The Road that plays Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitroy2k

Assistant Cook
This is a road in Lancaster Ca. that makes music when you drive over it. It was created for a commercial and they designed harmonics in the asphalt to create the music when driven over. Apparently other countries have been doing it for awhile. Unfortunately people complianed and it is being removed. Their probably the same ones who complain about the jets flying through the valley. lol

The Musical Road (flv video) download at fliiby.com

That is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to take a quick spin out to Lancaster before it's gone.

Last edited:
My dad always said that they should make the roads so that if you fell asleep and drove off to the side it would say something like "warning!" Apparently it could have been done!

:)Barbara

That brought back fond memories. Thanks. After I got my driver's license, the girlfriends and I would cruz down to the Jersey Shore;Seaside Heights. On Rt 37 there was a bridge/overpass that was made out of iron/steel grating. As a teen with a new license you know we used to fly down on a wing and a prayer to get there A.S.A.P., but when I got to that bridge, I had to slow to exactly 31mph to get the coolest sound driving over that grating.
If it hadn't been life threatening, or against the law, I probably would have forward/reverse, forward/reverse until the girls got fed up. I loved that sound. And I was always the driver.
I wonder if it's still there? That was in 73-75.

My dad always said that they should make the roads so that if you fell asleep and drove off to the side it would say something like "warning!" Apparently it could have been done!

The ridges on the side are enough for me:LOL: Those things freak me out if I go over them. Not a good feeling or noise!!

The ridges on the side are enough for me:LOL: Those things freak me out if I go over them. Not a good feeling or noise!!
I agree! I'm sure my dad would too. When he suggested the other (around 30 or so years ago), these didn't exist (or at least not where we lived).

That's pretty cool. Why would someone complain about it though? Unless you lived directly next to it.

Thanks for sharing that. It seems to be out in the country so no neighbours to bother. Can't the people who don't like it just take another road?

Back
Top Bottom