"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
+1!!I'd dump bread and sugar. And self-medicating in the a.m. Love you. I don't even want to guess how many DCers are saying "6 lb" get real.
+2!!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

i can poop 6 lbs. on a good day, but it depends on your size.

if you're healthy at 100 lbs., 6 lbs is a decent amount.

at a healthy 200+ lbs, it can be lost in a few weeks with little effort.

weight is a perspective thing. don't lose the weight hecause ypu think you pook better or fit your jeans. control your weight (bmi, really) depending on your overall health since you have other factors in play.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
+1!!I'd dump bread and sugar. And self-medicating in the a.m. Love you. I don't even want to guess how many DCers are saying "6 lb" get real.
When you've been pretty much the same weight all your life 6 lbs can be as hard to shift as a 100 so I don't really care if people think it's crazy.
Clearly my morning moment I had yesterday made people think I drink all day

We have a set routine, we drink 2 or 3 drinks twice a month. Hardly enough to influence health or weight.
Hubby and I are social drinkers and he never wants to leave the house!
I have the odd moment every few months when I have more. I think I drank more in High School ;p
Yes I agree with the bread and sugar comment. Thanks

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #14
Master Chef

Thank you for the comments all :) I think I'll go with cutting out bread. I hardly eat sugar, don't have a sweet tooth. We don't really keep sweets in the house. My problem lately was salty foods. Bread and cheese lol!

Contrary to popular belief I drink very little. I wish I drank a lot sometimes, just the stress level that makes me want to. Don't give into my urge often!
I eat loads of fruit and veg but I've been snacking on toast, crackers and cheese. A habit I need to break.
I walk far every day so excercise is not the issue.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

I think if you just cut back on the bread, crackers, and toast, you'll lose those 6 lb. I don't have a problem with cheese--love it, but I'm a protein-dairy freak. I also cut the pasta out of what I eat for the most part--once a month at best.

Be creative about what you use to deliver the stuff you are eating--if you're eating hummus, celery, peppers, etc. (I'd say carrots, but know you don't do carrots). Make a lettuce wrap for your scarmbled eggs instead of toast. Cheese is also good with peppers. You can do this!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
I think if you just cut back on the bread, crackers, and toast, you'll lose those 6 lb. I don't have a problem with cheese--love it, but I'm a protein-dairy freak. I also cut the pasta out of what I eat for the most part--once a month at best.

Be creative about what you use to deliver the stuff you are eating--if you're eating hummus, celery, peppers, etc. (I'd say carrots, but know you don't do carrots). Make a lettuce wrap for your scarmbled eggs instead of toast. Cheese is also good with peppers. You can do this!
Thank you!!!! Advise that makes sense

P.S I said I don't like carrots, not I don't eat them. I'm a good girl, I eat everything even if I'm not a fan. Raw carrots taste less bitter than cooked and anything tastes good with hummus!
Most nights I eat different foods to my family anyway.
Here we go! I'll watch my weight and see how it goes! I started eating cooked beets and raw veggies in between meals on Thursday and when I weighed myself today I was 2 pounds down. This may be easier than I thought
Once I leave the bread I think the other 4 pounds will shift quickly.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

You can still have bread once in awhile, but think outside of the two slices of bread--in the summer, I love to take a slice of tomato and use that as my "toast" for my poached egg. I wrap my scrambled eggs in chard/lettuce instead of having toast on the side. I put my burger on a grilled portabello (sp) mushroom cap instead of a bun or just eat the bottom part of the bun. Today I am making bread (and pasta)--but this is the first time in 3 or 4 weeks there will be bread in the house and I haven't had pasta since the last snow storm when I made carbarnaro (sp) for breakfast (minus the cream and bacon/meat) to load up on carbs and protein so I had enough energy to shovel the driveway. Good luck!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
You can still have bread once in awhile, but think outside of the two slices of bread--in the summer, I love to take a slice of tomato and use that as my "toast" for my poached egg. I wrap my scrambled eggs in chard/lettuce instead of having toast on the side. I put my burger on a grilled portabello (sp) mushroom cap instead of a bun or just eat the bottom part of the bun. Today I am making bread (and pasta)--but this is the first time in 3 or 4 weeks there will be bread in the house and I haven't had pasta since the last snow storm when I made carbarnaro (sp) for breakfast (minus the cream and bacon/meat) to load up on carbs and protein so I had enough energy to shovel the driveway. Good luck!
Thank you For being supportive and for thinking outside the box! Was just looking for a healthy way to do this.
I'm not usually big on carbs, the bread thing started a few months ago. Copying hubby and kids
I prefer granary bread or rye so I'll have that when we eat bread as part of a meal.
Veg, fruit, fats, meat, eggs and dairy never make me gain weight. Don't think wheat or wheat products are for me.
I just look at white bread, pastry etc and my butt expands

I love your idea and I also love brown rice, quinoa, lentils, beans and other grains.
I've been watching your meals for a while and I was thinking that it would be a good option for me.
You have a copy cat on your tail, hope you don't mind if I nick a few meal ideas from you?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Snip--nick all you want--however, I have no butt (I am of the flat-butt tribe), so hanging off my tail will be tricky <g>.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Snip--nick all you want--however, I have no butt (I am of the flat-butt tribe), so hanging off my tail will be tricky <g>.

I've got an athletic build so any bump shows. If I swallow a pea I look pregnant
My mom always used to say we're the flat butt clan with boobs

Tags
diet