"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
+1!!I'd dump bread and sugar. And self-medicating in the a.m. Love you. I don't even want to guess how many DCers are saying "6 lb" get real.
+2!!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,768
i can poop 6 lbs. on a good day, but it depends on your size.

if you're healthy at 100 lbs., 6 lbs is a decent amount.

at a healthy 200+ lbs, it can be lost in a few weeks with little effort.

weight is a perspective thing. don't lose the weight hecause ypu think you pook better or fit your jeans. control your weight (bmi, really) depending on your overall health since you have other factors in play.
__________________

__________________
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.


Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #13
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
+1!!I'd dump bread and sugar. And self-medicating in the a.m. Love you. I don't even want to guess how many DCers are saying "6 lb" get real.
When you've been pretty much the same weight all your life 6 lbs can be as hard to shift as a 100 so I don't really care if people think it's crazy.
Clearly my morning moment I had yesterday made people think I drink all day

We have a set routine, we drink 2 or 3 drinks twice a month. Hardly enough to influence health or weight.
Hubby and I are social drinkers and he never wants to leave the house!
I have the odd moment every few months when I have more. I think I drank more in High School ;p
Yes I agree with the bread and sugar comment. Thanks
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #14
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Thank you for the comments all :) I think I'll go with cutting out bread. I hardly eat sugar, don't have a sweet tooth. We don't really keep sweets in the house. My problem lately was salty foods. Bread and cheese lol!

Contrary to popular belief I drink very little. I wish I drank a lot sometimes, just the stress level that makes me want to. Don't give into my urge often!
I eat loads of fruit and veg but I've been snacking on toast, crackers and cheese. A habit I need to break.
I walk far every day so excercise is not the issue.
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,334
I think if you just cut back on the bread, crackers, and toast, you'll lose those 6 lb. I don't have a problem with cheese--love it, but I'm a protein-dairy freak. I also cut the pasta out of what I eat for the most part--once a month at best.

Be creative about what you use to deliver the stuff you are eating--if you're eating hummus, celery, peppers, etc. (I'd say carrots, but know you don't do carrots). Make a lettuce wrap for your scarmbled eggs instead of toast. Cheese is also good with peppers. You can do this!
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #16
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I think if you just cut back on the bread, crackers, and toast, you'll lose those 6 lb. I don't have a problem with cheese--love it, but I'm a protein-dairy freak. I also cut the pasta out of what I eat for the most part--once a month at best.

Be creative about what you use to deliver the stuff you are eating--if you're eating hummus, celery, peppers, etc. (I'd say carrots, but know you don't do carrots). Make a lettuce wrap for your scarmbled eggs instead of toast. Cheese is also good with peppers. You can do this!
Thank you!!!! Advise that makes sense

P.S I said I don't like carrots, not I don't eat them. I'm a good girl, I eat everything even if I'm not a fan. Raw carrots taste less bitter than cooked and anything tastes good with hummus!
Most nights I eat different foods to my family anyway.
Here we go! I'll watch my weight and see how it goes! I started eating cooked beets and raw veggies in between meals on Thursday and when I weighed myself today I was 2 pounds down. This may be easier than I thought
Once I leave the bread I think the other 4 pounds will shift quickly.
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,334
You can still have bread once in awhile, but think outside of the two slices of bread--in the summer, I love to take a slice of tomato and use that as my "toast" for my poached egg. I wrap my scrambled eggs in chard/lettuce instead of having toast on the side. I put my burger on a grilled portabello (sp) mushroom cap instead of a bun or just eat the bottom part of the bun. Today I am making bread (and pasta)--but this is the first time in 3 or 4 weeks there will be bread in the house and I haven't had pasta since the last snow storm when I made carbarnaro (sp) for breakfast (minus the cream and bacon/meat) to load up on carbs and protein so I had enough energy to shovel the driveway. Good luck!
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #18
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
You can still have bread once in awhile, but think outside of the two slices of bread--in the summer, I love to take a slice of tomato and use that as my "toast" for my poached egg. I wrap my scrambled eggs in chard/lettuce instead of having toast on the side. I put my burger on a grilled portabello (sp) mushroom cap instead of a bun or just eat the bottom part of the bun. Today I am making bread (and pasta)--but this is the first time in 3 or 4 weeks there will be bread in the house and I haven't had pasta since the last snow storm when I made carbarnaro (sp) for breakfast (minus the cream and bacon/meat) to load up on carbs and protein so I had enough energy to shovel the driveway. Good luck!
Thank you For being supportive and for thinking outside the box! Was just looking for a healthy way to do this.
I'm not usually big on carbs, the bread thing started a few months ago. Copying hubby and kids
I prefer granary bread or rye so I'll have that when we eat bread as part of a meal.
Veg, fruit, fats, meat, eggs and dairy never make me gain weight. Don't think wheat or wheat products are for me.
I just look at white bread, pastry etc and my butt expands

I love your idea and I also love brown rice, quinoa, lentils, beans and other grains.
I've been watching your meals for a while and I was thinking that it would be a good option for me.
You have a copy cat on your tail, hope you don't mind if I nick a few meal ideas from you?
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,334
Snip--nick all you want--however, I have no butt (I am of the flat-butt tribe), so hanging off my tail will be tricky <g>.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #20
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Snip--nick all you want--however, I have no butt (I am of the flat-butt tribe), so hanging off my tail will be tricky <g>.


I've got an athletic build so any bump shows. If I swallow a pea I look pregnant
My mom always used to say we're the flat butt clan with boobs
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diet

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.