The Scarsdale Diet (Your view?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally, I've never had the time to connect a scale to the toilet, so I'll just take your word on that:LOL::ROFLMAO:.

TMI I know but after the birth of my son I had extreme constipation. Nothing helped!!! Couldn't go for 3 weeks. Then eventually I decided to use Colon Prep (the stuff they give you before a colonoscopy. It work like hell, I woke up 12 lbs lighter the next day :LOL:
I had a maid at the time and when she saw me in the morning she said : Mam, what happened? You went to bed fat and woke up skinny :ROFLMAO:

Having most of the same health problems as you have Odette, I will tell you which diet the Clinicians in my life have agreed upon: The DASH Diet I am happy with this one. It's a diet for folks with high blood pressure, so you can be liberal with the sodium requirements if you don't have high BP.

Having most of the same health problems as you have Odette, I will tell you which diet the Clinicians in my life have agreed upon: The DASH Diet I am happy with this one. It's a diet for folks with high blood pressure, so you can be liberal with the sodium requirements if you don't have high BP.
I didn't know it had a name--that's pretty much how I eat minus the sweets and I really don't eat that many servings of grains every day. But I do get a lot of servings of veggies, just not a lot of fruits--I'm working on that, and fiber.

"In addition to being recommended by your physician, DASH is also endorsed by:

• The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (one of the National Institutes of Health, of the US Department of Health and Human Services)
  • The American Heart Association (AHA)
  • The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
  • US guidelines for treatment of high blood pressure
  • The 2011 AHA Treatment Guidelines for Women
  • The Mayo Clinic."
From the link I provided.

I got angry with my care team and told them to get together somehow and decide what diet to follow since I could not follow all their recommendations separately and have anything nice to eat.
I also gave them the list of things I WOULD NOT eat, like artificial sweeteners, etc.

Last edited:
"In addition to being recommended by your physician, DASH is also endorsed by:

• The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (one of the National Institutes of Health, of the US Department of Health and Human Services)
  • The American Heart Association (AHA)
  • The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
  • US guidelines for treatment of high blood pressure
  • The 2011 AHA Treatment Guidelines for Women
  • The Mayo Clinic."
From the link I provided.

I got angry with my care team and told them to get together somehow and decide what diet to follow since I could not follow all their recommendations separately and have anything nice to eat. I also gave them the list of things I WOULD NOT eat, like artificial sweeteners, etc.

Thank you PF :) This was very useful.

I've looked up a few sample menus from this diet. Sounds yummy and easy :)

Very glad I don't have hypertension though! I love salt :angel: I do use celery salt most of the time, at least it's got less sodium in it :LOL:

Personally, I've never had the time to connect a scale to the toilet, so I'll just take your word on that:LOL::ROFLMAO:.

lol, hey, the emporers of china used to get their poop weighed and analyzed every day to check the status of their health.

just call me qin shihuang bucky di.

Last edited:
i can poop 6 lbs. on a good day, but it depends on your size.

Apparently I can poop 10 lbs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Had a bit of a tummy upset on Monday. Weighed myself today and I'm 10 lbs lighter :rolleyes:

Maybe I wasn't over my ideal weight, just full of sh!t!

Last edited by a moderator:
i can poop 6 lbs. on a good day, but it depends on your size.

if you're healthy at 100 lbs., 6 lbs is a decent amount.

at a healthy 200+ lbs, it can be lost in a few weeks with little effort.

weight is a perspective thing. don't lose the weight hecause ypu think you pook better or fit your jeans. control your weight (bmi, really) depending on your overall health since you have other factors in play.

I always check my BMI and the 125 lbs I want to be is perfect for my height and bone structure. I'm tall but I have a small frame. Don't want to go below 125.

My weight has stabilized after Monday's bug. I'm on 123 lbs. 2 lbs less than I was aiming for.
Weight loss mission is over and it only took 6 days. All I did was cut out some of my bread and follow some of the guidelines from the Dash Diet.
I'm a happy camper :) Now just to keep it off and stay between 123 and 125.

My weight has stabilized after Monday's bug. I'm on 123 lbs. 2 lbs less than I was aiming for.
Weight loss mission is over and it only took 6 days. All I did was cut out some of my bread and follow some of the guidelines from the Dash Diet.
I'm a happy camper :) Now just to keep it off and stay between 123 and 125.
It it amazing what cutting back on the bread does...good for you. And, ditto what BT said :LOL::ROFLMAO:.

just don't poop...

It it amazing what cutting back on the bread does...good for you. And, ditto what BT said :LOL::ROFLMAO:.

It is! Thank you for reminding me :)
I was only overweight once in my life, the year in lived in Barcelona. When I came back I lost the 45lbs I gained in 3 months just buy swapping white bread for 100% rye bread and limiting by bread to 2 slices per day.

Maybe I've got some form of wheat intolerance?

I can't even look at white bread or pastry without gaining weight but I can eat tons of meat, fruit, veg and dairy without gaining an ounce :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom