The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prayers for you.....here, Oh Dear Heavenly Father, keep him in your kind care.

Part sick room, part rant...

On the 23rd, my daughter will undergo a micro-diskectomy laminectomy L5-S1 procedure..( spelling??)

The rant part... Because of insurance regulations, even knowing that this procedure would be necessary, she had to first have 2 separate epidural steroid injections...

To add to all that fun, my daughter and SIL are to close on their recently purchased house on the 27th and move on the 28th..

It will be, "Daddy, bring me this, Daddy move that closer", etc., etc. :ROFLMAO:

Ross

Better set an on the hour time for requests or you will never sit down. Had to do that with Shrek, he was constantly thinking of things for me to do (since I was just sitting there).

Better set an on the hour time for requests or you will never sit down. Had to do that with Shrek, he was constantly thinking of things for me to do (since I was just sitting there).
Yes.... I recall that with the illness of my first wife..

Its interesting how, looking back, I'd gladly relive all of those "things for me to do". :)

Ross

Yes.... I recall that with the illness of my first wife..

Its interesting how, looking back, I'd gladly relive all of those "things for me to do". :)

Ross

I must be a nurse, I want to get as much done as possible with the first request and get it over with, then I can sit for at least 20 minutes and catch up with tv, the book I am reading, etc.

I am still reeling in this loss, sometimes I say the wrong thing.

I must be a nurse, I want to get as much done as possible with the first request and get it over with, then I can sit for at least 20 minutes and catch up with tv, the book I am reading, etc.

When grieving for someone who has played a major role in your life, nothing you can say is wrong.. Each handles the passing of a loved one differently.. There is no right nor wrong way to do so.. :)

Ross

I think of you often and offer a virtual hug whenever you need one {{{Princess Fiona}}} [emoji813]

Be kind to yourself PF; you are treading in uncharted waters.

And be prepared to hear wrong things said to you. After reading many grief manuals, one situation stuck with me. At a funeral for a toddler, one friend struggling to find words of comfort for the grieving mother blurted out, "at least you won't have any more dirty diapers to change".

PF you are entering a disorienting, incomprehensible, period of your life. Grieve at your own pace and take care of yourself.

Thinking of you daily.....

An update. Well, I still don’t know the results of biopsy, but that biopsy sent me to the hospital on Saturday with the whole body infection. Been out of it for most part today finally first day I am functioning normally. Maybe will even go home.

Back
Top Bottom