The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let us know when you are entering "Celebrity Come Dancing" so we can all watch.

(Not sure if you get that TV programme. The famous competitors - mostly TV "celebrities" - learn to do ball-room dancing to competition level with a professional ball-room dancer and then they all compete.)

We get a similar show called "Dancing with the Stars", new season starts next Monday (9/24) on ABC.

I am scheduled to get my haircut tomorrow afternoon. That plan got killed today. I have not only a full blown head cold, but also a full blown chest cold. The hairdresser was going to come to my home and do it, but I will call her in the morning and cancel it. I have no desire to pass this misery on to anyone else.

Sneeze, sneeze, cough, cough, sneeze, etc. And at this hour, I can't send Pirate to the store for cold meds.

I am scheduled to get my haircut tomorrow afternoon. That plan got killed today. I have not only a full blown head cold, but also a full blown chest cold. The hairdresser was going to come to my home and do it, but I will call her in the morning and cancel it. I have no desire to pass this misery on to anyone else.

Sneeze, sneeze, cough, cough, sneeze, etc. And at this hour, I can't send Pirate to the store for cold meds.

Addie,
Before you take anything over the counter check with Winthrop first to see if it's ok to take them with all those lethal meds your taking now.

Munky.

Addie,
Before you take anything over the counter check with Winthrop first to see if it's ok to take them with all those lethal meds your taking now.

Munky.

This the second time in a year I have had this kind of colds. I came across the meds Winthrop gave me then, and it hasn't expired. And it also gives me 11 refills. It is 600 MG of Mucinex. It is working great today.

The nurse came today to change my dressings on my stump. She took a look at the bottle and said, "Go ahead. They are still good."

Thank you Munky for caring.

When I was in the hospital, the doctors took a look at all the meds I was on. Pirate and I dug out an old copy of all the meds I was taking on a daily basis. 42 pills a day. I was so overwhelmed. It would take me more than 15 minutes to get them all ready to take. Every month when I would get my full months supply, I just couldn't do it anymore. So I stopped taking any. They did some blood work in the hospital. The doctor asked me why wasn't I taking any of my meds. I told him and he took a good hard look at the whole list. He cleaned up the list. I haven't missed a day since I came home.

The doctors were horrified. When I came home, I am now only taking 14 a day.

Thank you Munky. Sorry about that. Every time I see something you have posted, I wonder about the progress your hubby is making. I am just happy that you still have him at your side. We never know when an incident happens to the ones we love, just how much love is required of us. A prayer for the both of you. :angel::angel:

Addie,

Munky.

+1
he could also just ask the druggist who filled her prescriptions if they are good to take with.

One thing we have in Quebec (if you sign up for it) is pharmacies have a data base on you. some drugs, even though OTC are actually kept behind the counter. You do not need to have a prescription for them but they will check your data to see if there is any conflict when you buy them. It's not a perfect system, there are ways around it, but it worked/s for me!

on another note...

am just having a last coffee before heading off to the hospital this morning for a spinal facet block, 6 shots into L3-4 L4-5, L5-S1. So if you see turbulence in the sky coming from somewhere between Montreal and Ottawa - please block your ears as the sound will probably be half way between a catagory 5 thunder and a scale 6 earthquake.

ow...

+1
he could also just ask the druggist who filled her prescriptions if they are good to take with.

One thing we have in Quebec (if you sign up for it) is pharmacies have a data base on you. some drugs, even though OTC are actually kept behind the counter. You do not need to have a prescription for them but they will check your data to see if there is any conflict when you buy them. It's not a perfect system, there are ways around it, but it worked/s for me!

on another note...

am just having a last coffee before heading off to the hospital this morning for a spinal facet block, 6 shots into L3-4 L4-5, L5-S1. So if you see turbulence in the sky coming from somewhere between Montreal and Ottawa - please block your ears as the sound will probably be half way between a catagory 5 thunder and a scale 6 earthquake.

ow...
(((Great big, gentle hugs))) I hope it works well for you.

(((Great big, gentle hugs))) I hope it works well for you.

Thanks taxy - I'm home already. It took longer to park, be called, change, dress and leave. It took the doctor less than 10 min.
They will only do max. 4 shots at a time. So they did 3 on one side today and the 3 on other side will be next week.

When I had my finger done, that knuckle joint is very very small - I'm pretty sure I cleared out the doctor's waiting room with my groans.

So I'm relieved - 3 little pricks, a little bit of pressure with one little omph and it was over. I guess the openings were not that narrow.

So I stopped at Wally's World and blew a few bucks on my way home. :rolleyes:

Thank you Munky. Sorry about that. Every time I see something you have posted, I wonder about the progress your hubby is making. I am just happy that you still have him at your side. We never know when an incident happens to the ones we love, just how much love is required of us. A prayer for the both of you. :angel::angel:

It's ok Addie.The dinner thread says no chat.That's why I said ask here.
As for Hubby were taking it one day at a time.
Sorry I didn't get back to ya sooner.
Yesterday I was just so tired from doing so much around here that I had to take a day to do only what was necessary.
Rested up today. Ready to get back to work.

Munky.

Welp...

A passed kidney stone destroyed my macho image @ 4AM this morning.. I thought I was a badazz when the heart attacks didn't take me down but... passing a kidney stone just about made me cry.. :wacko:

I suppose I have this fun thing to look forward to in my future..

Ross

Ross, I know your pain. I have had many kidney stones and I know they are harder to pass for men. One was huge and lodged itself so I needed to have it blasted out.

Okay, enough is enough. I have been having full body tremors (up from just my hands/arms, feet/legs) and they are wearing me out. I am also having blackouts again and falling or at the very least feeling my one leg slightly buckling so I feel like I will fall and catch myself.

The hospital won't do anything because it is not "life-threatening" or an "injury that needs immediate treatment (i.e. broken bone, cut needing stitches, etc.) The clinic won't do anything because I am not a patient there so they don't do the follow-up. And my GP is an hour minimum drive away and I couldn't get an appointment until next week, 2 days before the MRI that is supposed to give us answers.

I can't shower alone (I fell getting out once) so TB or my care aide has to be in the house. I have given up driving (I would have to in a year anyway because my license is due for renewal and over 60 you have to have a mandatory medical check. I know I won't pass so I am just going to surrender my license). I often don't have enough energy to make a proper meal so we have been getting prepared meats (in a marinade or pre-seasoned) so that TB can just stick it on the grill or in the oven for himself. I am eating very little and mostly just soups and salads.

Add to all of that the fact that my pain levels, which were already high, have shot through the roof. When this happens, my depression usually comes back and while I am fighting it with everything I have, it is definitely affecting me.

Okay, I got out my rant. It wouldn't be so bad but good things are happening in my life but all of the above make it hard to be excited or even follow through.

Gentle (((hugs))) coming your way, Lydia.

Ross, all I can say is :shock:. Hope that's the last of that.

Other than old-age aches, I'm OK. However, if anyone is in the mood for praying, my cousin Rick and his family could use some sent their way. His wife took him to the OR because she noticed some odd symptoms. The doctors found a small tumor on his brain; he will be undergoing surgery tomorrow. This came as a shock to the family - we were surprised to find out that Rick actually has a brain! :D The good news is, he's just as funny with his Facebook posts with this news as he's always been.

Welp...

A passed kidney stone destroyed my macho image @ 4AM this morning.. I thought I was a badazz when the heart attacks didn't take me down but... passing a kidney stone just about made me cry.. :wacko:

I suppose I have this fun thing to look forward to in my future..

Ross

Drink 2 tablespoons of lemon juice every day, you can mix it with water and sweetener if you like. Bottled juice is fine. This helps break them down before they break you down. I have suggested this to several people and they have had no further problems with passing stones.

Other than old-age aches, I'm OK. However, if anyone is in the mood for praying, my cousin Rick and his family could use some sent their way. His wife took him to the OR because she noticed some odd symptoms. The doctors found a small tumor on his brain; he will be undergoing surgery tomorrow. This came as a shock to the family - we were surprised to find out that Rick actually has a brain! :D The good news is, he's just as funny with his Facebook posts with this news as he's always been.

Healing thoughts going out.

Ross, I know your pain. I have had many kidney stones and I know they are harder to pass for men. One was huge and lodged itself so I needed to have it blasted out.

Okay, enough is enough. I have been having full body tremors (up from just my hands/arms, feet/legs) and they are wearing me out. I am also having blackouts again and falling or at the very least feeling my one leg slightly buckling so I feel like I will fall and catch myself.

The hospital won't do anything because it is not "life-threatening" or an "injury that needs immediate treatment (i.e. broken bone, cut needing stitches, etc.) The clinic won't do anything because I am not a patient there so they don't do the follow-up. And my GP is an hour minimum drive away and I couldn't get an appointment until next week, 2 days before the MRI that is supposed to give us answers.

I can't shower alone (I fell getting out once) so TB or my care aide has to be in the house. I have given up driving (I would have to in a year anyway because my license is due for renewal and over 60 you have to have a mandatory medical check. I know I won't pass so I am just going to surrender my license). I often don't have enough energy to make a proper meal so we have been getting prepared meats (in a marinade or pre-seasoned) so that TB can just stick it on the grill or in the oven for himself. I am eating very little and mostly just soups and salads.

Add to all of that the fact that my pain levels, which were already high, have shot through the roof. When this happens, my depression usually comes back and while I am fighting it with everything I have, it is definitely affecting me.

Okay, I got out my rant. It wouldn't be so bad but good things are happening in my life but all of the above make it hard to be excited or even follow through.

So sorry, LP. Healing thoughts going out.

CG, prayers are going up and will continue to for Rick and his family. For you as well as you wait for news. Please keep us updated.

I hate to see the problems you and others are having, health wise..
Putting things in proper perspective, makes me understand that I really have things pretty good..
My thoughts are with you and all who suffer health issues..

Ross

Thank you CG... I hope so too...
Thinking good thoughts for your cousin and family...

Ross

Back
Top Bottom