The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG, don't be like me. When it just starts feeling a little better, that's the sign that it's healing, not the sign that you're good as new. Overdoing it, and pushing myself has caused what should have been short healing time, has caused the injury to require long healing time.

I've fallen twice here in Montana. Fortunately, those Judo falling techniques still work. No bumps, bruises, or injuries.

GG, take it easy. Let it heal And take care of you. You are in my prayers. I've seen miracles happen through prayer.
Thank you so much, Chief. Your caring words are like a nice hug [emoji847]

Next Wednesday, colonoscopy time. After three months of misery, we find out what's going on. I hope, tired of the full liquid diet.

More hugs PF!
I was just thinking of you and your family today.
How is Sis?

Thank you, KGirl
Sis is doing very well, had Dad in the hospital for a week, heart attack he didn't know he had. He's home on oxygen and waiting for a procedure appointment in Colorado. Me - nausea, vomiting and ..., think I have a partial obstruction. The only one who is not sick is Mom and she's sick of driving us around.

Getting older is not for wimps! Sending love and prayers, PF. Hopefully they will find out what is needed. Not a fun procedure, but the best sleep I've ever had. :rolleyes:

Been through it once before...shows how miserable I am that I am requesting this one. Yup, get to sleep it off at Mom's and be pampered.

PF, it sounds like the bad news bug is running rampant in your family. I hope your tests find what's wrong so the doc can fix you up. Good health to you and the rest of your family. [emoji3590]

PF, it sounds like the bad news bug is running rampant in your family. I hope your tests find what's wrong so the doc can fix you up. Good health to you and the rest of your family. [emoji3590]

Thank You CG. Mom and I had been trying to get Dad to the doctor for almost two months, because "something wasn't right" and he said he wouldn't go because they would make him wear a mask. Finally, two Sundays ago he said, "I think you better drop me off at the hospital." Then the fun began, three hospitals in one week. 2 totally blocked arteries in his heart and one partially blocked. Waiting is...

Wow, Princess - you have a lot going on. I'm glad your mom is able to help you all with everything. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think is causing the obstruction? I had an intestinal stricture once, caused by scarring from surgery. No fun at all. Love and hugs [emoji847]

Wow, Princess - you have a lot going on. I'm glad your mom is able to help you all with everything. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think is causing the obstruction? I had an intestinal stricture once, caused by scarring from surgery. No fun at all. Love and hugs [emoji847]

I'm hoping it's adhesions and strictures from my hysterectomy years ago. Thanks GG!

My oh-so-brave BIL decided to have his first colonoscopy done while awake. [emoji44] He's an engineer and likes to see how things work.

Never again, never again...
The doctor who did my first colonoscopy didn't even offer anesthesia. Since I had no idea what to expect, I didn't question it. I changed doctors not long afterward.

PriFi, you know how much you mean to this community? We are all hoping you can find the answers to make your life more livable, and that you become stronger from it. And I agree, growing older, day by day, is not for the weak minded. It takes courage, and tenacity to keep on keeping on. You have both of those qualities in spades. You too are in my prayers.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Bowel Prep last night wasn't too bad. Woke up thirsty as heck and ready to get it over with. Colonoscopy - had several really good nurses attending, my Primary performed the procedure and all went well. One of the nurses said he'd never seen anyone come out of it ready to walk and making sense. They gave me fentanyl and versed.

Normal Colonoscopy, the pictures look good, no masses or anything untoward. No narrowing, nothing to indicate my problems stem from there.

So, now I may still have problems with nausea, don't know but the breakfast Mom cooked me went down. Will figure it out later once I have a chance to digest.

Off to bed to sleep for a while.

I have no idea what they give me but with both of my procedures I was ready to walk out within 10 minutes of waking. Just needed to get dressed! LOL.

So glad it went well Princess.!!

Hopefully, maybe, just by chance, in a long shot, out of the ball park - maybe the procedure put everything back to the way it should be going and your problems will be over. (Hey!... we can always hope!)

Back
Top Bottom