The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For someone who rarely gets sick... it's horrid.

Maybe y'all know it as Bendryl?

Pass on the Bourbon as two shots would do me in. A bottle an a half of wine I can handle.
Good luck with the tooth extraction. I feel for you.

And Thanks all for the good wishes. It shouldn't last long, rarely lasts. Think I actually even have a fever! Wow!

For someone who rarely gets sick... it's horrid.

Maybe y'all know it as Bendryl?

Pass on the Bourbon as two shots would do me in. A bottle an a half of wine I can handle.
Good luck with the tooth extraction. I feel for you.

And Thanks all for the good wishes. It shouldn't last long, rarely lasts. Think I actually even have a fever! Wow!

Benadryl is an antihistamine, not a cough suppressant. Your Benylin sounds more like our Tussin (or Robitussin).

CD

which ever it is - LOL - and I'm not looking to submit my doctorate - was only trying to give it a name - saw a Ben in the title - just didn't want to use 'bennies'. :LOL:

Last night was pretty bad up until about 2 or 3, then fell back to sleep until 5:30. Waiting on my coffee - so far, sinus' are still feeling funny, but no coughing yet. Not sure on the fever yet, probably hovering around 99. (for me, that's a fever, my average body temp is about 96.6 to 97)

which ever it is - LOL - and I'm not looking to submit my doctorate - was only trying to give it a name - saw a Ben in the title - just didn't want to use 'bennies'. :LOL:

Last night was pretty bad up until about 2 or 3, then fell back to sleep until 5:30. Waiting on my coffee - so far, sinus' are still feeling funny, but no coughing yet. Not sure on the fever yet, probably hovering around 99. (for me, that's a fever, my average body temp is about 96.6 to 97)

I knew that the UK had different names for common meds than we have, but didn't know Canada did, too. I don't know why, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the drug companies making more money with two different names for the same meds.

My normal body temp is also a degree or two lower than 98.6F.

CD

My sister stopped by my mom's place yesterday, and mom was showing some signs of a possible mild stroke or TIA. My sister is a retired hospital RN, so she called 911.

We should know a lot more today. It's nice that my sister has known the doctors who are treating mom for a long time.

CD
Fingers crossed for Mom's good health.

Thanks everyone. The one doctor my mom still needs to see, a neurologist my sister doesn't know, didn't go to see my mom today. She can't go home until this guy see's her, and orders an MRI. My sister can get that MRI done at that hospital very expeditiously, but this doctor has to order it. The other two doctors had their visits and tests done within hours of mom's arrival, but they have known and worked with my sister for years.

If she can't go home tomorrow, she's stuck in the hospital until at least Monday, because it's Easter weekend. A few years ago, I spent five days as a hospital hostage. The only reason I got discharged is because my insurance company told the hospital they weren't going to get paid for any more days. I never did see the doctor, but the hospital didn't care. They weren't going to get any more money, so they released me.

I just hate the thought of my mom spending Easter in a hospital room for no reason other than one doctor was too busy to order a simple MRI.

CD

Update on my mom. She did have a mild stroke. She has been moved from a hospital room into a really good rehab facility in the same hospital. The rehab people know my sister, so mom is getting a little extra attention. They have her doing rehab exercises three hours a day, which is important for her to go back to Independent living. She has a nice room in rehab, and seems to be pretty happy.

I'm going down to Houston a week from today. I won't be able to cook Sunday dinner at her apartment, but my sister can take a day or two off from going to the hospital, while I go in her place.

I can also go to her apartment, wind the grandfather clock, and maybe stop by the dining room at lunchtime to chat with the friends she has lunch with everyday.

We manage most of her finances online, but we need to do one thing in person while I am in town. So much paperwork to do in these situations.

I have a wonderful dog sitter who took great care of Teddy, and she will look after mom's dog while I'm gone. My mom will definitely ask me who is taking care of her dog.

CD

Casey, it sounds like your mum is in good hands and they have everything under control. Sending positive vibes that everything goes smoothly and your mum is all better soon. Have a good trip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom