The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One week one and no seizures, so it is looking good. I'm happy for my husband, I however has bad cold.

I haven't been around much because I got really sick last week and haven't been eating much. I spent most of Saturday in the ER. It turned out not to be serious but I was in a lot of pain, not getting around and not eating for several days, so I've lost a lot of strength. I hate that.

I feel a lot better today, though. DH is already joking about me making dinner tomorrow :ermm: We'll see.

Good thoughts going your way GG!

Tell DH that there might be little dragonettes helping him a bit as HE makes you a tasty supper enticing you to eat and get your strength on.

Attachments

• baby fire dragon.jpg
    baby fire dragon.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 174
  • c'mon I'm a teenager.jpg
    c'mon I'm a teenager.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 152
I haven't been around much because I got really sick last week and haven't been eating much. I spent most of Saturday in the ER...
Aw, GG, I'm sorry to hear this. I noticed you have been a bit invisible lately, but I figured you jammed up your left hand and couldn't type at all! Hope you feel better soon. :heart:

LOL Well that's good to hear! Keep on getting better every day!

oh yeah, and tell DH to watch his backside. :mrgreen: Sometimes the dragonettes don't aim too well. They're still pretty young and need practice.

I haven't been around much because I got really sick last week and haven't been eating much. I spent most of Saturday in the ER. It turned out not to be serious but I was in a lot of pain, not getting around and not eating for several days, so I've lost a lot of strength. I hate that.

I feel a lot better today, though. DH is already joking about me making dinner tomorrow :ermm: We'll see.

Sorry to hear of this. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I hope you are up and running soon. I for one miss you, even when I am not around.

I remember getting a powerful flu when I was younger. Not to be indelicate, but first you vomit, then you get intermittent chills and hot spells within seconds of each other. After that's over, you get an immediate 10 day cold.

That's what I call getting the flu. So far...I'm not feeling nauseous.

Last edited:
Well, yesterday I did it. Since my infancy I have never done it. After coming home from Winthrop yesterday, I was totally exhausted. I hit my bed, stayed awake long enough to eat a fast meal Pirate already had made for me and passed out. Looked at the clocked, 1 p.m. Looked at the clocked a second time, 10 o'clock at night. What woke me up was I was swimming in a sea of urine and feces. I have never in my long adult life ever done that. I let out a yell for Pirate. God bless him. I still was exhausted and he changed and washed not only me, but my bed completely. Not many sons would do that. They would have called a female relative, friend, or neighbor to do it. He even calmed me down enough for me to stop crying from shame. I don't know where he learned it, but he was able to do the whole thing without my even getting out of bed with a minimum of exposure. Hopefully, this was the very first and last time this ever happens.

I have made arrangements with Winthrop for the aide to come in twice a week to assist me with showering. I definitely assistance with getting in and out of the shower. And she will wash me down as well as wash my hair. Then when I have been dried down and in my nightgown, she will apply the cream to the spots where my skin is very dry.

I may be home, but this is going to be a very long trip back to good health. Thank you to all for the good wishes and support.

Bless Pirate for his wonderful caring aide to you! I know both my ex and his sister often had to change and wash down their mother.

Hopefully we all have as thoughtful caring children as you do Addie. You are doing a good job too - getting to know, what to expect of your care, getting it and being able to rely on it! Keep up the excellent work!

I'm home from the hospital. Good thing I know what I'm supposed to eat and not eat. If I had eaten the broccoli, aka "little trees," they gave me for lunch, I'd still be there [emoji38] It's chilly but sunny, so I'm going to go sit in the sun on the porch for a while. Cheers ?

I'm home from the hospital. Good thing I know what I'm supposed to eat and not eat. If I had eaten the broccoli, aka "little trees," they gave me for lunch, I'd still be there [emoji38] It's chilly but sunny, so I'm going to go sit in the sun on the porch for a while. Cheers ?

Welcome back, GG! Glad they sprung ya out!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom