The Six UK Do Us A Flavour finalists are out.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What in the world is Ranch Raccoon? I hope it is not what I think it is. :angel:

You mean:

A delicious combination of gamey meat flavour, with accents of sour cream and a garlic kick.

Right????

What in the world is Ranch Raccoon? I hope it is not what I think it is. :angel:
I was wondering where on earth someone in the UK got hold of a racoon.

Just realised that this was a competition to find new flavour for crisps (chips) so it's not as bad as it seems as crisps here are always flavoured with chemicals rather than the real thing. For example prawn cocktail flavour and bbq beef flavour crisps are described as "Suitable for vegetarians".

Last edited:
Well, if I come across them, I will give them a try. I think I would rather have the chemicals than the raccoon. Around here they are finding raccoons to be rabid. :angel:

None of those appeal to me, i.e. synthetic dust on potatoes.

I am a crispaholic! Very fussy about what kind I eat i.e. has to be hand cooked and either unsalted or (occasionally) lightly salted.
Hand cooked gives a firmer (slightly thicker crisp i.e more crunch factor) and unsalted means I can taste the potato more. ( I have
lost my sense of smell so maybe my taste buds are not up to scratch).

I have made my own but that is the route to becoming far too obese!

I love Wise Potato chips. They are not uniform in color or shape. Some are darker than others and some even burnt a bit. They have lowered their salt content also. Yet they are not sold as less sodium. They do have those, but it is almost with no salt. Not very good at all. I don't like the thick ones. I find Cape Cod chips to be way too thick. Great flavor, but to thick to enjoy. :angel:

I love Wise Potato chips. They are not uniform in color or shape. Some are darker than others and some even burnt a bit. They have lowered their salt content also. Yet they are not sold as less sodium. They do have those, but it is almost with no salt. Not very good at all. I don't like the thick ones. I find Cape Cod chips to be way too thick. Great flavor, but to thick to enjoy. :angel:
My name is Mad Cook and I am a Sour Cream and Onion Pringles addict. Pretty disgusting when you read the list of ingredients

Discover more about the Flavours of Pringles - United Kingdom

Odd, because I don't much like most crisps.

Well, if I come across them, I will give them a try. I think I would rather have the chemicals than the raccoon. Around here they are finding raccoons to be rabid. :angel:

If you have a food import store in your local area that brings in UK food you just might have a shot at getting anyone of those six flavors to try.

Back
Top Bottom