The sky has a new star.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
“I don’t know what you could say about a day in which you have seen four beautiful sunsets."

and

“If there is one thing I’ve learned in my years on this planet, it’s that the happiest and most fulfilled people I’ve known are those who devoted themselves to something bigger and more profound than merely their own self-interest."

~ John Glenn

Awwwww, my home town hero. I felt like I knew the man, we were raised in the same small Ohio town of Cambridge, although he spent much of his life in the next town over, New Concord. Our two towns had quite the rivalry! We had to have parades in both towns when he returned from orbiting the earth. He truly was a great man and husband. I'm guessing he is survived by his wife, Annie.

And that will be a bright star Dawgluver.

He inspired many in his journey on this Earth that he had a very unique perspective of.

Not many would volunteer to sit in a Starkist can perched on top of a giant Roman Candle and be tossed out of our atmosphere.
And then wonder if you'd be a crispy critter before you splashed down in a very large ocean hoping that they got it right where you were.

That to me say's he had big ones. ;)

Godspeed Mr. Glenn. :angel:

Others can only wish to have walked in your shoes but you caused many dream's for many people all over this tiny speck of the universe.

Rest in peace, Mr. Glenn. You were truly a brave pioneer in our great unknown, and will be missed.

And that will be a bright star Dawgluver.

He inspired many in his journey on this Earth that he had a very unique perspective of.

Not many would volunteer to sit in a Starkist can perched on top of a giant Roman Candle and be tossed out of our atmosphere.
And then wonder if you'd be a crispy critter before you splashed down in a very large ocean hoping that they got it right where you were.

That to me say's he had big ones. ;)

Godspeed Mr. Glenn. :angel:

Others can only wish to have walked in your shoes but you caused many dream's for many people all over this tiny speck of the universe.

+1. Well said, Zagut.

“I don’t know what you could say about a day in which you have seen four beautiful sunsets."

and

“If there is one thing I’ve learned in my years on this planet, it’s that the happiest and most fulfilled people I’ve known are those who devoted themselves to something bigger and more profound than merely their own self-interest."

~ John Glenn

Those quotes are so profound.

He is the best example of an American Superstar, and may his light always burn bright. RIP John Glen. :wub:

95 years young. Not all of the good die young.

He was a remarkable man, did so many important things in his long life, and lived it well.

Godspeed, John Glenn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom