"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #1
Traveling Welcome Wagon

The Strangest Dream I have Ever Had

I just finished posting my blog entry tonight, and it was just too weird not to share. Please share your strangest dreams too!

From my blog:

In my 53 years of life, I have had some crazy dreams. In fact, normal dreams are not the norm for me. Fortunately I love my crazy dreams, as they keep me well entertained. In my dreams I have been stalked by large wild animals, I have been lost, I lost my toddler grandson on a walk, and once I dreamed that I walked into a 7-11, grabbed a frozen pizza, folded it, stuffed it in my purse, and walked out. I don't often dream about people I know, and in fact, I'm not usually myself in my dreams.

I had one dream that I woke up from, crying. When I dream about my mom, who passed away over ten years ago, I wake up feeling happy. Last night's dream however, was without a doubt the strangest dream I have ever had.

I don't remember most of the dream, although it was all strange. The part I do remember is still very vivid to me. In my dream I felt something heavy hanging from my left eye. I could see that there was something hanging, but I couldn't see what it was, so I looked in the mirror. Woven into my eyebrows, and hanging about to my chin was some kind of soft woven nest. I looked inside, through the reflection in the mirror, and inside the nest were two baby voles! I have never seen a vole in my life, other than in pictures many years ago, but I remember in my dream saying that they were voles, and not moles. I had my husband cut the nest out of my eyebrows, and that is when the dream ended.

The strange thing is, I know what caused me to dream this strange dream! I don't know why the nest contained voles rather than moles, but the mind works in crazy ways. To see a vole, you can check Vole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,

Where did the dream come from? I believe it came from the skin tags my husband has on his eyelids. I have a small one as well, but his were large enough to bother him and we have been working on removing them. The doctor told us we could tie a thread around them and they would eventually fall off. We have removed a couple that way. Unfortunately, before they die and fall off, they double in size, but that's another story. :)

The reason I believe the skin tags are behind my dream is that for years before we knew what they were called, James called them "floppy moles." So in my mind, I transformed floppy moles on the eyelid into a nest of voles hanging from my eyebrows.

Well, it is time for bed. I wonder what crazy world I will visit tonight?!

Sweet dreams!!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Barb I am hurt I thought it would be about me.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

I suppose you could change your name to Floppy Mole...
Old 03-25-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

volas de fraile...

barbara, your dreams are far stranger than mine so i can't be of help.

if you need help with being chased by bears, or squeezing through tight openings into freedom, or having sword fights with pirates, i'm your man. but voles not so much.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Mine are very vivid and slightly bizarre...every night. I like the Chantix if only for the dreams!

In my dream, my Dad and I were sitting in a car facing Huck Finn pond (in Laramie, WY) and a huge crocodile surfaced in front of us, rolling over as he swam past. Dad mentioned how old he looked now (I only remember setting a box turtle free down there, never a crocodile).

Then Dad drove into the pond and we crossed it underwater, making an odd zig-zag on rocks on the other side to get out, but then we went through an opening that led to a back alley (force field type thing holding the water of the pond in) and then things got really weird and are fading.

Huck Finn pond is man-made and in the park at the end of the street we lived on while I was growing up. I have no idea why we drove into it to cross it. LOL!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Mine are very vivid and slightly bizarre...every night. I like the Chantix if only for the dreams!

Huck Finn pond is man-made and in the park at the end of the street we lived on while I was growing up. I have no idea why we drove into it to cross it. LOL!
To get to the other side?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Can't say as I can recall any of my dreams. I'm sure I dream, just don't remember them when I wake up.

I daydream a lot, does that count?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
volas de fraile...
tom mate what a brilliant pun
Old 03-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

In my dream, my Dad and I were sitting in a car facing Huck Finn pond (in Laramie, WY) and a huge crocodile surfaced in front of us, rolling over as he swam past. Dad mentioned how old he looked now (I only remember setting a box turtle free down there, never a crocodile).

Then Dad drove into the pond and we crossed it underwater, making an odd zig-zag on rocks on the other side to get out, but then we went through an opening that led to a back alley (force field type thing holding the water of the pond in) and then things got really weird and are fading.

I love it! Yeah, someone else I know told me to try Chantix if I wanted really weird dreams, but I don't think mine could get any weirder! I have a very vivid imagination!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
To get to the other side?

But, the pond is only 2-3 feet deep all the way across...no need to get your shirt wet. And the car went underwater! I love goofy, bizarre dreams.