The Strangest Dream I have Ever Had

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I just finished posting my blog entry tonight, and it was just too weird not to share. Please share your strangest dreams too!

From my blog:

In my 53 years of life, I have had some crazy dreams. In fact, normal dreams are not the norm for me. Fortunately I love my crazy dreams, as they keep me well entertained. In my dreams I have been stalked by large wild animals, I have been lost, I lost my toddler grandson on a walk, and once I dreamed that I walked into a 7-11, grabbed a frozen pizza, folded it, stuffed it in my purse, and walked out. I don't often dream about people I know, and in fact, I'm not usually myself in my dreams.

I had one dream that I woke up from, crying. When I dream about my mom, who passed away over ten years ago, I wake up feeling happy. Last night's dream however, was without a doubt the strangest dream I have ever had.

I don't remember most of the dream, although it was all strange. The part I do remember is still very vivid to me. In my dream I felt something heavy hanging from my left eye. I could see that there was something hanging, but I couldn't see what it was, so I looked in the mirror. Woven into my eyebrows, and hanging about to my chin was some kind of soft woven nest. I looked inside, through the reflection in the mirror, and inside the nest were two baby voles! I have never seen a vole in my life, other than in pictures many years ago, but I remember in my dream saying that they were voles, and not moles. I had my husband cut the nest out of my eyebrows, and that is when the dream ended.

The strange thing is, I know what caused me to dream this strange dream! I don't know why the nest contained voles rather than moles, but the mind works in crazy ways. To see a vole, you can check Vole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,

Where did the dream come from? I believe it came from the skin tags my husband has on his eyelids. I have a small one as well, but his were large enough to bother him and we have been working on removing them. The doctor told us we could tie a thread around them and they would eventually fall off. We have removed a couple that way. Unfortunately, before they die and fall off, they double in size, but that's another story. :)

The reason I believe the skin tags are behind my dream is that for years before we knew what they were called, James called them "floppy moles." So in my mind, I transformed floppy moles on the eyelid into a nest of voles hanging from my eyebrows.

Well, it is time for bed. I wonder what crazy world I will visit tonight?!

Sweet dreams!!

volas de fraile... :cool:

barbara, your dreams are far stranger than mine so i can't be of help.

if you need help with being chased by bears, or squeezing through tight openings into freedom, or having sword fights with pirates, i'm your man. but voles not so much. :)

Mine are very vivid and slightly bizarre...every night. I like the Chantix if only for the dreams!

In my dream, my Dad and I were sitting in a car facing Huck Finn pond (in Laramie, WY) and a huge crocodile surfaced in front of us, rolling over as he swam past. Dad mentioned how old he looked now (I only remember setting a box turtle free down there, never a crocodile).

Then Dad drove into the pond and we crossed it underwater, making an odd zig-zag on rocks on the other side to get out, but then we went through an opening that led to a back alley (force field type thing holding the water of the pond in) and then things got really weird and are fading.

Huck Finn pond is man-made and in the park at the end of the street we lived on while I was growing up. I have no idea why we drove into it to cross it. LOL!

Mine are very vivid and slightly bizarre...every night. I like the Chantix if only for the dreams!

Huck Finn pond is man-made and in the park at the end of the street we lived on while I was growing up. I have no idea why we drove into it to cross it. LOL!

To get to the other side?:ROFLMAO:

Can't say as I can recall any of my dreams. I'm sure I dream, just don't remember them when I wake up.

I daydream a lot, does that count?

In my dream, my Dad and I were sitting in a car facing Huck Finn pond (in Laramie, WY) and a huge crocodile surfaced in front of us, rolling over as he swam past. Dad mentioned how old he looked now (I only remember setting a box turtle free down there, never a crocodile).

Then Dad drove into the pond and we crossed it underwater, making an odd zig-zag on rocks on the other side to get out, but then we went through an opening that led to a back alley (force field type thing holding the water of the pond in) and then things got really weird and are fading.

I love it! Yeah, someone else I know told me to try Chantix if I wanted really weird dreams, but I don't think mine could get any weirder! I have a very vivid imagination! :cool::wacko:

I have recurring dreams about school. I don't mean culinary school but high school and University. A lot of them revolve around not being able to find my locker and being late for class or trying to decide what to register for.....half way through a semester! They are about me today, married to my DH, but everything else is about when I was actually in school! Have no idea what they mean!

you want crazy dreams, try morphine. was on a drip after surgery once. i had dreams while i was awake. but if ever i wanted to be a druggy, that would be my drug of choice. lol

But, the pond is only 2-3 feet deep all the way across...no need to get your shirt wet.

You must me quite a bit taller than I am. 3 feet deep would wet my shirt, I'm afraid!

I, like LP, have far to many dreams about high school. In my latest I was trying to explain to my classmates why it was ok that I was pregnant with my second child even though I was still in high school, because I'm 25 and married... I only seem to get dream about high school when I'm pregnant though. Most of my strangest dreams have been while I was pregnant, or just after I gave birth to DD.

The strangest dream I remember, however, I cannot blame on hormones. It was last fall. I was in a hospital and we were trying to protect the patients from a masked killer on a rampage outside. It was actually quite scary until he approached the glass doors and I realized he was about half my height, and I'm pretty darn short. I decided I could take him out, so I climbed up onto a conveniently placed metal beam & someone let him in. When he passed under me, I jumped down on top of him. I knocked him to the ground and his mask fell off to reveal his head, which was...

...you guessed it, a fried egg (over hard). Wait, you didn't guess it? Oh well. So I stomped on his yolk-ey face (sorry for the violence, egg-lovers, it had to be done) and saved the day. Then the only problem was cleaning egg-yolk out of my sneaker tread.

I am 5'...I guess maybe the hem of my shirt might get wet.

You kill eggs in your dreams...interesting!

Does eating cheese before you dreamers climb the wooden stairs to bedfordshire stimulate the more lurid dreams?

LP, I think school dreams are very, very common. My husband still, at age 64, dreams about not being prepared or being late to college classes. I dream about not being prepared for my air force electronics classes -- we're talking things that happened well over 40 years ago for both of us! And, in fact, never happened. But we still dream about it. I've heard that losing teeth is a common nightmare (and yes, I have dreamed about it).

Once a friend who isn't a reader saw the stack of books I was checking out from the library (he was there to use the computers, didn't have one at home at the time), and he looked at the titles and told me I must have the most vivid dreams. I just laughed, hadn't really thought about it. But, in fact, I do have very vivid dreams, which is why I pretty much discount any "meaning" to dreams. Passing an Air Force electronics test in 1974? Give me a break, I can't see any meaning to that at all, especially since virtually every one I know has had a similar dream.

LP, I think school dreams are very, very common. My husband still, at age 64, dreams about not being prepared or being late to college classes. I dream about not being prepared for my air force electronics classes -- we're talking things that happened well over 40 years ago for both of us! And, in fact, never happened. But we still dream about it. I've heard that losing teeth is a common nightmare (and yes, I have dreamed about it).

Once a friend who isn't a reader saw the stack of books I was checking out from the library (he was there to use the computers, didn't have one at home at the time), and he looked at the titles and told me I must have the most vivid dreams. I just laughed, hadn't really thought about it. But, in fact, I do have very vivid dreams, which is why I pretty much discount any "meaning" to dreams. Passing an Air Force electronics test in 1974? Give me a break, I can't see any meaning to that at all, especially since virtually every one I know has had a similar dream.

I've had that dream!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom