The Thankfulness Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know CWS, in her clearest moments, she will remember all that you do for her. She may not express it all the time, but you can bet she loves you right back as much as you love her. Without saying it, she is aware of just how much you love her and that everything you do for her is done with love. And for that you definitely deserve the "Best Daughter of the Year" award.

For those who no longer have their mother I know that all of them are looking down and remember all the things their children did for them.
Thanks, Addie. I don't know about getting an award, but I do know I am the Favourite daughter...but then, I am the only daughter, so I better be the favourite:LOL:.

I don't like to talk too much about the things of which I am thankful.

I might jinx it...

But sometimes an event makes you so happy that you just have to share it. It also has a secondary effect. It makes the other person very happy also. Not only for yourself, but for the listener.

But I do understand your point.

Thanks, Addie. I don't know about getting an award, but I do know I am the Favourite daughter...but then, I am the only daughter, so I better be the favourite:LOL:.

I have always told each child that they are my favorite first born son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, etc. Wherever they fit into the picture. Now I am working on the great grandchildren. I have one granddaughter that is in the position of where she fits in is difficult to make her a favorite. So I tell her she is my favorite first granddaughter with blue eyes. And she is my favorite back scratcher.

I cannot believe it's over two months since anyone has shared what they are thankful for. Sad that the Petty Vents thread gets so much traffic...

My sweet kids made >this Mom< smile all day long because of the pretty flowers the FTD man brought yesterday. This photo is from yesterday; they've opened nicely since then, so I'll take a Mom's Day photo to show the difference. For now:

Attachments

• 20170512_170924.jpg
    20170512_170924.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 105
I can't believe that my images are still rotating from the "portrait" photo I take, that appears all over my computer in every file in a portrait format...until DC gets it and decides to tip it on its side. Didn't used to happen, and then...:rolleyes:

Hsppy Mother's Day, ladies.

CG, I will let you know how thankful I am on Thursday this week. Big goings on here. Could be thankful, or you might hear of me on the news...

I am thankful that both my parents are still alive and that I can spend time with them. Although there are times when I want to run away, I'm so thankful for this time.

On this Mother's Day spending hours with each of my kids on the phone makes me thankful that they are my friends as well as my children. Love them to pieces! :wub::heart::heart::wub:

It's been an almost-three weeks visit with the kids, and it's been wonderful. :heart: Well, except for the fact that our son has been hiding in his apartment since last Thursday, in serious pain waiting for a tooth extraction. He had his wisdom tooth out today (well, Tuesday), so we'll force ourselves upon him as we get out of Dodge tomorrow. Just a bit over three months, and we get to do this all over again for the holidays. Whee! :stuart: Just so long as Goober doesn't have to go through another toothache...:ermm:

So nice you had a nice long visit with the kids, and another one is coming up soon, CG! I hope Goober is feeling better very soon, and looking forward to hearing about your trip back home. Safe travels!

I am just so thankful that my mom is here on this earth, alive and able to be with us.

I hear ya, cjm. I'd give just about anything to have one more day with my momma. :heart: You do so much for her and that is wonderful. I took care of my mom for almost 10 years and it's hard sometimes. I've never once heard you complain. :wub:

I hear ya, cjm. I'd give just about anything to have one more day with my momma. :heart: You do so much for her and that is wonderful. I took care of my mom for almost 10 years and it's hard sometimes. I've never once heard you complain. :wub:

Thank you so much, Cheryl. You're right, it is hard sometimes. I don't complain where she can hear me, but I take a walk after the day is over and have my daily talk/vent with the Good Lord. I know as she gets older, things will get harder but I will do the best I can.

Thank you so much, Cheryl. You're right, it is hard sometimes. I don't complain where she can hear me, but I take a walk after the day is over and have my daily talk/vent with the Good Lord. I know as she gets older, things will get harder but I will do the best I can.

cj, I have living with me my son Pirate. At times he is a great help to me. But he has neuropathy worse than mine. He keeps falling and stays where he fell until he can get up on his own. We kind of take care of each other. Some days he can't get out of bed due to the pain in his legs. So I end up waiting on him. And there are days when my heart wants to act up and I walk around so slow that I can't accomplish anything. So he takes care of me. Does all the housework, cooking and anything else I made need. I am just waiting for the day when neither of us are down at the same time. And I am so afraid that if he falls in the kitchen, he will hit his head on the edge of a counter. That has happened once and he was knocked out completely. I almost called for an ambulance for him. But he came to, got up and went to lay down. I kept checking on him all night.

He really tries to be a help to me and not a hinderance. But some days are harder than not. Complaining does not make the situation any better. Something we both know. So we just keep plugging along and keep our mouths shut.

cj, I have living with me my son Pirate. At times he is a great help to me. But he has neuropathy worse than mine. He keeps falling and stays where he fell until he can get up on his own. We kind of take care of each other. Some days he can't get out of bed due to the pain in his legs. So I end up waiting on him. And there are days when my heart wants to act up and I walk around so slow that I can't accomplish anything. So he takes care of me. Does all the housework, cooking and anything else I made need. I am just waiting for the day when neither of us are down at the same time. And I am so afraid that if he falls in the kitchen, he will hit his head on the edge of a counter. That has happened once and he was knocked out completely. I almost called for an ambulance for him. But he came to, got up and went to lay down. I kept checking on him all night.

He really tries to be a help to me and not a hinderance. But some days are harder than not. Complaining does not make the situation any better. Something we both know. So we just keep plugging along and keep our mouths shut.

I know what you're talking about, Addie. I have days where I feel so icky that all I want to do is stay in bed all day. But, I get up and do what I can when I can. Luckily, so far I don't have any neuropathy. My main problem is backaches from where I had spinals for 2 c-sections. My BS levels have been getting a bit higher lately but I was started on a new BP medicine at the same time that they started going up. I tried to get the PCP to look at the readings after a week, but she wants to wait until the end of the month until she does it. :mad:

I know what you're talking about, Addie. I have days where I feel so icky that all I want to do is stay in bed all day. But, I get up and do what I can when I can. Luckily, so far I don't have any neuropathy. My main problem is backaches from where I had spinals for 2 c-sections. My BS levels have been getting a bit higher lately but I was started on a new BP medicine at the same time that they started going up. I tried to get the PCP to look at the readings after a week, but she wants to wait until the end of the month until she does it. :mad:

I can understand her wanting to wait. Your A1c is based on a thirty day cycle. I have to be the worst diabetic patient any doctor ever had. The only time I think to check my sugar level, is if I see a commercial on TV or like you just mentioning it. I stopped typing and took a reading for today. My care team is just happy that I do it at all.

I keep track of all my readings on my computer. They get the printout once a month. I have a column for comments. I used to type in that column, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know the routine." They have stopped bugging me. As long as my A1c stays in the 6.9 or lower range, they are happy with me.

My reading just now was 169. That is rather high for me. But I just had a very large cup of hot tea with sugar. If I take it in an hour, it will have gone way down.

That's like my blood pressure. The only time the doctor is on time is when they're checking my blood pressure. I never get a minute to sit down (after rushing to get there) to let it go down any. If I get there early, they're early. It's starting to get to the point where as soon as I see a blood pressure cuff, my blood pressure goes up automatically.

Yeah, I know I should post something I'm grateful for. Give me a minute, I'm thinking...

Back
Top Bottom