"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 PM   #121
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I thank the lord that I have never had to have any surgery, other than having my wisdom teeth yanked back when I was in college. My current doctor can't believe it. Apparently most folks my age have had something operated on.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:45 PM   #122
Master Chef

Good thing to be thankful for, Dawg. Besides my wisdom teeth, the only "extraction" I needed was when our two kids were being born...two months early...both breech. All those situations lead to a C-section. Otherwise, knock on wood, I've been pretty healthy, too. I'm starting to think, though, that once I hit 65 later on this year, it could all be downhill. Fast.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:25 AM   #123
Proud American

I am thankful for my life. I'm so very thankful for the mother who found me and my loving family.

I'm thankful for Carl and Anna.

I cannot think of anything I am not thankful for but yet of my Uncle Nicu passing away. His passing has been to be so grievous and so very difficult because he was of so loved by so many people.

Still I think as he loved me, I love him and I shall strive to be of his niece who he loved and to continue to live to his expectations.

Our hosts's home is quiet, and Mamma is asleep very well. I'm thankful for my friends so very very much.

Perhaps I am thankful for so much, yes?
Old 02-01-2016, 12:39 PM   #124
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I thank the lord that I have never had to have any surgery, other than having my wisdom teeth yanked back when I was in college. My current doctor can't believe it. Apparently most folks my age have had something operated on.
Dawg, I think the only part of my body that is scar free are my feet. I have a massive skin graft on the front of one leg and a scar from a pig bite on the other. And those are the two minor surgeries I have had. I lost count many years ago. And now I am facing having my gall bladder removed. I still have all four of my wisdom teeth. They were way up in my jaw near my ears. But since I had to have all my teeth removed, they have had room to go on the march. I figure next year they will have to come out. They aren't bothering me right now. But who knows.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #125
Head Chef

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Dawg, I think the only part of my body that is scar free are my feet. I have a massive skin graft on the front of one leg and a scar from a pig bite on the other. And those are the two minor surgeries I have had. I lost count many years ago. And now I am facing having my gall bladder removed. I still have all four of my wisdom teeth. They were way up in my jaw near my ears. But since I had to have all my teeth removed, they have had room to go on the march. I figure next year they will have to come out. They aren't bothering me right now. But who knows.
That all sounds horrendous Addie but, since this is a positive thread, do you have something that you are thankful for?
Old 02-01-2016, 01:19 PM   #126
Head Chef

Today I am thankful for being pain free whilst walking, enabling me to get more done/venture further afield.

(I am prone to getting random/sudden hip twinges which stop me in my tracks and I have to wait until it subsides. This means that I cannot rely on the time it takes me to get anywhere. I have been given exercises for this condition which help a bit).
Old 02-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #127
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
That all sounds horrendous Addie but, since this is a positive thread, do you have something that you are thankful for?
My son Poo and I had a long talk one time about all the surgeries I have had. He was there when I had the open heart watching it and was concerned because it turned into a complicated surgery. I told him that I never worry about any surgery I am facing. I always go into the OR with a positive attitude. I know it is going to be all right. And I always come out just fine. In fact when I had my eye surgery, I came to and started singing Christmas carols. Before they wheeled me out I had everyone in there singing with me in harmony. My next surgery is going to be for my gall bladder. No problem.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:33 AM   #128
Master Chef

I am so thankful we have a warm house tonight. It might have a few drafty places, but on a night like this (5 below and dropping fast) it's a snug haven from the elements.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:47 AM   #129
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Yeah. For surviving all the surgeries including open heart. I now have five stents in there. And next week I have to have two of my four wisdom teeth removed. As long as they give me plenty of Novacain, I am not worried. Then I have to get a new plate made. This is going to be a busy winter and spring for me. And I never forget to be thankful for my kids. They really look after me.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:36 AM   #130
Head Chef

My mother recently had her 95th birthday. I am thankful that she is still with us, although now bedridden and in a good care home that we visit daily.