"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thankful for Shrek...no matter how much I complain about him.
That's obvious. A love match if ever there was one. And it makes us happy to see it always blooming. Keep it going!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac

Thankful for Bakechef's sharing. You have some pretty great people in your life!

I'm thankful for TB. While I was out with my sister, he emptied the dishwasher AND refilled it (he often forgets that part ), fed Violet (a chore in itself sometimes), filled the dog food pail and paid for lunch out for the three of us so I could have some extra grocery money!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh my. There is so much. Just to be alive after emergency open heart surgery and all the other problems I have had with my heart since.

Thankful that I have medical care that meets my every medical need and want without questions and judgment. They see problems long before I do and take care of them. And I finally learned to stop being "noncompliant."

Thankful for being a die hard born and bred Bostonian and part of America's tradition. When I see our flag flying with all its glory, I fill up with pride. I never fail to salute it with my hand over my heart when it passes me by in a parade. And I shame others standing near me into doing the same. Specially children.

Thankful for having children who have turned out all right. They are the kind of kids who fulfill the dream of every parent. That they will do better in life than their parents. And mine have. They all look after me as if I was their newborn infant. Yet they respect me as their mother and still call for my advice. I am still needed. I am not a burden on them yet.

Thankful that in my old age, my government has seen to it that I haven't fallen through the cracks. I have very affordable housing that comes with heat, AC, all utilities and live in a building with all the amenities. This is the reason I and every other American worker has paid their taxes faithfully over the years. And I thank you for that.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

I am so thankful to have such a devoted and loving husband, a loving, wonderful mum, a lovely home of our own and that all 3 of us are in good health
Old 07-09-2013, 03:01 AM   #15
Master Chef

I'm thankful that Himself doesn't mind grilling in the rain. Or with mosquitoes trying to take a nibble. Tonight he had both bases covered: bug spray and an umbrella. Thanks Honey.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
Master Chef

I am so grateful that all the storms that were around us left us alone. Tornado warnings to the north of us and the west of us. Tornado touched down southwest of us in CT. By the time everything got to us we had hard rain for about five minutes. Dodged another weather bullet.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
Certified Cake Maniac

CG, I am thankful the tornadoes didn't hit you as well. You know, we live in an area where everyone complains if it rains for days on end, it does (or doesn't) snow, and that it is too hot. Sure, we have had a few minor tremors, and several forest fires in various areas, but that is the extent of it and they are few between.

Considering what much of the U.S. deals with and lately Calgary and Toronto here in Canada, we live in Paradise and should appreciate it as such. I am thankful for the mountains, ocean, valley and parks that surround me where I live.

I am also thankful that my wonderful TB got a decent shift-pick today. His run is similar to what he is driving now except instead of picking the same people from dialysis, he will be taking them there - 1 to 9 Monday to Friday. He has this shift until mid September and then is in danger of lay-off once again. But we are more prepared for it now.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #18
Master Chef

LP, there are times I think people enjoy complaining about what is wrong, or waste time wishing things were better/different. They miss out on appreciating how much good there is in their lives. Even if you live to 100, life is too short to spend any time wrapped in negativity. Every once in awhile a pout is fine, but to live like that all day long? They miss out on so much life.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
Honey Badger

Thankful I have a great FP. He wrote me out an antibiotic prescription not long ago as a just in case I'm not here and it's an emergency type of thing.

I only filled it to make him happy. Woke up in absolute misery yesterday. Same thing same symptoms.Fever chills, pain other stuff. Felt it coming on a few days before. Have been in bed and going back to it after I post this one. I'm still exhausted. Guess who wasn't home? HIM! Figures it would hit on a Saturday.WHOOO, dodged that one.

Finally a Dr who thinks ahead. I'm going to give him a BIG bear hug when I see him next week!
Old 07-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #20
Master Chef

Sorry that you're feeling sick Munky. Good thing you had those meds. Better living through chemistry. Hope you feel fine really soon.