The Thankfulness Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not as cool as yours are.:LOL: I wandered out without my coat this morning and scraped the frozen fog off my car. It's 41 F right now, almost swimsuit weather.

We get those temps once in a while...see people wearing shorts in the shopping centers. Right now it is pretty cold...20 degrees. To stay on topic, I am thankful that our car is kept in a heated garage and I rarely have far to walk to get into a store. Sometimes DH actually does a pick-up and drop-off, which is nice, too.

I am thankful that we all like different kinds of weather. It would get really crowded if we all moved to the same state!

After spending the last two afternoons with our 14 mo old grand daughter recovering from crossed eye surgery I'm more thankful than you'll ever know.
She is seeing for the first time like we all see. Not double sight but normal...I wonder what she's thinking? It must be a brand new world to her. OMG, just imagine! I'm overcome with emotion and thankfulness...
Sigh..

Kayelle, that is wonderful news about Cheyenne and her surgery. :heart: I'm so glad things worked out so well for your family.

Your new kitchen sounds pretty exciting, too. I'm jealous, but in a good way. I hope you get the chance to post a few snapshots here at DC so we can all drool. Have fun in your new culinary clubhouse.

Kay, all my life I have had a lazy eye. Another word for crossed eye. But it was only one eye. The first pair of glasses I got was in the first grade. My mother brought them to me while I was in school. The teacher made sure that I kept them on. At that time kids went home for lunch. So the day I got them was also trash day. On the way home for lunch, I tossed them into a trash can that I was passing. Only because kids had started to call me all the standard names. So I have a smile on my face and am grateful that Cheyenne will never know what that is like.

That little precious girl has a bright future ahead. :angel:

After spending the last two afternoons with our 14 mo old grand daughter recovering from crossed eye surgery I'm more thankful than you'll ever know.
She is seeing for the first time like we all see. Not double sight but normal...I wonder what she's thinking? It must be a brand new world to her. OMG, just imagine! I'm overcome with emotion and thankfulness...
Sigh..

Aww, that made me smile. :) I can imagine how relieved you all are - don't you wish she could put into words how different her world is now?

Looking forward to seeing a pic of your new cabinets!

I often complain about cleaning my house. I've since corrected myself and replaced the complaining with thankfulness:

Some people don't have a home to clean. I'm thankful to have a home to clean; some people live on the streets or in their cars. I should quit griping and get on it.

I complain about the litterboxes and vet bills. That is what comes with having 8 cats and a dog.

I'm thankful I can afford to have these precious pets and I'm very grateful for our wonderful vets. And I always joke when I clean the litterboxes: "The next batch of cats are gonna learn to use the toilet!" LOL!

As a retail manager, I often get surly, nasty customers. This may be reverse thankfulness. I have often been accused of having an "attitude" when I have to carefully, politely explain to them I can't do a refund on something like a used pregnancy test, a very used grill they bought seven months ago, or a TV that looks like someone kicked it in.

Although I never say this, I often think, "You should be very thankful I only have an attitude, because right now I wish I had a trapdoor and a button."

Hi CCL, good to see you again. :) My daughter used to work retail, she could probably identify with the trap door thing. :LOL:

Do you ever hear from Cat anymore? Hope she and her family are well.

I am so thankful the barred owls are back in our neighborhood! Nothing like sitting in the nighttime quiet when all of a sudden, through the closed windows no less, you hear this coming from the wooded area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtRPYpklhiA

I could lean out the window all night listening. Too bad they doing their mating call when it's colder weather.

I am so thankful the barred owls are back in our neighborhood! Nothing like sitting in the nighttime quiet when all of a sudden, through the closed windows no less, you hear this coming from the wooded area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtRPYpklhiA

I could lean out the window all night listening. Too bad they doing their mating call when it's colder weather.

CG, when I was a little girl on the farm, every night there was a Whip a Will that sang all night long outside my window. Your post sent me on a search. Thank you for reviving a childhood memory. The sound I fell asleep to every night.

Whip-poor-will Song and gur-gur calls | The Miracle of Nature

:angel:

Last edited:
Today I am grateful for finding a solution to my legs becoming easily stiff, with aches and pains after some slight exertion. I purchased an electric massager (has a reflexology attachment and also an infra red one for pain). It freed up the stiffness instantly and I feel like Lazarus!
icon_cheers.png

Today I am grateful that my mother has overcome a significant hurdle/imminent crisis. We were told that she may not make it past this weekend....that may well still be the case but she has perked up a lot and that is a blessing.

Today I am grateful that my mother has overcome a significant hurdle/imminent crisis. We were told that she may not make it past this weekend....that may well still be the case but she has perked up a lot and that is a blessing.

That is not just good news, that is great news. So glad to hear it. :angel:

After a year of living in two cities due to jobs, my husband has returned home! No more weekend hubby. We are back together! He starts a new job April 20th.

You have to be a special kind of woman to be the wife of a man who is away from home more than he is with you. It takes a lot of patience and love. Glad to hear the two of are back together again. Good luck to your new found joy! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom