The Thankfulness Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so thankful for Kay. She has a lot going on with trying to get her kids back and she is spending the evening looking after me as I have had a quite severe pain flare. She is like the daughter I never had and we seem to be there for each other. I couldn't ask for anyone better.

I am thankful for (something some may take for granted, but I don't) ........still being alive!
icon_cheers.png

(I had 3 close encounters with death in my early 20s - various accidents - which left me with a profound wake up call re. our mortality. Some 4 decades on I am still so grateful to still be here).

Last edited:
I put this in my journal....I'm truly thankful! This happened a week ago:

I woke up this morning with another one of those dang headaches. It wasn't a migraine, just a nasty headache...bad enough to make me miserable. I had the 2pm - 11pm shift at work on a Saturday. Bleah!! That's a tough one.

Then I go out to the kitchen, and hubby left a couple dishes on the counter. Grrrrrr! I rinse those off and put them in the dishwasher, fuming.

I get in the shower (I leave the door open) and I step out right on a hairball one of the cats left me during my shower. Grrrrrrrr!! They do this on purpose, don't they?

I clean that up, put the rug in the washer and replace the rug with another one.

I get ready for work, go to the car, and I'm frustrated because my radio is possessed and I have to change stations manually. Aaaarrrrgh!

I go down the highway, there's an accident. Danggit! Now I'm going to be late! GRRRR!!

I pass the accident. It's bad; two cars flipped over and there's that yellow cover over someone who must have been thrown. The yellow cover means they've passed.

Oh noooo, I say a prayer...then it hits me.

Shut up. Quit complaining - that person lying there is gone. You think you have it bad? The family and friends of that person under the cover don't know he or she is gone yet. You're here. Your family won't get horrible news today. I started to get tears.

I'm thankful for the headache. It means I'm alive.

I'm thankful for the dirty dishes on the counter. It means we have food.

I'm thankful for the hairball. That means we have eight cats who have a good home and good vet care.

I'm thankful for the washer. I don't have to use a laundromat.

I'm thankful for my car. She's old but reliable; those two cars are demolished. The radio doesn't matter.

I'm thankful for my job; if that person under the cover and those involved and hurt in this accident have jobs, they won't be going there today.

I'm thankful for everything today. Maybe if I hadn't been set back timewise by the dishes, the hairball and changing the radio station in my driveway...I could have been in that accident.

I could be that poor person under the cover.

I'm thankful for this lesson today but I'm very sad for those who were in the accident. Sometimes I don't know how blessed I am, and I need to remember that.

Our E. R. Adventure

I am so thankful we have a quality hospital with caring medical personnel less than 10 miles from home. :flowers: Himself woke up today with serious pain that was presenting the same symptoms as when had back problems nearly 15 years ago, and again around 10 years ago. It took him nearly all afternoon to get dressed and down the steps to the car so that I could drive him to the ER. A lot of poking and prodding later, along with a cat scan (no felines were harmed during the scan) and evaluation, and a GENEROUS dose of meds, he was sent on his way. I had already talked with the staff in our PCP's office twice today, so they will be greeted in the morning with details of what went on at the hospital this evening/night. My guess is our doctor will look at the scans and order up a MRI. Probably give us a referral to a neurosurgeon, although Himself does have one he saw before that accepts our medical insurance.

I am getting a bit annoyed with how often Himself has broken since we've been married. I spend way too much time sitting and waiting with him in doctors offices and hospitals. The only time he had to minister to me was when I had the babies...and even then he was partly responsible for getting me in that situation. :LOL:

I am so thankful we have a quality hospital with caring medical personnel less than 10 miles from home. :flowers: Himself woke up today with serious pain that was presenting the same symptoms as when had back problems nearly 15 years ago, and again around 10 years ago. It took him nearly all afternoon to get dressed and down the steps to the car so that I could drive him to the ER. A lot of poking and prodding later, along with a cat scan (no felines were harmed during the scan) and evaluation, and a GENEROUS dose of meds, he was sent on his way. I had already talked with the staff in our PCP's office twice today, so they will be greeted in the morning with details of what went on at the hospital this evening/night. My guess is our doctor will look at the scans and order up a MRI. Probably give us a referral to a neurosurgeon, although Himself does have one he saw before that accepts our medical insurance.

I am getting a bit annoyed with how often Himself has broken since we've been married. I spend way too much time sitting and waiting with him in doctors offices and hospitals. The only time he had to minister to me was when I had the babies...and even then he was partly responsible for getting me in that situation. :LOL:

We do have some fantastic medical facilities here in Massachusetts.

I do hope himself is not seriously ill and will be the cause of your not returning home to Ohio. I know the feeling of wanting to go back home. I moved out of Massachusetts five times and just had to get back home. The last time was for good. :flowers: Give him my best wishes for a speedy and painless recovery. :angel:

I'm sorry to hear that Himself isn't feeling well. I'm sorry you both had to go through that. Here's hoping for a quick diagnosis and treatment.

DH's time spent dealing with my medical issues far exceeds mine, for sure. For better or for worse, though! We don't know what will happen after we take those vows :LOL:

Did they do Lab tests??? Hopefully they took as great of care not to harm any canines as they were felines.

Glad Himself is doing better if not great.

Sure hope Himself passes the Lab test and Cat scan, CG, and gets to feeling better soon!

LOL Princess! :LOL:

CG, sure hope Himself is feeling much better very soon. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Today I am thankful for the site meetup.com which allows like minded people to meet others with similar interests for local events. Great stuff! ;)

Thanks for all of the well-wishes everyone! We're probably looking at kissing our FL vacation goodbye, since three weeks from now we should be in the Carolinas. :( Just so long as he's good to go to OH for Christmas it will be all good.

I'm sorry to hear that Himself isn't feeling well....
CG, sorry DH is hurting. I hope the pain passes quickly.
...Glad Himself is doing better if not great.
...CG, sure hope Himself is feeling much better very soon. Sending thoughts and prayers.
Pain is being managed sufficiently, for now. As Himself said, "better living through chemistry". :LOL:

Sure hope Himself passes the Lab test and Cat scan, CG, and gets to feeling better soon!

43a3f67fd4de1b40913caec5d3420cc1.jpg

That will be $600.
Cute. BTW PF, the check in in the mail. Yeah, that's it. :cool:

We do have some fantastic medical facilities here in Massachusetts.

I do hope himself is not seriously ill and will be the cause of your not returning home to Ohio....
Addie, he's not "ill", he's broken. ;) The doctor ordered enough meds to keep him functional, but not so much as to make him :wacko:. In the last 15 years he had back surgery once (2001) and went through successful therapy to take care of it a second time (2005). He'll be fine again.

BTW, there are wonderful medical facilities in lots of states. There are many, among them Duke, Mayo Clinic, and Cleveland Clinic. Cleveland Clinic usually places in the top three best in the country in nearly every discipline in U.S. News & World Report's ratings year after year. We'll be in good medical hands when we move home, too.

Squeee! I have a small Mad Bluebird tray in the bathroom. It's where I'll set down a piece of jewelry and then forget where I put it...:ermm:

I just picked up our order of bird seeds "today" (Wednesday). The local bird store gives a discount of around 15% for a couple weeks in the autumn. I'm afraid our 80# of mixed seed and 75# of black oil sunflower seed will be gone before the snow flies. We went through the 5# bag of mixed I bought a week ago to tide us over until the order came in. I swear we have Pigs with Wings in our neighborhood. Not even mentioning the squirrels who eat 10x their weight every day. :glare:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom