The Thankfulness Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We have our Complaints Departments in the "Venting" and "Petty Vents" threads. Heck, sometimes we even gripe in the "What are you doing?" thread. Well, pacanis got me thinking the other day when he thanked chopper for posting about enjoying the sounds of a gentle rain in that thread. We crab a lot (after all, we're human :LOL:) but we don't have somewhere to go when we have Happy Feet! We post happy stuff all over, but I thought it would be nice to have a gathering spot for good thoughts. Plus, if you're having a bad day, it might make you a little happier if you see what there is to be thankful about. :flowers:

I'll start:

It's 72 degrees outside at Way-Too-Late-o'Clock, but I'm thankful we have air conditioning. It's what has made this hot summer bearable. Thank you so much Willis Carrier!

I'm thankful that on this summer holiday it is warm, not too hot, and that we can enjoy being outdoors. Good weather. good food and good friends will make for a good afternoon picnic.

I am thankful that my father's estate is finally coming to an end and meeting at the bank today allows me to spend time with my sister. If she feels up to it we will be going for lunch after.

I am also thankful that my sciatica is at a manageable level so I can drive the short distance there.

Thankful that I've finished up with my end of all the major projects Re: the house. Now it's up to everyone else to take it over and complete. My neighbors are going to be shocked. They will eventually come around to my way of thinking. They balk every time I change something. Next thing I see they're doing it to. :huh:

Now I can sit back and enjoy my new hobby. Love that I can take it anywhere I go. Make and design my own styles and patterns. Little did I know such a simple thing would immediately reduce my stress levels.

What new hobby Munky? I must have missed something.

You didn't miss anything. I've kept it quiet.
It started out as a simple idea. Something that wouldn't run me all over the place. Not knowing how or having someone around to teach me what I wanted to learn. I've taken up teaching myself how to knit, crochet. With all the hooks and needles. You name the looms I've got them to.

It's been a lot of fun working with a sock loom. The afghan I'm looming is almost completed.

That's it in a nut shell. Exciting huh? :LOL:

Chef Munky, loom weaving is very therapeutic! A dear friend of mine was going through an ugly end of marriage and divorce. Her loom and weaving is the only thing (besides her two sons) that kept her sane and out of jail. :) Enjoy your new hobby!

Chef Munky, loom weaving is very therapeutic! A dear friend of mine was going through an ugly end of marriage and divorce. Her loom and weaving is the only thing (besides her two sons) that kept her sane and out of jail. :) Enjoy your new hobby!

Those looms are addicting. Every time I think ok last row then bed. It ends up being one more, then another... The collection of yarns I've bought could open a yarn store. It's been very therapeutic for me as well. It helps me to unwind not think about work that needs to be done.

Some say Looms are not the true craft of knitting or crocheting. I beg to differ. You can achieve the same results from a loom that you could with needles. It's up to one's own creativity to accomplish a pattern. I don't have the dexterity using the long needles. Working on that. I'm clumsy with them. People who suffer with arthritis would say looming is easier on them to.

We all win. Everybody's happy. Who doesn't love a nice warm hand knitted scarf?

Thankful for all of the people who care about me, finding that person that makes every day a little better. Thankful for the family that is pulling together to throw us a wedding, right down to hand made wedding invitations (so much nicer than we could ever afford, she is so talented!).

Thankful for a comfortable home and jobs to pay for it!

Thankful for Bakechef's sharing. You have some pretty great people in your life!

I'm thankful for TB. While I was out with my sister, he emptied the dishwasher AND refilled it (he often forgets that part ;)), fed Violet (a chore in itself sometimes), filled the dog food pail and paid for lunch out for the three of us so I could have some extra grocery money! :wub:

Oh my. There is so much. Just to be alive after emergency open heart surgery and all the other problems I have had with my heart since.

Thankful that I have medical care that meets my every medical need and want without questions and judgment. They see problems long before I do and take care of them. And I finally learned to stop being "noncompliant."

Thankful for being a die hard born and bred Bostonian and part of America's tradition. When I see our flag flying with all its glory, I fill up with pride. I never fail to salute it with my hand over my heart when it passes me by in a parade. And I shame others standing near me into doing the same. Specially children.

Thankful for having children who have turned out all right. They are the kind of kids who fulfill the dream of every parent. That they will do better in life than their parents. And mine have. They all look after me as if I was their newborn infant. Yet they respect me as their mother and still call for my advice. I am still needed. I am not a burden on them yet.

Thankful that in my old age, my government has seen to it that I haven't fallen through the cracks. I have very affordable housing that comes with heat, AC, all utilities and live in a building with all the amenities. This is the reason I and every other American worker has paid their taxes faithfully over the years. And I thank you for that. :angel:

I am so thankful to have such a devoted and loving husband, a loving, wonderful mum, a lovely home of our own and that all 3 of us are in good health :)

I'm thankful that Himself doesn't mind grilling in the rain. Or with mosquitoes trying to take a nibble. Tonight he had both bases covered: bug spray and an umbrella. :) Thanks Honey. ;)

I am so grateful that all the storms that were around us left us alone. Tornado warnings to the north of us and the west of us. Tornado touched down southwest of us in CT. By the time everything got to us we had hard rain for about five minutes. Dodged another weather bullet. :)

CG, I am thankful the tornadoes didn't hit you as well. You know, we live in an area where everyone complains if it rains for days on end, it does (or doesn't) snow, and that it is too hot. Sure, we have had a few minor tremors, and several forest fires in various areas, but that is the extent of it and they are few between.

Considering what much of the U.S. deals with and lately Calgary and Toronto here in Canada, we live in Paradise and should appreciate it as such. I am thankful for the mountains, ocean, valley and parks that surround me where I live.

I am also thankful that my wonderful TB got a decent shift-pick today. His run is similar to what he is driving now except instead of picking the same people from dialysis, he will be taking them there - 1 to 9 Monday to Friday. He has this shift until mid September and then is in danger of lay-off once again. But we are more prepared for it now.

LP, there are times I think people enjoy complaining about what is wrong, or waste time wishing things were better/different. They miss out on appreciating how much good there is in their lives. Even if you live to 100, life is too short to spend any time wrapped in negativity. Every once in awhile a pout is fine, but to live like that all day long? They miss out on so much life.

Thankful I have a great FP. He wrote me out an antibiotic prescription not long ago as a just in case I'm not here and it's an emergency type of thing.

I only filled it to make him happy. Woke up in absolute misery yesterday. Same thing same symptoms.Fever chills, pain other stuff. Felt it coming on a few days before. Have been in bed and going back to it after I post this one. I'm still exhausted. Guess who wasn't home? HIM!:LOL: Figures it would hit on a Saturday.WHOOO, dodged that one.

Finally a Dr who thinks ahead. I'm going to give him a BIG bear hug when I see him next week!

Back
Top Bottom