"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

I read a little of what was going on here. I'm sure everything is for the better. And that's why you feel lifted and not hurting right now.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
So Sorry Stacy, all you can do is pray and love him - as you are. Prayers and support have been sent for your son and yourself.
Take care hon, your not alone.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Yep! 22 years old. 10 feet tall! Bullet proof, invincible, and invisible!! Oh, and a whole lot smarter than mom or dad! That's a familiar profile for a lot of young "men"(?) Somewhere out there he will run into a few brick walls, that maybe will make him grow up. When he does. Welcome him home with open arms, and lots of love. In the mean time....it hurts! It hurts bad, but keep the faith.. as you are never alone......

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Miss Stacey}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCottrell View Post
]
I'm crying for you but a man's tears often turn quickly to anger and inability to deal with it, to our own destruction.
And this is exactly the way my husband feels right now. He doesn't even want to see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I read a little of what was going on here. I'm sure everything is for the better. And that's why you feel lifted and not hurting right now.
I think the same.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #15
Master Chef

Thank you Barb L. Prayers always help.

Uncle Bob, you said it!! He has been saying things about us to his friends. You know, bad parents, we don't do anything for him, so on and etc...
But, I know better and one day, I know he will, at least I hope so.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Awww Stacy, I can't tell you how sorry I am. Of course you are doing the right thing and you know that. It's the wake-up call your son needs. Now all you can do is wait for him to hear it.

After you've cried all the tears you have left, maybe these thoughts will give you some comfort. Your son has been blessed to have been raised in a home where there is love and caring and guidance in the right path. He knows the choices he is making right now are not the right ones. So when he decides to change, he will know which direction to look to.

Remember that where there is life, there is hope. Always have hope for him.

And in a while, try to forgive the way he has treated you. Really forgive. Not for him but for you. Because as long as this hurts you, you will be torturing yourself with it. How could he do that? Why would he do that? What did we do wrong? Those questions have no answers and won't help you now. Instead, seek to use this distance from him to visualize your son becoming the man he is meant to be. Everyday, choose to release the hurt so that you may send all of your energies to his higher self.

And remember that your friends are beside you and we love you.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I'm sorry......
I wish I could say more, wish I could make it all better but, I just don't know how.
Be strong and know that you did what you had to do.

smiles, Trish
Old 03-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #18
Master Chef

Stacy, life can be so hard sometimes and I'm so sorry that you are hurting. May you be comforted by the loving and caring thoughts of all of us here at DC.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #19
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Oh my goodness, tears for you... it is something a mother always fears. Most Mom's I know, including my own, go through it, but no one can feel the pain you are actually feeling until it happens. But ties do mend, as they grow up. Your son sounds a lot like my brother, and it took my brother quite a while to grow up, but he is now, and he apologizes to my mother everytime he can. He's young. I recall being wayward, even when I was 25, I didn't always make the right decisions. Still now at the age of 31, I find I don't. But believe it or not, the values you have taught him are with him, he's just taking the easy road. My heart goes out to you and you will be in my prayers, as always.

with love,
Shannon

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
Executive Chef

I'm sorry you feel so bad but right know he needs TOUGH LOVE. He's just mad he isn't getting his way and soon he will realize it's time to grow up and be responsible for himself. I'm sure he knows he's hurting you and that is why he's doing it so do not let him see you upset. So try to feel better yourself, do something nice for you and DH and carry on.