The Time Change - Daylight Saving Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
The time change starts NEXT WEEKEND - March 8th. WOO HOO!

:w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2:

I absolutely hate winter and the time change really helps my seasonal affective disorder. I am too excited!!

Whoa! I has no idea it was so soon! I love DST, too. The light evenings are so wonderful. But then, I'm an early exerciser and I get up at 4:30. My body is going to be telling me "IT'S 3:30 A.M. ARE YOU NUTS?!" The older I get, the longer it takes me to adapt to the Spring ahead thing. Then when we go off DST, I'm nodding off on the couch at 7 p.m. I'm a mess...

I absolutely hate winter and the time change really helps my seasonal affective disorder. I am too excited!!
Toots ~ don't scare me like that. It's two weekends away. I thought I had forgotten to pay my rent, missed two court dates, and missed paying my insurance. Next weekend is the 1st. Dang ~ total heart attack. :LOL::LOL:

Oh great, now the dogs will want to go for a walk after supper because it will light out....and they will STILL want their walk after lunch because they are used to it. :ermm: Maybe I can put sunglasses on them and they won't notice? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It will be nice to have it be lighter when I get up in the morning. And I hate coming home from work and having it be dark already. The nights seem so long when it gets dark early. Just think 27 days until Spring!!
It's funny, here in North Carolina it's light at 6 am already and stays light until 6 pm. I remember California though, it was a shock when I got here that daylight was so different.

If I were God I would slow down the Earth's rotation so each day will be 30 hours long and change its spin angle from 23 degrees to 0 degrees so we can have 15 hours of daylight and 15 hours of darkness throughout the year, no variation, no matter what latitude you're on which will result in having no seasons as well. Your year-round "mono-season" will depend on your latitude.

Being that we are at 53 degrees North I don't think I like your idea there roadfix. I'd have to move.

Ahh - Toots - don't scare people like that - lol!! Daylight Savings Time does NOT start next weekend (which is the weekend of Feb. 28th/March 1st). In starts in two weeks - i.e. the weekend after (March 7th/8th). Let's not speed life along anymore than is necessary please.;)

Actually, that's not true. With that logic, people who live near the equator should weigh a heck of a lot less than those who live near the arctic circle. :D
I think that explains nicely why I weigh more in Mexico or Costa Rica than I do at home. I don't think it has anything to do with the buffets...

Sorry - did not mean to give anyone a heart attack. I was not fully awake when I posted the info - I read March 8th but my brain said "hey, thats next weekend!" Should not start threads before I've had two cups of tea.....

But still its TWO WEEKS away - I can't wait! Yeah, I hate getting up and walking the dogs in total darkness and it takes my body awhile to adjust, but I love the nice long sunny evenings!

I think that explains nicely why I weigh more in Mexico or Costa Rica than I do at home. I don't think it has anything to do with the buffets...
Actually, equatorial buffets are heavy. That could be part of the reason, although a lot of scientists & nutritionists dismiss buffets all together.

i wish it was next week. i can hardly wait. that same week will plant my container garden. have to wait til payday on the third. they better be good, it costs a lot to get started. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom