The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
licia said:
Of course, Kathy will. She is doing all the work - came up with the idea, etc. Maybe we could come up with another idea also that would give us all something tangible from our experience at DC. My thinking hat isn't working this morning, but perhaps someone else's will be better.

wow! cool! (ps - the "Kath is from my middle name - the J is from my first.)

Remember what home chef suggested? I like this idea!
home chef said:
Something else that could be done is to include a recipe on a recipe card. That recipe card would go to the new apron wearer as a memento of the apron.

Last edited:
Alix said:
Be warned whoever is after me that Canada Post is notorious for taking a looooong time to deliver things. Did I mention a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time?

Hey, it's not easy lugging all those packages on a dog sled.

licia said:
Of course, Kathy will. She is doing all the work - came up with the idea, etc. Maybe we could come up with another idea also that would give us all something tangible from our experience at DC. My thinking hat isn't working this morning, but perhaps someone else's will be better.

Oh, gosh! I was just joking. I know it will go back to Kathy. I don't need anything tangible. I was just kidding around.

The real reason I don't want to sign up is because I tend to procrastinate real badly - especially when it comes to going to the Post Office.

that is such a cute idea, jkath! i missed this thread. let me know when it's on its way to pittsburgh!

GO STEELERS!

Okay, kiddos! It is officially in the works now - I'm going out apron-hunting this afternoon! Buckytom, pm me with your address.

I'll let you guys know when the apron begins it's mighty journey!

jkath said:
Remember what home chef suggested? I like this idea!

Home chef said:
Something else that could be done is to include a recipe on a recipe card. That recipe card would go to the new apron wearer as a memento of the apron.

Exactly,

The person in possesion of the apron will make a dish. The recipe for that dish (or a different recipe) would then be places in the package with the apron and sent to the next person in line. The next person gets to keep that recipe. Them when that person cooks, he/she places that recipe and apron in the box to send to the next person who gets to keep that recipe and so on and so forth.

This will give each recipient of the traveling apron something tangible to cherish.

Last edited:
Alright, aproneers, here is the official list - 19 members!:mrgreen:
For obvious reasons, I put married members on at the same time:) :)

1. jkath
2. buckytom
3. pdswife
4. Barbara L & 5. Maidrite
6. licia
7. GB
8. Alix & 9. Ken
10. PA Baker
11. Home chef
12. ronjohn55
13. BigDog
14. kimbaby
15. phinz
16. SierraCook
17. Corinne
18. texasgirl
19. luvs food

For those of you who aren't yet on the list, simply post your desire to join in our fun and you'll be included, in posting order.

Jkath, I think this is a wonderful idea!
You should really get a few bonus karma points for the idea
and the work you're putting in to it. Thanks again!

hugs, Trish

If anyone needs a place to put the photos - just let me know, I've got webspce that I can put them on. It's part of our internet access, so I might as well use it...

John

yeah, me as well...very very cool!

hey, for those of us who are extremely sloppy...should a washing before sending it be a part of the deal:)

I'm toooo messy to wear it for cooking... lol. I'll wear it around the house for a day and think of all of you.

First Stop...California! Next stop....New Jersey!

img_220899_0_772554c77938b985cb2141545a72c3b7.jpg

Here I am with my meyer lemon tree.

Last edited:
I love that idea of signing it too! :mrgreen:

On another board I was on we did this with one of those big greeting cards. We would sign it with our names, screen name and where we were then send it to the next person on the list. It filled up quickly so we started adding pages too it until it got so stuffed we had to retire the old one and start anew ha ha.

~ Raven ~

Back
Top Bottom