The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkath
buckytom
pdswife
Barbara L
Maidrite
licia
GB
Alix
Ken
PA Baker
BigDog
kimbaby
phinz
SierraCook
Corinne
Michellemarie
~ -DEADLY SUSHI-
~ ronjohn55
~ Erik
~ Cara ***
~Jikoni***
~urmaniac13***
~ lulu***
~ Chef_Jen***
~cheese-lovers***
~ Dina
~ corazon90
~ Constance
~ JMediger
~jpmcgrew
~ SizzlininIN
~ Angie
~ texasgirl
~ VeraBlue
~ ChefJune
~ TATTRAT +++
~ Half Baked
~ Katie E
~ Buck
~ goboenomo (canada)

~ amazing324
~ Shunka
~ bullseye
~ crewsk
~Reanie525i

Here is the official list! I've received pms from most everyone, and those who didn't respond will need to jump back on if they're wanting to still play.

HUGE apologies to amazing 324 for not seeing the "I want to play" post! You're on, right where you should be:)

+++Once TATTRAT receives the apron, I'll start double-checking with the remaining members on the list, to make sure they're still interested.

Last edited:
ha ha!

I changed it again, Gobo....I forgot to note that you weren't in the US. If another Canadian signs on to the game before you get it, I may put them up there with you, as we know how long the mail service is!

ooo i'm special. :D
I get my own label and everything.

Not many Canadians here eh?

Just me and Alix :D

Well, tancowgirl was, but she's not been on in a while. There are others, but they've not signed on for the list. And yes, Gobo, you are special.

jkath said:
Well, tancowgirl was, but she's not been on in a while. There are others, but they've not signed on for the list. And yes, Gobo, you are special.

Yeah, I was hoping she'd stay on so I could move up.
My girlfriend says she's go in the picture with me. :D If she's around.

I hope this is you being nice. Or are you saying I'm special as in really dumb, and I need to hear I'm special to feel good. I've gotten that before. It makes it difficult to decide whether they are kind, or just plain jerks.

That's why I left that classical music forum. :D

You guys wouldn't do that to me.... would you?

Looks like Sushi is next on the list and Ronjohn after that. I will PM Sushi - maybe we could meet and I could "hand off" the package - that would be fun. Sushi, I will PM you, Ronjohn, you are after him - I can give him your address. Sushi, oh Sushi, where are you?

Me too..........my name has finally moved up. Hopefully it doesn't get knocked down by others being moved up because of locality.

Sizz, that probably won't happen. We were only going to bump Gobo if tancowgirl was still in the game (since the ship time to Canada was a few weeks)
Kim & Krysten - you guys have your stars, which mean another continent. (Gobo's still in North America)

You should just bump me up with Alix and since she has already gone, make me go next. :P

So who is gonna get the pain of shipping to another continent?

Sushi - you are next on the list. I am going to the post office tomorrow - please pm me your address asap or I will send it on to Ronjohn and then he will send it to you!

Corrine, thank you for all the great things you put in the box and the great soup recipes! The apron is now off to Michigan! Ronjohn, you should receive it Monday or Tuesday. Deadly Sushi and I were going to meet and have our picture taken together with the apron, but since Sushi is sick, I am sending it to Ronjohn first and then Ronjohn can send it to Sushi. Hopefully Sushi and I can “hook up” and have our picture taken together with the apron when it makes it’s way back to the Chicago area.

While I had the apron I tried several new recipes: Creamy vodka lasagna, microwaveable peanut brittle and cranberry pineapple sauce. All three were very good! In fact, I sent a copy of the lasagna to Ronjohn.

The box contains so many great things from all the places it has been. I wanted to capture Chicago – but it is hard to put pizza or beef sandwiches or hot dogs or good Italian food in the box. I found some “gummy” pizza pies to make – so whoever eats one - close your eyes and imagine the best pizza you will ever eat in the states. I then remembered one of my favorites, Fanny May candies. This company makes several types of candy but my favorite is the mint meltaway. I purchased some of these for the box. Between the pizzas and the candy, there should be enough for the next 10 or so people on the list.

I got a slightly larger box, printed up the latest list, put some more mailing labels in the pocket, added some money to the “shipping” pocket, printed some recipes for Ronjohn and signed the apron. Thanks for the memories apron, enjoy Michigan!

Sounds like the Apron has a few additions since I had it. Mailing labels? Shipping pocket? You guys are so smart! I would never have thought of that stuff.

I know I still have a while before the apron gets to me but I'm getting really excited!! I need to start coming up with things to add to the box when it gets here.

Maybe in order to both have fun and move faster we could get together by state and meet up and do as a group theme - Jersey is not that big - I am willing if the rest of the Jersians are - would be fun too meet each other !!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom