The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Erik see's this, I would like to tell him that if you are so desperate for the money, okay, fine, keep it! No big deal. Just send the apron on. It is of no use to you. Don't ruin the fun for the rest of us. You came here and was treated just like the rest of us. Don't do us this way. Put a fake address on the return, who cares, just give us what we hold important here.

The money that was in the apron pocket:
- there was less than $10 when I sent it on to MicheleMarie. It didn't make it very far after she got it so I can't imagine that there was more than $20 in it. Erik probably didn't make a big haul. And it really isn't about the money. Heck, I would pay him to send the original apron on - the money for the postage & then some...

Hey TCG!! Did we come in on the same cat? :mrgreen:

I was just reading the thread. Sorry to hear about the apron, that's bites. This was actually one of the reasons I dropped my name from the original list because at the time we were having SOOOO much trouble getting packages from our post office that there was about an 80% chance that it would have just vanished into thin air and I didn't want to take that risk with something so special.

~ Raven ~

Welcome back Tan and Raven! You've been greatly missed.

Sorry this came to and end jkath.....I truely thought it was resolved but I agree what comes around goes around. Thanks so much for all you did and to everyone else that got the opportunity to experience the original...for sending it on.....minus ole whats his name of course ;)

Yes by all means I would like to remain on the list. If memory serves me right I was like #2 after it returned from overseas.

tancowgirl2000 said:
Hey Raven!!! Its a big yellow cat that purrs.....

You mean this one? :mrgreen:

img_415551_0_0a24f7cde556a59613d51610b47c2668.jpg

~ Raven ~

I was really looking forward to getting the travelling apron :mad: Just when it was about to cross continents!I am all for another one. Count me in.

No, it hasn't. I don't understand why it is so hard to get something into the mail (I'm talking about the loser who failed to continue with the last one). It took me a while to get the last one out, but I still sent it out.

OK - Phinz & jkath, please PM me your mailing address. Does anyone else want a Mystic Pizza sticker while I'm at it? I'll stop by there & pick some up early next week.

Corinne

Corinne... I forgot to let you know that I got the sticker and it has a prized place in my collection. Thank you!

Traveling Apron

I realize that this post is very late, but I have to ask... where did we find this idea?
I'm only asking because I WAS the admin on another forum, where we did this.
But I have another idea.
Why not a traveling cookbook?
People could try diff recipes, sign the inside cover, and we could go down the line with other members who would like to participate. Enclose a photo of something you cooked, and send it along. With all of the members we have here, this could easily be an activity that will continue for awhile! And we could have a special topic for recipe reviews. Have you done this before?:chef: Any feedback?

trinket, the book sounds like a good idea. the op, jkath, came up with this idea many moons ago. you could ask her.

unfortunately, many people feel kinda betrayed by what happened (it was sent to a member who decided to keep the shipping $$ and other stuff included with the apron and never sent it on), so unless someone new takes the initiative, i doubt a new travelling anything would get started.

ya know, someone should submit this idea to foodtv. it would make an interesting show.

I love the book idea, and being a book we could ship it media rate and save a little that way. I would be willing to start the book, but I wouldn't be able to do it for awhile. If enough people would like to do it, we could start another thread for people to sign up. While people are signing up, I could look around for just the right book.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom