"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #431
Head Chef
 
letscook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Finger Lakes of NY
Posts: 1,879
i think it is a good idea. after it has been around it should be auctioned off for a charity.
__________________

__________________
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching
letscook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #432
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 20,308
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
That's a good idea letscook...but who would want it?
__________________

__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #433
Master Chef
 
SizzlininIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Indiana
Posts: 5,023
You would be amazed at what people buy on Ebay. I vote we try to raise money for Breast Cancer. We list it on Ebay and in the heading note what we're raising the money for and then email all our friends and family and ask them to place a bid and pass it along via email. Start the bid out at $1.00. I bet we'd make a hugh chunck of money. We could even write Regis & Kelli, Ellen, Oprah, Jay Leno, The View, etc... and see if they could endorse it on his show to get more publicity. So whatch ya guys think?
__________________
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #434
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
I think it is an interesting idea, but I do not think we should do it with the apron. I think Jkath should get it the way we discussed earlier. It would mean a lot more to her then to some random stranger who got an apron with a bunch of names of people they do not know.

I think it is a nice idea to action something off to raise money for a charity though so I would be all for ding that with something else, just not the apron.
__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #435
Master Chef
 
SizzlininIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Indiana
Posts: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
I think it is an interesting idea, but I do not think we should do it with the apron. I think Jkath should get it the way we discussed earlier. It would mean a lot more to her then to some random stranger who got an apron with a bunch of names of people they do not know.

I think it is a nice idea to action something off to raise money for a charity though so I would be all for ding that with something else, just not the apron.
Didn't realize jkath was wanting it.....I'm all for that too.
__________________
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #436
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,764
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
Didn't realize jkath was wanting it.....I'm all for that too.
Jkath is the holy mother of the whole idea of this travelling apron... so naturally she deserves the right to it

BTW have you heard from Kimbaby, Jkath?? I really hope she has it by now...
__________________
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:17 AM   #437
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Metro New York
Posts: 8,764
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
You would be amazed at what people buy on Ebay. I vote we try to raise money for Breast Cancer. We list it on Ebay and in the heading note what we're raising the money for and then email all our friends and family and ask them to place a bid and pass it along via email. Start the bid out at $1.00. I bet we'd make a hugh chunck of money. We could even write Regis & Kelli, Ellen, Oprah, Jay Leno, The View, etc... and see if they could endorse it on his show to get more publicity. So whatch ya guys think?
since this is a cooking site, why not raise money to help a deserving student pay for culinary school? I bet there are some students right here on DC who could use a few extra $$. Culinary School is inordinately expensive... seems like a more appropriate use of the money.....
__________________
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #438
Hospitality Queen
 
jkath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Jkath is the holy mother of the whole idea of this travelling apron... so naturally she deserves the right to it

BTW have you heard from Kimbaby, Jkath?? I really hope she has it by now...
I've not heard yet from Kimbaby. I'll be sending her a pm in a moment. Thanks for remembering me, GB & urmaniac! It truly will be a treasure to me.
pots & pans.....$800
knives.......$500
Traveling Apron.....priceless.
__________________
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:58 AM   #439
Hospitality Queen
 
jkath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,448
Woo Hoo! Kimbaby got the apron! Yay to kimbaby!
__________________
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:06 PM   #440
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,764
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13


Phew!! I was getting a bit worried!!
__________________

__________________
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.