The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would support the apron getting restarted (heck - I'm willing to buy a new one and start it, again) - with a few more rules this time.

1. You would have to sign up with a Mod/Admin with a varifiable email, postal address and telephone number. The Mods/Admins would then work out a schedule ...

2. A time limit on how long you have to pass the apron on. Maybe 7 days max?

3. When you get the apron, you sign it, have your photo taken wearing it, and post the recipe (hope it includes a photo of the finished dish, too) for a meal that you prepared while wearing it. That way, unlike a book, we can all share in it's progress.

4. Do we need 1 or do we need 4 (one for US, one for Canada, one for UK and one for other International users)? Shipping overseas can be expensive ... I'm a ham radio operator and I swap post cards with guys all over the world when I work their stations - I know that what cost me 65-cents to mail them a card may cost them $3.00 (US) or more to send one back to me ... so I know an apron would cost more.

Regardless of book or apron - we need to figure out a few things so that everyone who wants to participate can.

I vote for the traveling Admin :mrgreen: We'll cook, I'll watch your kids while you go out to eat, we'll re-do kitchens - - - - - just don't ask how much it will cost to ship me! :ermm:

I would support the apron getting restarted (heck - I'm willing to buy a new one and start it, again) - with a few more rules this time.

1. You would have to sign up with a Mod/Admin with a varifiable email, postal address and telephone number. The Mods/Admins would then work out a schedule ...

2. A time limit on how long you have to pass the apron on. Maybe 7 days max?

3. When you get the apron, you sign it, have your photo taken wearing it, and post the recipe (hope it includes a photo of the finished dish, too) for a meal that you prepared while wearing it. That way, unlike a book, we can all share in it's progress.

4. Do we need 1 or do we need 4 (one for US, one for Canada, one for UK and one for other International users)? Shipping overseas can be expensive ... I'm a ham radio operator and I swap post cards with guys all over the world when I work their stations - I know that what cost me 65-cents to mail them a card may cost them $3.00 (US) or more to send one back to me ... so I know an apron would cost more.

Regardless of book or apron - we need to figure out a few things so that everyone who wants to participate can.
Not that I see anything wrong with doing the above, but I do not think it would prevent what happened last time from happening again. We had the email address, phone number and even physical address of the person who took off with the apron. Writing and calling are not going to do any good if someone wants to do that again and going to their house is not a wise move either and just not worth it.

I will not be participating again because the whole experience left me very bitter, even though it was great while it lasted. I do hope that it does start up again for those willing to give it another shot or those that did not get to play the first time.

elfie, lol, the travelling admin is a good idea, but i was thinking more of a show where an apron and a mini-cam are shipped from registered member to member, and we'd record ourselves making a few dishes and signing the apron.

whaddya think?

elfie, lol, the travelling admin is a good idea, but i was thinking more of a show where an apron and a mini-cam are shipped from registered member to member, and we'd record ourselves making a few dishes and signing the apron.

whaddya think?

Good idea bucky! The guy that spoiled this whole thing would have gotten a mini-cam on top of everything else too! :mad:

yeah, but we would have him on camera spoiling it... :huh::wacko:

umm, nevermind...lol.

i'm not talking about US doing it. i mean if foodtv did it as a show. the people who received the camera would be registered in some way, so that if anything goes wrong they would be held responsible.

Why do a few bad a.... (you can fill in with the fruit that Eve picked or the other more descriptive bodily term) ruin it for everyone else???? Unfortunately, I never had a chance to participate and it infuriates me esp. when I learned that he was or is still alive and well. I can understand why the rest of you who did participate are so bitter about it. Maybe there can be some sort of resurrection and protective measures from it happening again.

Why do a few bad a.... (you can fill in with the fruit that Eve picked or the other more descriptive bodily term) ruin it for everyone else???? Unfortunately, I never had a chance to participate and it infuriates me esp. when I learned that he was or is still alive and well. I can understand why the rest of you who did participate are so bitter about it. Maybe there can be some sort of resurrection and protective measures from it happening again.
Yeah, that was what bothered some of us the most, that we were truly worried about him and went to a lot of trouble to find out if he was okay. Jkath and I actually had a little fun at a message board he frequents, trying to flush him out. Of course, when everyone there found out what we wanted him for, they started calling us every foul thing under the sun and defending him, but we accomplished our purpose (we didn't expect him to send the apron back) in letting him know that we all knew what he had done.

:)Barbara

4.gif
Dang you to whoever stole the apron!!

I think no matter what you send around you risk this happening. Imagine sending around a 3 ring binder where each person adds a recipe and a picture of them making it, then sends it along to the next person. Eventually you would have one large cook book of great original recipes, pictures included.
It wouldn't take much for a person like the last one to turn it into a structured cookbook and run around selling it on Ebay or something.
I think we need something of the opposite, instead of something that grows as it gets passed around it should be something that each of us gets a 'piece' of as it gets passed around.

But to be personally contacted and ask for it to be returned and not to is SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! He must have lost it or ditched it in a move---who knows and who cares but it was his responsibility to return it and if there had been a problem he should have contacted DC to let them know. How long did the traveling apron venture last before it ended with this ..............?

Yeah, that was what bothered some of us the most, that we were truly worried about him and went to a lot of trouble to find out if he was okay. Jkath and I actually had a little fun at a message board he frequents, trying to flush him out. Of course, when everyone there found out what we wanted him for, they started calling us every foul thing under the sun and defending him, but we accomplished our purpose (we didn't expect him to send the apron back) in letting him know that we all knew what he had done.

:)Barbara
Good for you and Jkath! :ROFLMAO: YOu girls rocked. Too bad that he didn't have a conscience after all

What about an online cookbook that each of us contribute a recipe and a photo of us preparing or serving the dish? Maybe we could set it up in a format that could be optimized so it could be printed out easily and on a standard page? That way we could all have a copy. Maybe we could even make sure we're wearing our favorite apron in the picture?

Last edited:
Like an online DC cookbook made up completely by members with member photos and photos of the dishes? That sounds cool, and making it downloadable and printable would be cool as well!
Maybe have some sort of 'qualifying' and proofing system set up before a submission can be placed in it...

Back
Top Bottom