The Truth About Legsbig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
I've always gotten the odd comment about my avatar or my screen name but today some weirdo lady said they "scared her" and she made one of those stupid little frowning faces.

Well here it is folks. My name "Legsbig" comes from the sport of MMA. Mixed Martial Arts, or Ultimate Fighting as the call it in the USA.

It is much more mainstream in Japan, where they routinely sell out stadiums in Tokyo of 60,000-80,000 people. It is a fighting art that encompasses Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Western Boxing, Sambo, and Muay Thai. Basically you have to be a complete fighter to be a champ in PRIDE FIGHTING in Japan. And NO its not fake and NO it's not like pro wrestling.

In the united states we have UFC, and it's a great event for true MMA fans like myself, but so many screaming rednecks show up to " Watch em get down " "Mess them suckers up!" For some reason the white trash wrestling crowd is also quite into the american MMA scene, and hey, more power to them. Just wanted to make the distinction Mirko is a PRIDE fighter not a UFC fighter.

Legsbig is a professional fighter named Mirko "Crocop" Filopovic. We say legsbig because initially when he showed success, we had people from croatia flooding on the forums, not knowing much english. SO they would simply say "Mirko not lose." "Mirko has legs big."

Hence the Legsbig joke. Here is the reason they call him Legsbig.

820591.1132106315541.mirko_mino.jpg

Now we move on to my avatar, alot less of a story there. I just found this picture of this douche YEARS ago and have been posting it around for as long as i can remember. If you can look at this picture, and not crack a smile, or laugh, then something is wrong with your sense of humor.

img_266676_1_4ba0ed5c1b6f4512c24ee56aebaed613.jpg

Personally, I've always thought your screen name & avatar funny. The two fit so well together in a comical way. Thanks for the info though, I'm always curious about everyone's names. I'm sure she has her personal reasons for feeling this way as you have personal reasons for your screen name. Hopefully all is smoothed out.

My husband is a big fan of UFC and MMA fighting too. He studies kickboxing & grappling right now at a Martial Arts School. I'm sure he's heard of Legs Big. I'll have to ask him.:)

Last edited:
If he trains mma, hes heard of Crocop, for sure.

Cheers.

Unless he hangs out on MMA forums, he wont recognize legsbig, but he will for sure know all about Crocop. (and probably hate him)

Mylegsbig said:
If he trains mma, hes heard of Crocop, for sure.

Cheers.

Unless he hangs out on MMA forums, he wont recognize legsbig, but he will for sure know all about Crocop. (and probably hate him)
why do you think he'd hate him? I asked him and he got all excited. He told me all about liver knockouts, and his devastating kicks. He said he gets nervous sometimes when he's watching him, that someone will get severely injured.

corazon90 said:
why do you think he'd hate him? I asked him and he got all excited. He told me all about liver knockouts, and his devastating kicks. He said he gets nervous sometimes when he's watching him, that someone will get severely injured.

alot of people hate him because he is very no nonsense in his interviews, his confidence comes off as arrogance. hes a scary guy to talk to.

he got the nickname crocop because before he was a fighter he was on the croatian anti-terrorist task force

alot of people hate him because he is very no nonsense in his interviews, his confidence comes off as arrogance. hes a scary guy to talk to.
I figured it was something like that. I imagine he'd be very imtimidating!
he got the nickname crocop because before he was a fighter he was on the croatian anti-terrorist task force
that's what dh told me too.:boxing:

Long Live Crocop!!!!!!!!!!!!

This kick clearly demonstrates his greatness. In an interview, a journalist asked Mirko -

"If you kick me in my face, how many kilograms would hit?"

Mirko's Respose:

"Right leg, hospital.
Left leg, Cemetary."

crocop-722003.jpg

All im saying is this..this original poster expressed awe, outrage, shock, or a combination of all three when she saw my name and avatar. To be honest, i find that laughable.

I'll tell you what. Look at my name "Legsbig" then look at my funny picture of an 80s faux-body-builder, than take a look at that child in your avatar. Just an innocent baby.

Do you realize children these days........

( Since my school days, early '90s)

Do you realize these kids have sex? do you realize they use Marijuana, Alcohol, Cocaine, and Methamphetamine?

Chances are you will know alot more about fear by then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom