The Twilight Books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My wife is on a vampire kick all of a sudden. We watched True Blood on HBO and she loved it. When it was over she needed more vampire stuff so she got the Twilight books and is devouring them (even though I make fun of her for reading them). She is almost done with those and wants to read more vampire books like those. I had her read Interview With A Vampire a few years ago, but she did not like that one for some reason. Does anyone know any other vampire books like the Twilight series that I could get for her?

Thanks Kathe. I am actually not sure what about the Interview book it was that she did not like. She has not been able to pinpoint it for me. I was really surprised because it seems like something she would really enjoy. It could have just been the mood she was in at the time. I wonder if it was the time period she had an issue with.

I have all of those books too and she refuses to try any others from Anne Rice. It is too bad because I think they are great books.

Thanks for the suggestion of The Nectoscope. I will check that out for her.

Try the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. And the Undead and Unwed series by Mary Janice Davidson. Um what else...Laurell K Hamilton writes what are SUPPOSED to be vampire stuff but they are really more erotica. Lots of those. Let me see...thinking...Jacqueline Frank writes something that is like vampire stuff. Jacob, Gideon and I can't remember the other titles. They are mostly one word male names. That should hold her for a bit. Let me know if you need more. (I kind of have an in at the library)

Oh and I disliked the Anne Rice books too. Characters are too cold and detached. you need to find some way to connect with the characters which is why the Twilight books rock it for her. She'll dig Sookie too.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks Alix! I know she has looked into the Sookie Stackhouse books and will be checking those out. I will have her look for the others too.

Try the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. And the Undead and Unwed series by Mary Janice Davidson. Um what else...Laurell K Hamilton writes what are SUPPOSED to be vampire stuff but they are really more erotica. Lots of those. Let me see...thinking...Jacqueline Frank writes something that is like vampire stuff. Jacob, Gideon and I can't remember the other titles. They are mostly one word male names. That should hold her for a bit. Let me know if you need more. (I kind of have an in at the library)

I think we have another vampire person!! LOL

I like underworld myself.

TG, I like it all. I am a voracious reader and if I like an author I plow through all their books. Charlaine Harris is a particular favorite of mine and that was my intro to the vampire genre. I can only do a few at a time and then i need to do something else. John Lescroart, James Patterson, Janet Evanovich...the list goes on. I have a friend who is a librarian so I get lists and lists of stuff to read. Heeheehee.

TG, I like it all. I am a voracious reader and if I like an author I plow through all their books. Charlaine Harris is a particular favorite of mine and that was my intro to the vampire genre. I can only do a few at a time and then i need to do something else. John Lescroart, James Patterson, Janet Evanovich...the list goes on. I have a friend who is a librarian so I get lists and lists of stuff to read. Heeheehee.
Oh, I love the Janet Evanovich/Stephanie Plum books!!! A friend put me onto them and they are delicious. I'm crazy about the grandmother - makes me laugh so much!!!

The kids got their mom the Twilight books (all 4 hardback) for Christmas. She finished all of them a week ago and can not wait tell the next book comes out.

The next book was leaked and she has it on her website. She talked about not finishing it at all but it looks like she will.

GB, how sweet of you to cater to your wife's interests. While she's on a vampire kick, why not get her to watch vampire movies? The old Vincent Price Dracula movies, Love at First Bite, I am Legend, the Blade movies of Wesley Snipes, etc. That way you can watch them together too. Anyway, just a suggestion :)

The kids got their mom the Twilight books (all 4 hardback) for Christmas. She finished all of them a week ago and can not wait tell the next book comes out.

The next book was leaked and she has it on her website. She talked about not finishing it at all but it looks like she will.

But the series is finished. Everything wrapped all neat and tidy. Is the next book about one of the other characters?

Fishers Mom, have you read them all? And the Plum Lucky short stories? I love Janet Evanovich and I laugh out loud reading them. (So I try to read them only in private!)

We're seriously hijacking this thread, sorry GB. I'm off to start a favorites thread. Let me know what MrsGB thinks of Sookie etc.

Thanks guys.

Chopstix, she hardly has time for movies and when she does she falls asleep before they are through LOL. I guess that is what 2 little kids do to her. She reads when she has spare time, but it is a few minute here and a few there. She would not be able to do that with movies.

I love all the suggestions guys, thanks!

But the series is finished. Everything wrapped all neat and tidy. Is the next book about one of the other characters?

Fishers Mom, have you read them all? And the Plum Lucky short stories? I love Janet Evanovich and I laugh out loud reading them. (So I try to read them only in private!)

We're seriously hijacking this thread, sorry GB. I'm off to start a favorites thread. Let me know what MrsGB thinks of Sookie etc.

No clue, I am not much into them. Here is a couple links to her site and a little info about it. By the looks of it there is another named "Midnight Sun"

StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series

What happened - StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Midnight Sun

I don't think I would get into the Twilight series. After reading the whole Harry Potter series many times over, I started with Terry Brooks and the Sword of Shannara. I am now on the 6th or 7th book of Terry's and I absolutely LOVE his writing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom