The ultimate 'cat house'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First, it's clear at looking at the whole house, the man's expenditure was pocket change to him. The house overall is not a shack.

However, I dearly love my kitties but, even though some of the renovations are clever and most definitely fun to the cats, it's a bit creepy to me.

Each to his own, though. If he's happy, well...

First, it's clear at looking at the whole house, the man's expenditure was pocket change to him. The house overall is not a shack.

However, I dearly love my kitties but, even though some of the renovations are clever and most definitely fun to the cats, it's a bit creepy to me.

Each to his own, though. If he's happy, well...
Much as I love cats 18 is a bit excessive.

18 cats would be a bit much. I've thought of doing one room like that, but not more than that. A book store in town has a few cat staircases and it's not unusual to discover a nice kitty staring down as one shops.

See .. I KNEW that crazy was not limited to only crazy cat ladies !

Holy cow ... that is quite the playground for cats. But as earlier mentioned that could be a real nightmare when it comes time to sell that place.

Seriously, this is something like what I wanted to do for monkey - make a series of tubes and shelves all around the place! :cool:

Last edited:
Nice home. There's probably room enough for 18 cats. I notice he has a solid cover on the fish tank.

I thought I was doing good placing a folded bath towel to use as a bed behind the decorative molding on top of the china cabinet. The cats ( I only ever have had two at a time) launch themselves off the buffet to the top of the cabinet. Great place for naps and sometimes a Paw bats me top of the head when I enter the dining room from the kitchen. The closest edge of the buffet is totally scratched from multiple jumps-- back claws.

The dining room table has a permanent water mark where they toppled a flower vase one day while I was at work. I no longer keep fresh flowers in the house and only a few plants. I do not keep glass vases or breakable objects on top of the fire place mantle. I do have a table/some with throw pillows or something to perch on such as a desk in front of every window. One cat I previously had got her morning exercise running back and forth looking out the kitchen window to the DR buffet to a table in the bedroom to try and get closest to all the birds at a bird feeder. It was the same feeder and I wonder if she knew this or if she thought there were so many at her different sightings. She was incredibly energetic running back and forth.

Two of the simplest ways I found to keep the cats feeling cozy is to put a hand towel over the edge of a small foot stool. They can get under it and peak out. The other is to simply open a brown paper grocery bag and lay it on its side. They take turns going inside their "cave" and curl up for naps. Plus the youngest likes to curl up under a chair that is closest to a heat register leaving just her tail sticking out and the oldest has a throw pillow that accidentally fell behind the sofa and is close to another heat vent. I decided to just leave the pillow.

Annnddd, another reason why I prefer dogs. Especially partial to beagles.

Last edited:
Great ideas for cats. But I don't think the cats will care if you clean their play area or not. :)
No, they probably don't care. But, at some point you will have a look and it will be covered in cat hair, dust bunnies, and there will be hair balls.

Back
Top Bottom