The Waiting Place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Is it just me or does anyone else relate to this....??:ermm: It has really got me thinking and reevaluating my path lately...

I realized that all of these people were waiting. And I thought, “This is what most people are doing with their lives. Waiting for the right person to come along, or the money to come in, or the big break to happen so they can do what they really want.”

"
The Waiting Place…

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

There is waiting helplessly and waiting hopefully. Not all waiting is bad. Way too much instant gratification nowadays, if you ask me.

Someone may be waiting for their hair to grow...but are they not still living life in the mean time? Waiting for a bus?? That's what public transportation is all about, and the price of a smaller carbon footprint.

Waiting for a big break..? Sure, that's a waste of time. Create the break and do something positive and constructive, instead.

Unless people hole up in a tomb while they are waiting for word, or the dough to proof...waiting isn't necessarily a bad thing.

LOL roadfix!:LOL:

I meant more along the lines of sometimes you get so caught up in the mundane things in life and are so focussed on them that life seems to just pass by sometimes and you lose sight of the big picture or the truly amazing things about life....like just sitting a apreciating a cloud going by,or how utterly blue the sky is today or listening...I mean really listening to the wind through the trees or the way your little one giggles. Instead you are distracted with the car in front of you that is driving so @#%! slow, or a long red light.... just basically so impatient with all the little things you "need" to do and you forget to ....stop and smell the roses :flowers:and appreciate what is ALREADY in front of you!

I meant more along the lines of sometimes you get so caught up in the mundane things in life and are so focussed on them that life seems to just pass by sometimes and you lose sight of the big picture or the truly amazing things about life....like just sitting a apreciating a cloud going by,or how utterly blue the sky is today or listening...I mean really listening to the wind through the trees or the way your little one giggles. Instead you are distracted with the car in front of you that is driving so @#%! slow, or a long red light.... just basically so impatient with all the little things you "need" to do and you forget to ....stop and smell the roses :flowers:and appreciate what is ALREADY in front of you!
Nicely stated! I was just going to say that.

I don't think going through day to day 'waiting' precludes you from noticing the pretty things. Even the most observant person can miss the sunset because they are focused on something else.
Maybe I'm just lucky....I never had to be reminded to see the forest or the trees.. I do think more people could notice the beauty in life; I just don't think waiting for the light to turn green or waiting for your number to be called in the bakery is the culprit. People permit themselves to be distracted. Life shouldn't be the distraction, life should be the entertainment. I still don't think waiting is the problem.

I think I can relate in sort of a different way.....
I get so caught up in "when things get better" around here that I forget there are good times happening right now. Kids are only little once and wishing them bigger is just going to bite me in the butt one day!
Basically I need to stop and remind myself these ARE the good old days!!!

People permit themselves to be distracted. Life shouldn't be the distraction, life should be the entertainment. I still don't think waiting is the problem.

You are right I don't think "waiting " is the problem but I do think it is the result of when people get too caught up in the trivial things. They are so busy thinking what is to come next,:unsure: what is to come next, they forget to realise the what is here right now. Like the saying goes "In such a hurry to get no where in particular!"

Right now I am waiting for the fireworks at the Fairgrounds. It is near me and can see it from my back deck.

Back
Top Bottom