The Way Back Machine or Electric Chicken Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagut

Head Chef
I enjoy going back and reading the old threads.
Lots and lots of great information here. :)

Rather then bump old threads I'll just dig them up here and add any comments I have when I find something interesting or funny.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f22/powered-eggs-1145.html

^^^^^ Hence half of the name of the thread.

*****Warning***** Do not read while drinking your morning coffee. ;)

Thanks to "The Powers That Be" for letting me take up your bandwidth and to all past, present, and future posters who make this such a pleasant and informative site. :winkiss:

Lucky for us, 10 years later we have rechargeable eggs, much better than putting all those batteries in landfills!

I don't go camping much anymore. Age tends to make you like creature comforts more every day. ;)

But I was on a site where they mentioned Pie Irons.

A quick Google took me here.
Welcome to Pie Iron.com - home of the original Rome sandwich cooker

Ya learn something new everyday. I'd never heard of them but thought they were cool devices.

Then I thought about what the folks at DC might have to say about them.:rolleyes:

I'm bad with search functions but as expected they had found there way here. :LOL:

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums - Search Results

Looks like it's been awhile since they've been discussed but for those who go camping it might be something to look into.

I might even get one to use on the charcoal grill for me and as an excuse I'll say it's for any children who visit to have fun with. ;)

Well, Back to digging into the past. (I get into less trouble that way)

Zagut, this is a great idea for a thread! Thanks!

Thanks Dawgluver, I've just found so much information by digging into the history stored here at this site and think that sometimes it's good to bring the past back to life. ;)

Just because something is old doesn't make it less useful. And I kinda hope that pertains to me as well. :LOL:

Please consider this an open thread and post away with whatever blast from the past you find. You never know what nugget of knowledge will help another passenger on this journey of life.

"Yeah, I knew that" is a common thought. But stop for a moment and think of what you didn't know yesterday. :rolleyes:

Oh...... I have to say that I walked up hill "both ways" to school in 6 feet of snow in bare feet. :whistling

since i'm here when few other members are logged in, 2 or 3 am est, i get bored after reading the recent posts and go lurker surfing. that is when you look to see who's online and see what threads guests are reading.

you see some really interesting and often really funny old posts.

like powered eggs, lol.

I think this is a great idea. :idea:

I often browse through older categories when I'm looking for something in particular. There is so much useful information here. Sometimes a new member will join and comment on an old thread, and someone will mention how old it is, then the new member disappears. :(

I can't begin to say how much I've learned from waybacks. :)

Sometimes a new member will join and comment on an old thread, and someone will mention how old it is, then the new member disappears. :(

I know I've done this, because when I first joined I answered old threads, too, and people pointed out to me that I shouldn't expect a response from people who were long gone. I hope I don't run off new members; I thought of it as helping prevent disappointment for them, to let them know that the OP is not around anymore.

But it is fun reading old threads sometimes.

Makes perfect sense, GG....when will I ever learn to engage brain before fingers....:ermm: :LOL: :wub:

Hey, there's no reason to feel bad! We often perceive things in different ways, so it's good to bring them up. I have occasionally seen people almost make fun of newbies who didn't notice how old a thread was. That's something we should avoid.

btw, after some lurker surfing i just want to know who is pianoal, and why is he always private messaging (when viewed from who's online)

yeah, he's posted before; i think like 40 posts. not in a while, though. do a "find all post by" search.

but the past week of lurker surfing looks kinda weird.

heya, al of the 88's. ya got yer ears on? :)

A is for Alluring

D is for Dignified

D is for Dedicated

I is for Irresistible

E is for Extraordinary

Boy have they got my name wrong! I am definitely not dignified! I am going back and do my real name.

A is for Adaptable

D is for Dashing

E is for Emotional

L is for Likeable

E is for Emotional

That's much better. I am not dashing or emotional though. :angel:

P is for Philosophical

R is for Radiant

I is for Industrious

N is for Nutty

C is for Crazy

E is for Extreme

S is for Saucy

S is for Swanky

F is for Fresh

I is for Irresistible

O is for Openhearted

N is for Nutty

A is for Adventurous

Awww come on now Addie, Your Irresistible and Extraordinary to us. :flowers:

Thank you. I am dedicated though to children in need. I get myself all wound up when I think of a child going to bed hungry. It is why I give food to the church food bank. :angel:

P is for Philosophical

R is for Radiant

I is for Industrious

N is for Nutty

C is for Crazy

E is for Extreme

S is for Saucy

S is for Swanky

F is for Fresh

I is for Irresistible

O is for Openhearted

N is for Nutty

A is for Adventurous

Oh, so you! You are definitely Saucy! And Openhearted. Radiant certainly fits you. You are the sunshine of this forum. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom