The Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My daughter's wedding went extraordinarily well. She had the time of her life. There were a bunch of guests and I cooked for four days to get everything ready. I made fresh yeast-raised doughnut holes, glazed of course, and a ton of profiteroles filled with everthing from stabilized chocolate whipped cream to chantily cream, to pastry cream. There were filo-crust tarts filled with key-limy pie filling, and various other pastries as well. I wanted to make pecan-pie tarts, again with the filo dough crust but ran out of time. My son and I pulled a 24 hour cooking stint (yep, an all day and all nighter) to get everything done on time. I also barbecued 2 hams and two turkeys on my son's gas grill. I have determined that I truly detest gas grills. They only seem to have two temperatures, off, and 600 degree flames. The hams were perfect, as was the meat from the turkeys. But the turkey skin was burnt to a crisp on one side of both turkeys. When I tried using only the middle burner of the three burner grill, I couldn't get enough heat to cook the birds. But when I turned on either or both of the other two burners, they flared from dripping turkey fat and became uncontrolable. As I said, the meat was perfect, very juicy and tender. Fortunately, they were sliced and served that way on platters. Nobody but me and my son saw the whole birds.:LOL:

Everyone raved about the food and said I needed to change my proffesion. personally, I thought the pastries tasted a day or two old (many of them were). But nobody but me seemed to notice. Go figure. But when they were fresh from the oven or oil (depending on which pastries your were eating) they were amazing.

But the food was definitely secondary. I had a lump the size of my fist develop in my throat when I hugged my little girl after the cermony. I had tears when I gave her and her husband a toast at the reception. I got to watch them dance together in coreographed union. Then, I got to dance with my daughter one more time. And best of all, she married a wonderful young man who comes from a loving, but whacky family. Can you believe that her FIL is even more corny than me? I had a hard time believing it when my daughter told me, until I met the man. But he's a good guy just the same, with a lot of love in his heat. I know that my SIL will take good care of my baby.

Unfortunatley, when my son transfered the pictures from my camera to my memory stick (so I could take more pictures of course), most of the food pictures were lost. But I did get a couple of pictures of the seafood linguini and crab-stuffed prawns that my my other son and I prepared for them. And they loved it. I even got a picture of my daughter and her husband eating a single piece of liguini together until their lips met in the middle, a scene straight form "Lady & the Tramp".

As I said at the beginning, everything was perfect. That's all for now. I'll get back onto DC more and post the food pictures I have when I get back to Michigan.

Seeeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Sounds as if the wedding was wonderful, as well as all the food you prepared - must be so proud. You did good !!! Can't wait to see the pic's !

Goodweed, it sounds like a perfect celebration. Your daughter is lucky to have a dad like you. I'm glad it all worked out for you all. Welcome back.

Okay the way you talked about your daughter just now brought tears to my eyes.
It sounds like everyone is happy and that makes me happy.
The food sounds wonderful. I wish I was there !!

bout time

Thanks bout time you sat down and let us all know how everything went. PERFECT! Just the way I knew it would be. How could anything else go wrong when she's got the best man and family around? What a gift! And I do know how thankful and happy you must be.

Thanks for thinking of us. Just love weddings.

I'm sure the food was all delicious, and that you were the perfect "father of the bride".

I catered my daughter's wedding, with the help of two of my best friends, and I know what a job it is!

That's wonderful Goodweed! I love weddings! My youngest daughter is going to get married next summer.

...Unfortunatley, when my son transfered the pictures from my camera to my memory stick (so I could take more pictures of course), most of the food pictures were lost.

If they were lost off of the memory card, you may be able to get them back. I lost some pictures from my Olympus one time and when I contacted support, they told me about this site that will help you to recover them.

Do it yourself data recovery and digital image recovery.

Congratulations! Sounds fabulous. It is so much more personal and nice to have a family member, cook for such special occasions.

Awwwwwwwww - GW, I can feel the love you have for your daughter in your words. It must have been some kind of wonderful. Thanks for sharing such a special day with us.

Welcome back, Goodweed. And congradulations.
Sounds like you got rid of alot of nervous energy being a "cooking fiend", and had a good time. Glad to hear all went well once you got there.

As we say here, "you done good!". Congrats to you, your daughter and your new son-in-law. Sounds like one heck of a par-tae, Goodweed! High five, Man!!!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom