The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would guess you've picked up the Burning for Buddy discs? Neil grew so much when he met Freddie Gruber during those sessions. His style went from incredible to sublime.

As a drummer I've always admired Peart, Portnoy, Rich, Copeland, Krupa, Bruford, Roach, Bozzio, Appice and so many others. Some for what they play. Others for what they don't play.

Yes, I have the Burning for Buddy two CD set. Outstanding! You can tell he grew a lot as a musician (as if he wasn't already amazing) from that project.

CD

I've got one of Rod Stewart's American Songbook CDs in the car at the moment. The one with "Stardust" (Hoagy Carmichael) and "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" (Written by an Englishman that one, not an American but who's counting). Both favourites of mine (I won't bore you with the details).

I was parked in the village the other day, waiting for a friend, with "Stardust" playing and being rather tear-y. An old lady, who was passing, stopped to listen and offered me a tissue. I waved at the CD player and she said "Oh, I do understand - it has the same effect on me" and told me about her boyfriend who'd been killed at the very end of WW2. She'd later married someone else but "Stardust" still got to her. Made the cause of my self-indulgence seem very insignificant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom