The Wish Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
i wish one week a year you could spend each of the seven days in someone else's existence. not only in their body, but living their life, with all of their thoughts and feelings.

it would be a random selection. you'd wake up as that person, and actually be them for a day. then, at the end of each day as you went to sleep, you'd be yourself again, and remember all of your experiences.

i think it would teach the world a little compassion for each other, instead of so much greed and aggression.
Remember the show Quantum Leap? :cool:

:) Barbara

yup, barbara. it's sorta like that, but you feel and think what they experience all day, not just your conscience in thier body. a kind of walking a mile in their shoes idea (no, not so your a mile away and they have no shoes...:) )

I wish that for one day I could go shopping, not have to look at how much things cost, & just buy them. Not so much for clothes & things like that, but for food & things I can use to cook with. If I can't have that wish, then I wish that I knew when my kids grow up that they will be well prepared for the world that's waiting for them. That's one wish that I know what a lot of love & hard work I can accomplish.

I know what you mean Crewsk. I am sick of having to keep track of how much everything I put in my shopping cart costs and worrying about whether we can really afford it.

:) Barbara

wasabi said:
Oh yea, that reminds me..............one of those Japanese toilets with a bidet. Thanks, Sush:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Come to one of the mediterranean countries, Wasabi!! I think they are the ones who invented bidets, it is installed practically in every house hold, though I never acquired the habit to utilize it, Cris, among just about every Italians, consider it as an absolute necessity of life!:)

wasabi said:
I wish I could push a button and have the house clean itself, the car wash itself, and the clothes washes, dries, irons, folds, and put themselves away, there's a home cooked meal ready to serve, and the dog bathes itself. I don't ask for much.........do I?:)

Heyyyyyyyy that's MY wish too !!!!! :LOL:

Not sure whether it's pushing my luck posting this here but I think my big wish might be about to come true. For some months now we've been humming and hahing over buying a run-down farm in Spain. We'll have a really hard two or three years to start with but I hope - fingers crossed - that on Monday we're going to pay the deposit.

I have a pretty wonderful life. The only thing that I can think to wish for right now is that Paul could retire and that we could move to the Mexican condo. It'll be finished in March and we're getting so excited to see it and stay in it for the first time!!

Snoop Puss said:
Not sure whether it's pushing my luck posting this here but I think my big wish might be about to come true. For some months now we've been humming and hahing over buying a run-down farm in Spain. We'll have a really hard two or three years to start with but I hope - fingers crossed - that on Monday we're going to pay the deposit.

Sounds great Snoop!! I hope everything works out for ya, which part of Spain is it? Keep us updated how it goes!!

I have always wished I could travel through time at will. In addition to being present at historic events, you could live for a time in an interesting era and get to know people who have shaped history. I'd also like to meet myself when I was little to see if I was a litte dork or what... I'm sure my memory presents me in a different light than I was seen by the rest of the world.

buckytom said:
....a kind of walking a mile in their shoes idea (no, not so your a mile away and they have no shoes...:) )

LOL:ROFLMAO:

I haven't heard that one before... original bucky? Even if it's not, it's karma-worthy.

I wish everyone would just be honest. I wish I could know what others feel and that they could know how I fee....l not what they think I feel !!n I wish everyone could live and let live. I wish people were willing to give back what they want you to give - Love Peace and acceptance for whomever you are!!! I just want to be able to make someone else feel better and just make a differance in their lives for the better !!!

Last edited:
Reanie525i said:
I wish everyone would just be honest. I wish I could know what others feel and that they could know how I fee....l not what they think I feel !!n I wish everyone could live and let live. I wish people were willing to give back what they want you to give - Love Peace and acceptance for whomever you are!!! I just want to be able to make someone else feel better and just make a differance in their lives for the better !!!

I know what you mean Reanie but if you think about it.........if we were truely honest with everyone on our thoughts and feelings I think we may end up hurting people that otherwise we'd keep our thoughts to ourselves. I know I bit my tongue many times for the sake of others feelings........remember the old addage ...."if you don't have something nice to say then don't say nothing at all"?

So to add to your wonderful thought..........I wish that no negative thoughts would never ever enter any of our minds...........that the world would be a peaceful place where all races, sex, etc.... would get along. That sickness/death/crime/murder/ect..... would be eliminated and all that would be left is peace and love. . That each human being would go above and beyond to help their fellow person. But then with that in the world we live in we have heaven to look forward to to experience that bliss.

Last edited:
urmaniac13 said:
Forget Avril Lavigne, I would take Antonio Banderas in a special exclusive private Chippendale revue any day...:rolleyes:

Oh, and I wish everything I use in the kitchen would acquire the capacity to go wash themselves and go back to where they belong all by themselves without my bothering with them....
I agree - Give me Antonio ...along with Lorenzo LLamas and Johnny dep - Thats what I call appetizing!!!!

:devilish:

SizzlininIN said:
I know what you mean Reanie but if you think about it.........if we were truely honest with everyone on our thoughts and feelings I think we may end up hurting people that otherwise we'd keep our thoughts to ourselves. I know I bit my tongue many times for the sake of others feelings........remember the old addage ...."if you don't have something nice to say then don't say nothing at all"?

So to add to your wonderful thought..........I wish that no negative thoughts would never ever enter any of our minds...........that the world would be a peaceful place where all races, sex, etc.... would get along. That sickness/death/crime/murder/ect..... would be eliminated and all that would be left is peace and love. . That each human being would go above and beyond to help their fellow person. But then with that in the world we live in we have heaven to look forward to to experience that bliss.
You said the true wish of myself as well - I always bite my tongue and keep my true feelings hidden - I would rather hurt than to hurt others in any way!!!

urmaniac13 said:
Sounds great Snoop!! I hope everything works out for ya, which part of Spain is it? Keep us updated how it goes!!

Just to say, we paid the deposit after meeting the owners and the man that runs the estate agent's (we'd been dealing with an employee till then). Buying property in Spain is a relatively risky business compared to the UK, but meeting the people really clinched it. So, now we have three months to complete. We're both very excited.

Sorry Urmaniac, I haven't answered your question: it's inland on the east coast of Spain in the Matarraña (sometimes spelt Matarranya) part of Teruel. I'll post some pictures at a later date - I might need to ask for advice on this as I have no idea how to post photos - but I'm rushing back to the UK now for a few days for lots of birthday celebrations in the family.

Hope you're all having fun.

Back
Top Bottom