The worst thing I have ever eaten!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whelks in Vancouver! Our Lonely Planet guide told us that THIS restaurant was a 'Not to be missed experience' Well, I don't know how I coped. Half way through I just thought "why am I doing this" they were truly disgusting,so didn't eat anymore. This was back in 1994 so no point in naming names...............they are long gone I hope :ohmy:

I love shrimp scampi. But in the restaurant I had ordered it. The shrimp were so overcooked you couldn't even cut them with your knife. There was a lot of clear sauce or liquid on the bottom of my plate. I took a mouthful of the pasta, and had to spit it out real fast. My son asked me what was wrong. "This plate of food is loaded with alcohol." He took the plate and smelled it. Then he put his finger in the liquid and tasted it.

My son offered to send it back. By now I didn't even want to eat. So I just left the plate there. When the waitress came to give us the check, she noticed my plate. She asked if anything was wrong. My son spoke up and she took it back to the kitchen. She adjusted the check and took the scampi off along with the dessert my son and his wife had ordered. It seems the cook had forgotten to add the liquor during the cooking and just poured it over the whole plate before he sent it out.

The best part was when I looked up, I saw the whole kitchen staff standing outside the kitchen door and just staring at us. The next thing we hear is the manager screaming at the chef. Everybody in the restaurant heard it. Now everybody in the restaurant is staring at us. We made a hasty exit! :angel:

:LOL::LOL:Where did you find the mug? Family shouldn't let family eat lutefisk either!

Google was my friend CWS. :)

Be glad you didn't go to school here. ;)

Attachments

• 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 73
When I was a teenager, my stepmother mixed Lipton Onion Soup mix into hamburger meat to make burgers. I couldn't stand it. I burped onion mix for three days afterward. That's right up there with the blood sausage I tried in a B&B in Ireland. Loved most of the food there, but blood sausage - no thanks.

OK, I will travel to the British Isles eventually, and I always thought that I'd miss out if I didn't try blood sausage. I'm not a huge fan of sausage to begin with and this doesn't sound appetizing at all. I'll feel better taking a pass on this one!

We have had similar threads I'm the past. But my worst food never changes. McDonalds. Hands down. Including horrible things they were feeding us in the soviet army. McD, is absolutely the worst meal, as a whole I have ever eaten. It was repulsive.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I agree with you on McDonalds, Charlie. :sick:

Probably the worst thing I've ever eaten, I made myself. :LOL: Years ago, I decided to make a tomato bisque for my mom and dad, which as usual, called for some basil. Back then I thought if a little basil was good, more would be better. :huh:

I over-basiled that soup so much that it turned me off of both tomato soup and basil for years. :ohmy::LOL: Nasty stuff, it was.

OK, I will travel to the British Isles eventually, and I always thought that I'd miss out if I didn't try blood sausage. I'm not a huge fan of sausage to begin with and this doesn't sound appetizing at all. I'll feel better taking a pass on this one!

Do you mean black pudding ? We don't really think of it as a sausage and it's known as black pudding here . Scotland also do a white pudding . Its mainly eaten on a full cooked breakfast with some HP brown sauce (optional ) but you will also find it in restaurants where they like to sit it on top of a scallop with some pea purée (getting a bit old hat now ) .

There are good ones and bad ones , the Scottish ones I have tasted are very good , but some others are a bit gristly . I don't eat it now as I have to find a gluten free one and I don't miss it that much to be bothered .

Last edited:
Do you mean black pudding ? We don't really think of it as a sausage and it's known as black pudding here . Scotland also do a white pudding . Its mainly eaten on a full cooked breakfast with some HP brown sauce (optional ) but you will also find it in restaurants where they like to sit it on top of a scallop with some pea purée (getting a bit old hat now ) .

There are good ones and bad ones , the Scottish ones I have tasted are very good , but some others are a bit gristly . I don't eat it now as I have to find a gluten free one and I don't miss it that much to be bothered .

Yes that's the one!

I've heard it called black pudding more than blood sausage. Why is it referred to as pudding? When I think of pudding in the UK sense, I think of it as a description for dessert.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Nope. Mom fixed kiszka when I was a kid. Tried a fork-full each time, just to see if it was as bad as I remembered. It was always bad to me.

So I went to the site and I would have to agree with you. Now I like my steaks rare, but just the idea of pigs blood is more that I can even tolerate to think of. :angel:

Ah, blood sausage, I see. Yeah, if it is not done right it can be terrible. But if it is dine right it is quite delicious. When you said Kishka, I was thinking about completely different thing though. My grandma used stuff the casing with dough and cook it inside the stew. It was like bread, well kinda of..

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom