The worst thing I have ever eaten!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilg1983

Assistant Cook
we have all herd someone say the best thing I have ever eaten was or even you yourself might have said it and then named the food and restaurant where you ate it or even the friend or family member who cooked it well here we are not going to talk about the best thing I have ever eaten but the worst thing now this is sort of specific this is how it works if you like fried chicken but have had it made really poorly name the restaurant and what the food is that you ate that was so bad or even if it was at aunt Betsy's house name what she cooked that was so bad

Well I will start I use to have this Aunt that always said she can cook but my taste buds knew different she would make hamburgers that tasted like overcooked unseasoned Beef I tell you she brought a new meaning to the cooking term Blackened no offense to her but she could not even make toast in a toaster with presets LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

well that was pretty easy now it is your turn

Well the worst thing for me was when I once did Boston Baked Beans. I couldn't get any salt pork so decided to make my own.

I don't know what I did wrong but it tasted awful, the most salty thing I have ever eaten.
I don't know if I can even class this as the worst thing I've ever eaten as we only had two mouthfuls each before throwing the rest away.

Welcome to D.C., lilg1983!
For the most part, I like nearly everything. 'Course there are many items I have not had the opportunity to try.
Like Wyshiepoo, the worst thing I ever put in my mouth was of my own making and involved salt.
Way back in 1979 or 80, I was really making a serious effort to learn about cooking. Whilst attempting to make my first cheesecake, my eyes played a vicious trick on my mouth.
The recipe called for 1/4 tsp of salt. My eyes told my brain that "tsp" was "cup".
Needless to say, that attempt got flung out the door in short order.

the worst Thing I have ever eaten

there was also a time when I was quite young in my teens My mother made breaded Cube steaks and there was two containers on the counter one with Flour the other had powdered Sugar well you can guess which one she used she brought it to the table I put one on my plate cut into it and wow it was like a beef dessert LOL :chef: not really the worst thing I have ever eaten more of a Kitchen Mishap

Last edited:
Tripes a la Mode de Caen!

I slaved over an Elizabeth David recipe, added cognac and wine. Served it up with pride. Sat down to eat. put a forkful in my mouth ..... and nearly threw up. I could neither chew nor swallow it. and had to spit it out. It was the taste and the feel of the tripe in my mouth.

This would have been in the late '70s. My ex and I had a wonderful supper at a Greek resto, can't remember the name. After supper, we ordered Greek coffee and the server asked if we would like dessert. We asked if they had cheese cake. The cheese cake arrived and it was absolutely awful. I suspect it really would have been quite good, if we had been expecting something savoury. I think it must have been tiropita.

The worst thing I ever eat was horse meat didn't know when I was eating it and still didn't like it the good thing though no one yelled Whoa! might have got stuck in my throat.

I was on a cruise and getting a bite in the buffet. The buffet isn't really known for great food, but you can usually put together a tasty plate by going to the various stations. Unfortunately this was a small ship and the buffet was very limited. I picked up a breaded stuffed pork chop without really reading the description. It was stuffed with pineapple and cheddar... This could not really be part of their regular offerings, maybe someone was trying to get creative.

With that said, the formal dining room food was usually spot on.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

We were in Antigua, our first "big" trip together, eons ago. We went to a little beach side restaurant for lunch, and I ordered chicken. I got what looked like a whole skinned rat on a plate. I couldn't even take a bite, I was so grossed out.

Well the worst thing for me was when I once did Boston Baked Beans. I couldn't get any salt pork so decided to make my own.

I don't know what I did wrong but it tasted awful, the most salty thing I have ever eaten.
I don't know if I can even class this as the worst thing I've ever eaten as we only had two mouthfuls each before throwing the rest away.

Next time use bacon in place of the salt pork. Just as much if not more flavor in the same family. :angel:

We were doing a major remodel on a house and the clients were living there while we did it.

We got to know them quite well and used to play around with there children from time to time.

One day there 8-9 year old daughter brought a plate of mud pies she'd just made out to us.

Most of the guys just pretended to eat them but me being the smartass I am and wanting to make a sweet little girl happy took a big bite and started to chew. After all what's a little dirt?

OMG. I now know what nasty is. :LOL:

I couldn't spit it out right then and there because the sweet girl was really happy. Seems like it was in my mouth forever. :rolleyes:

Let me assure you as soon as she left my mouth was rinsed several time from the water jug. ;)

So I'd have to say Mud Pie was my worst thing eaten. :yum:

We were doing a major remodel on a house and the clients were living there while we did it.

We got to know them quite well and used to play around with there children from time to time.

One day there 8-9 year old daughter brought a plate of mud pies she'd just made out to us.

Most of the guys just pretended to eat them but me being the smartass I am and wanting to make a sweet little girl happy took a big bite and started to chew. After all what's a little dirt?

OMG. I now know what nasty is. :LOL:

I couldn't spit it out right then and there because the sweet girl was really happy. Seems like it was in my mouth forever. :rolleyes:

Let me assure you as soon as she left my mouth was rinsed several time from the water jug. ;)

So I'd have to say Mud Pie was my worst thing eaten. :yum:

:yum: But you made a little girl very happy. :angel:

Lutefisk would top that list. My paternal grandmother's pot roast, followed by that dish I made awhile back that I tossed in the garbage.

The most perfectly grilled steak, topped with...maple syrup. :ermm: I was 12, on vacation with my spinster aunt visiting relatives, and my cousins took us out to eat. Without asking if I wanted her help, she reached across the plate to grab the pitcher of "au jus" and liberally applied it to my steak. I was suspicious, since it didn't pour like au jus, but I humored her and took a bite. We all laughed so hard the waitress hurried over. Well, actually, I wasn't laughing at first. Needless to say, I got a new steak. As a bonus, my meal was free because the waitress felt it was her fault. Just to make sure my aunt never wanted to "help" me again, I would remind her of the maple steak every time we ate out. :LOL:

Maple syrup on steak reminded me of this. It was Easter and we were visiting an elderly Swedish couple. She put out a beautiful Easter dinner. There was the most gorgeous ham I had ever seen. It was scored in a diamond pattern with cloves at the corners of the diamonds. It was shiny and looked succulent. I learned a term that day - raisin sauce. I'm not a big fan of sweet with savoury. As a child, it was a much bigger deal. I thought fried onions were too sweet to eat with meat. Well, I tasted that gorgeous ham and I don't know how I didn't gag or how I finished my serving. It was sweet and disgusting and worse than anything I could think of.

When I was a teenager, my stepmother mixed Lipton Onion Soup mix into hamburger meat to make burgers. I couldn't stand it. I burped onion mix for three days afterward. That's right up there with the blood sausage I tried in a B&B in Ireland. Loved most of the food there, but blood sausage - no thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom