The Yankee - Dixie test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, all three theories sound plausible to me, GG!

Thanks for posting the link, and thanks, pacanis, for asking a question that never occurred to me!

Lee

A short version is…. "'Dixie'" was a currency issued by banks in French Louisiana. They were $10 bills that said Dix (French for 10) on one side… To the people in the South, and flat boatmen who had floated down the Mississippi to sell their goods they were called Dixies...So the area became known as Dixieland…This is the accepted origin of the term around here...What ever.. It's Where I was born. in..Early on One Frosty Mornin... :whistling

Last edited:
77% (Dixie). That is a pretty strong Southern score

Hmmm and I was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, not Cleveland Georgia

I think the whole purpose of the test is to confuse everyone, LOL. If you are a Yankee it makes you think you are a Reb, and if you are a Reb it makes you think you are a Yankee.
They're just messin with us, which is what makes it fun, LOL.

That's a joke, right? :ermm:

Apparently the origin of the term is not known: Dixie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which part, the part where I put the laughing smiley, or the part where I said I never heard someone referred to as a dixie?

I really don't know who created the test, but it's pretty funny that being a "dixie" seems to be pretty common, even for us northerners....

I've heard of leaving my heart in dixie, and dixieland of course, but no, no movie I ever saw, book I ever read or person I ever talked to referred to a southerner as "a dixie". That's a new one on me.

I have to agree with Pacanis, I have heard of Dixie, Dixieland, etc but never someone being referred to as a Dixie.. so let's coin it and make some fame!

Well, apparently hanging out with Uncle Bob has had a strong influence on most of us. I'm only 43% Yankee and have never lived even close to the Mason Dixon line. But, my grandma (who mostly raised me) was from West Virginia - does that count?

You can take the girl out of the South, but you can't take the 'South' out of the girl....;)

Not that you would want to try anyway!:LOL:

I always thought I would end up marrying a country girl or southern gal, instead I ended up with a city chick... :wacko:

:LOL::ROFLMAO: Don't tell DW I said that!

You can take the girl out of the South, but you can't take the 'South' out of the girl....
wink.gif

So true, Uncle Bob. And my grandma was a wonderful southern cook. My sister and I have never been very successful in duplicating her recipes, which were never written down, of course. But now I have discovered (gasp) - LARD. And I feel like I am returning to my roots.....

I'm 85% Dixie even though I lived in Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts and I was born in California. I've been in Texas longer than anywhere else so I guess it's pretty ingrained in me.

mine said: 100% (Dixie). Is General Lee your father?

which is strange since I`m 100% Englishman.

mine said: 100% (Dixie). Is General Lee your father?

which is strange since I`m 100% Englishman.

Well there ya have it.
The less southern you are, the more this test tries to tells you that you are :wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom