The Yankee - Dixie test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that was weird....
Even though is seemed every answer favored the Great Lakes region, northeast area, etc, where I have lived all my life, I'm only 45% yankee. :huh:

I know Uncle Bob.... That's a good thing.... :LOL:

Jeeze, I was born in Iowa, lived most of my live there except the last 15 years spent in Illinois. Never lived in the south but visited there once for 5 months on business. And yet, I get a score of 58% Dixie (barely into the Dixie category).
I think I should have gotten Yankee there, ya think?? LOL.

Well that was weird....
Even though is seemed every answer favored the Great Lakes region, northeast area, etc, where I have lived all my life, I'm only 45% yankee. :huh:

Yea, which is what surprised me about my results. A lot of my answers got "Great Lakes Region or Northeast", a few got "Midwest", and only a couple got "southeast" or "southern".

But hey I guess UB will be proud! :LOL:

I think a "dixie" wrote that test to mess with us :LOL:

And where did this term "dixie" come from? First time I ever heard it.
Isn't it still politically correct to call them Johnny Rebs :ermm:
:LOL:

Mine came back as 45% Yankee with emphasis on the Northeast where I have never lived.

It's a fun test, but I don't think I'll take it too seriously:)

Okay, Uncle Bob, we're waiting for you!

Last edited:
Yeh, me too Pacanis. Spent 43 formative years in Jersey, yet they say 59% dixie, barely into Dixie Catagory.

And I never heard of that bug. Still don't know what they're talking about.​

The roley poley? Looks like a tiny little caterpillar or centipede if I remember correctly. We would put em in our hand and watch em curl up in defense.

Well, around here they are called pill bugs I guess, but as a kid we called them armadillo bugs. You find them under things or where it's damp. They roll up in a little, perfect ball about 1/4" in diameter.

Mine came back as 45% Yankee with emphasis on the Northeast where I have never lived.

It's a fun test, but I don't think I'll take it too seriously:)

Okay, Uncle Bob, we're waiting for you!

Like ya need to ask..........:LOL:

I'm named after Grandfathers.. who were named after "The General":ROFLMAO:

Well that was weird....

We must be less Yank-y than we thought! I'm 43% (barely) Yankee, too.

In Pittsburgh we called your roly polies Potato Bugs. I'm surprised we neighbors don't share that one in common.. the "pop" I know, though!

Thanks for sharing the quiz, it was a lot of fun. Especially neat that you can see where all of the terms come from.

That is funny, I was born and raised in NJ and the test says I am barely Yankee lol

Me too! I only got 48% Yankee. Now, if they heard me say words like 'coffee' and 'sausage', they'd suggest I was from NYC. I can live with that, I suppose.

Me too! I only got 48% Yankee. Now, if they heard me say words like 'coffee' and 'sausage', they'd suggest I was from NYC. I can live with that, I suppose.

And "dog" and "water", VB?

The test is flawed! As a Bostonian, I am WICKED yankee (ironically) and my score was 49%, or just barely.

Puh-LEESE! :)

Lee

Back
Top Bottom