There's an echo.....yoohoo....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Why? You may ask......
But do let me tell you. I have the house all to myself for the next two days and nights, and then just Lou and I for the entire weekend. My daughter is back at her apartment in NYC and my son and his girlfriend just left for Florida to visit my parents for a long weekend.
I cannot recall the last time I had the house to myself, without the possibility of someone coming in, coming home, calling, leaving a mess, etc...in years.

So, tonight, I plan to get a bit of housework done, and enjoy watching it stay neat through Sunday night. Imagine that..?! Tomorrow evening I have a few errands to run. Friday Lou comes and it's officially cocktail time. I see uninterupted hot tubbing in the future.

Saturday is a day trip to Coney Island for some Nathan's and a walk on the beach.
I'm thinking of making soft shell crabs and linquine on Saturday night.

Sunday will probably be a trip to Belmar and a valiant attempt to get in the surf, regardless of 55 degree ocean temperatures.:wacko:

I'll probably smoke a couple of chickens on Sunday evening, fire roast some potatoes and serve that with a tomato and bread salad. I know everyone likes berries of some sort for dessert, but, until they are really in season, I will probably wait. A lemon coconut roll is probably more likely.

I see many miles of bike riding, as well.

And quite a bit of 'disrespecting the kitchen' for those of you who remember that particular thread:angel:.

1313 Mockingbird Lane is open for business.:devilish:

That's great. It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful weekend!

Good for you, VB. It sounds like a fabulous weekend, and the food sounds great!!!! coney Island, surfing, great food...how can you go wrong!!!!

Buck, that's just baaad.:LOL:

Wow!! Miss Vera...What a a great opportunity(for me to go into ninja mode, slip in your house, and steal all your secret recipes) for you to relax, and let the world go by...without the possibility of someone coming in, coming home, or disturbing your peace and quite!!....Great food, great drink...Enjoy yourself, and don't worry about a thing...(He Heee)

Have Fun and Enjoy!!!

I cannot even fathom the thought at this point in my life!
I hope you have a truely truely blessedly quiet and lonely weekend!

I had the house to myself for an entire week in April for the first time in 18 years. Best week I've had in a long time. I love my family, but it's nice to have time to myself. Enjoy it VB, your time alone will go by faster then you think.

Lol Uncle Bob!!! Ninja mode!

Vera, sounds like a fabulous weekend!!! The uninterrupted hot tubbing sounds fabulous, oh and of course with several cocktails!! Enjoy!

Vera, you made me choke on my coffee. Go disrespect that kitchen all over the place girl! Enjoy the peace and quiet, I envy you!

Thanks to all of you! So far, the house is still neat and tidy after my bit of housework last night. Hard to believe how it's possible...haha

What? One can clean a house one night and have it still clean 12 hours later? I'll believe it when I see it.....
Oh, and can someone please direct me to the disrespecting the kitchen thread, I gotta know!

have fun being disrepectful, vb.

lol, 1313 mockingbird lane is an old house as you've told us. so you're probably not gonna surprise it with anything, deary...:)

saturday, we're boilin' lobsters ($6.99/lb in the lodi shop rite this weekend only!) and spuds and corn. maybe i'll try to get some pi$$ clams.

are softshells in season yet? should be soon.

sunday, we're goin' in to the city to see all of the warships, and the probably eat in little italy or chinatown. lots of m-16 packin' soldiers started to show up all over the west side (by the piers) these past coupla days. have they been downtown as well?

Back
Top Bottom