There's hope for us all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
I've just been reading about Fauja Singh, an elderly Sikh gentleman from London. He retired from competitive running in February AGED 102, after completing the Hong Kong 10k race 5 minutes quicker than last year, despite falling over and getting up and continuing the race . He took up running at 89 and still runs for "fun" every day. In his interview he sounds really bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

I certainly won't be running when I'm 102 (but then, I don't run now) but I hope I'm that fit when I'm that age.

Last edited:
I will be lucky to see 80. When my sister died, she was 74. She was 5yrs. 4 mos. older than me. My daughter has had a mental competition with her cousin all her life. My sister's oldest child. When my sister died, she wanted me to outlive my sister. I have fulfilled her wishes. On September 19th it was official. I outlived and have lived longer than my sister. So now my daughter can rub it into her cousin's nose. Silly daughter of mine. I doubt if my niece even knows about the competition. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom