These are a few of my favorite things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Lately I haven't felt like cooking much for dinner or breakfast. Late lunches were holding me over for dinner until it was too late to cook, even for me. Plus it always seemed like the same old thing, steak or pork chops.... not that there's anything wrong with that ;) Breakfast.... I guess I was just getting lazy and didn't feel like cooking in the morning. I've been missing some of my favorite meals and nutritional requirements; Tacos, Wings and Eggs :)
Wednesday night was tacos. Last night wings and fries (I layed the fries on the grill after they were done frying to season them, give them some grill marks and crisp them up. I'll be doing that again.). And I just finished breakfast, where I used up some leftover taco meat.
I hope I don't fall into that funk again. I was missing these. The variety had left me :( And I'm actually looking forward to tossing a steak on the grill tonight :)

geez, pacanis. i thought this thread was gonna be about roses and kittens, and kettles and mittens.

i nearly started to sing, "how do you solve a problem like pacanis? how do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
how do you find a word that means pacanis?
a flibbertijibbet! a will-o'-the wisp! a clown!

:)

those tacos are making me hungry, maria.

It is a bummer, Barb.
I read others here saying that it is "too hot to cook today", and I don't think I fully appreciated what they were trying to say. It's never too hot for me to cook because my house is air-conditioned, at least that's how I was looking at it, but maybe the hot, humid days were wearing on me to where I didn't want to expend the energy to cook something different, or run to the store and get something different to make.

BT, may that song stick with you all day now :LOL:

BT, may that song stick with you all day now :LOL:
I think it is stuck in my head now!

Those tacos look so good right at this moment! The others do too, but I could taste the tacos as I looked at them! Darn you pacanis! Darn you to HECK!!!!

:-pBarbara

geez, pacanis. i thought this thread was gonna be about roses and kittens, and kettles and mittens.

i nearly started to sing, "how do you solve a problem like pacanis? how do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
how do you find a word that means pacanis?
a flibbertijibbet! a will-o'-the wisp! a clown!

:)

those tacos are making me hungry, maria.

Did you recall those lyrics from memory, Mother Superior, or did you look
them up?

I'm thinking he had the words on the tip of his tongue, Andy. Nobody would Google those lyrics... would they? :ohmy:

I guess along with laziness in the morning, I've been a bit of a hipocrite :(
I have no problem saying to suck it up and get used to the higher prices of gasoline (maybe not in so many words.... :angel:), but had stopped paying the exorbitant prices of produce and stopped buying wings because they haven't been on sale in a while. The "variety is the spice of life" had gone out of my cooking, simple as my cooking is.

And you are serving those to us when??? Yum yum yum! I have been getting lazy in my cooking lately as well, not for the heat though I have the AC running full tilt just been busy with everything else.
Now I need to run to the store for some ribs and wings!!

Thanks, Lee :)The ones on the left were just "seasoned". A method down by Pittsburgh has, but nobody makes them that way up here by the lake. Just seasoning and no sauce, Garlic powder, red pepper, salt, pepper.... I think that's all I put on them.
The ones on the right I mixed some Open Pit, Sriracha sauce, worcestershire sauce.... I do them differently all the time, but that's what I put on these. No frying, done on the grill the whole way. I like them both ways though :)

Back
Top Bottom