They found my inlaws dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I am breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. Over the weekend my inlaws dog ran away. My FIL was taking her to the groomer which she hates. She freaked out and got our of her collar and took off. My FIL is sick and can not run or even walk very far so he was in no condition to chase her, not that he could have caught her anyway. This dog is not the smartest animal and has never really been far away from home so we were not sure if she would know how to find her way back. She is also very skittish around most people (even though she is the sweetest dog) so someone actually getting hold of her seemed unlikely. Well I just got a call from my wife that someone her mom works with just spotted the dog in the woods and while I was on the phone with her they were able to catch her. I am just so relieved!!!

That's great GB!
It's a burden when your animal is gone and you don't know where they are and if they are still alive.

Yaaay for your in-laws and your family. I can just imagine their dog from the way you describe - my Shelby would probably do something like that, and I'd be heartsick too.......

Don't you dare ever scare me like that again!!
img_190957_0_08e47a29eded094169988db14e66a6c4.gif

Phew, that is a great news GB!! I know what kind of terror this sort of thing causes, our hamster escaped a couple of times, how panic stricken we were even though he was sure to be somewhere inside the house with no other predators around... imagine if your pet wandered off to somewhere out there!! I am glad the story ended happily!!

glad to hear the good news gb! the poor little doggie must have been scared out of it's wits.

Thanks everyone! We have been holding our breath for days. She is such a timid dog and has never really been out on her own. Tonight it is supposed to get very cold so I am just so happy that she will be inside before that happens.

Yikes, I have bad dreams about that situation. If my beagle ever got out of the yard he'd be a goner. He actually lived on the streets for w while before I adopted him.

I am so glad you found her.

Have you considered a microchip? I haven't done it because my dogs are old and don't get out too much, but things like this make me reconsider.

it is far more difficult to get a microchip to go for walk, and a lot less fun than a dog.
jenny, you need to get out more... :rolleyes:

LOL bucky :)

Their dog is a beagle too Jenny. Yeah I will suggest a microchip to them. We have two cats. Our younger one has the chip. I think it would make a lot of sense to have that put in during the next vet visit. Great suggestion!

Bucky, I almost had a terrible workplace accident over that one!:LOL: :LOL:

Beagles run away. Even timid ones. I think it's the hunt dog breeding. They also dig -- which I have to watch all the time. But they are sweet and howl at fire trucks.

She was supposed to have been a hunting dog, but she was the worst hunting dog ever. She always ran the opposite direction that she was supposed to go. That is how she ended up being a pet :)

That's a huge relief, GB! My parents have had basset hounds that do the same thing. Like Jenny said, with the hunting instinct (no matter how bad!), all they need is one scent and they're off. I bet your in-laws feel wonderful right now!

Thanks PAB. Yes they are flying high right now. They really thought they would never see her again.

Happy

Glad I read this when everything had settled down. I really start to panic when I hear about dogs taking off. My dogs are old now. One is blind, other one deaf, and other one has arthritis. Just like people they deteriorate too. When they were younger had the trouble with them running after squirrels. How tramatic to hear that the dog ran off but is now home safe and sound. Trying to catch a dog is not easy. I bet they are putting leash on her before they get out of the house. Only takes one time and they won't forget this one. You are kind to be understanding of their trouble. I think cats are able to take off too so watch them. Dogs are really worth all the anxiety they bring you. They feel the same way about their owners. Well, I am glad I read this when I did. All is well.

Back
Top Bottom