Things are looking up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished my first day. My new job is a night auditor for The Hampton Inn and Suites.
Right now I'm doing the training during the day, when thats done my hours will be 10:00pm-8:00am with maybe one evening shift,which I can deal with. I will be doing a little of everything check-in, check-out, recording daily cash flow,and helping set up breakfast bread bar.
As far as something that I want to stay with,I can't answer that until I actually do the night job. I am still going to keep my eyes open, as the pay is not the greatest,but its $$$$$.
And get this, the general manager said that the lady that interviewed me was impressed with my personality. I guess husband isn't as smart as he thinks he is!!!
:)Even if you dont like the job much you have your foot in the door other jobs may come up there.

That's great Mikki! The training will leave you in good stead for other careers as well. Maybe you can do some study as well cos, while I have never done night shift, I have heard many say that they have often have spare time on their hands during shifts. Definitely start your own account. Good advice.

My main worry is the 3rd shift, the last time I worked a graveyard shift was in high school, I'm just hoping I can stay awake. I'm already thinking about how much to try to put in my account every week.
The few college courses I took are geared at accounting so maybe this is the direction I'm suppose to go. Can't wait to see how today goes. I'm off to work, (I like the sound of that) talk to everyone later.

Mikki, put enough that you can see it grow, but little enough you won't be tempted to take it out for the first crisis. Any month there is something left in your account, you can always make another deposit.

I liked the suggestion that you look around for a chance to do some studying while at work. It will keep you alert, and make good use of down time.

Hope your day goes well.

Day went great, both managers are really laid back, The GM even bought me lunch today. All the people seem friendly and easy to get along with. So I think I'm going to like my new job just fine. Sometimes I think good people to work with is more important than loving your job.

Sometimes I think good people to work with is more important than loving your job.
That's so true!! Where I work (when well), the most common thing people say is "would love to leave here but the people are so nice" and then we never leave!!! There are people who did cadetships there and stayed till retirement. (This isn't "fashionable" in Perth anymore, so it is still a big deal when it happens.)

Back
Top Bottom