Things are looking up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
I just wanted to let everyone know, I got a job!!!! I applied for it before Thanksgiving,had the interview yesterday and I start tomarrow. Thak you to everyone here, you will never know what your kind words of support and encouragement did for me. So THANK YOU again DC family.

WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go Mikki!!!

I am so happy for you! I hope it is a job that will allow you to be happy and meet all your needs. May your Holiday Season be a truly joyous and thankful one!:santa::flowers:

Fantastic news. All the best for a great year in 2008 and advancing in all areas of your life. May God's blessing come more into your life.

That is just the most wonderful news mikki. Your daughter must be so proud of her gutsy Mother. I hope things get better for you in every respect and that you have a very Happy Christmas and an even better 2008.

img_521762_0_877d3d5b090500435c92d35b4330c5e7.jpg

I will UB,maybe later tonight as I promised my daughter some and now that I'm a working girl I don't know when I'll get a chance to make it.

Congratulations Mikki!! Isn't it wonderful what prayer and a positive attitude can do for you? I'm so proud of you!! HURRAY :>)!! Does this mean bh has to do something for himself? LOL Have a wonderful day at your new JOB. Dawn T

Dawn- LOL! Yep now he'll have to make his own breakfast and pack his own lunch. I'm heartbroken!!! (not)

Simply brilliant news Mikki!! Do tell! What's the job? Do you think this is something you want to stay with or just a stepping stone job? Either way it's all good!!

That's fantastic, mikki! I'm so happy for you. And you know, even though you mentioned being worried about not having as much time for your daughter, think what a life lesson you've taught her by example.

She's bound to be aware to some extent that finances were tight and it was depressing for you. That happens to all of us at one time or another. You have modeled for her a healthy, positive, real-life way of handling rough times. We're all proud of you and you should be proud of yourself. I guarantee your daughter is bursting with pride!

Many congrats Mikki so very proud of you. I told you the master had His Hand on you
may 2008 be the very best for you. When the time comes git rid of dead wood!

Just finished my first day. My new job is a night auditor for The Hampton Inn and Suites.
Right now I'm doing the training during the day, when thats done my hours will be 10:00pm-8:00am with maybe one evening shift,which I can deal with. I will be doing a little of everything check-in, check-out, recording daily cash flow,and helping set up breakfast bread bar.
As far as something that I want to stay with,I can't answer that until I actually do the night job. I am still going to keep my eyes open, as the pay is not the greatest,but its $$$$$.
And get this, the general manager said that the lady that interviewed me was impressed with my personality. I guess husband isn't as smart as he thinks he is!!!

Mikki, Well, you are a Jackie of all trades aren't you?!?! Do your future hours mean you'll be home when bh is? I was thrilled to read that your interviewer was impressed with your personality,as I'm sure I can say for most of us here at DC...we already were!! Of course you're correct about bh, he isn't as "smart" as he thinks!! Dawn T ;)

Back
Top Bottom