Think about my granddaughter today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry that your granddaughter and her baby are having such a rough time. It's good they have been able to buy a few days for the baby without risking your granddaughter. Keep us posted on them and try to remember that tonight is about the miracle of one tiny baby. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your family's miracle in the coming days.

latest news

they are planing on delievering the baby at three thirty this afternoon.

when they took suzanne down for ultra sound, took her off of iv for high blood pressure. it shot the bp sky high.

baby is smaller than they had hoped.

pray all goes well

babe

Keep us posted, babe. The baby is, developmentally, at a pretty good stage to survive outside the womb but would fare better in a good neonatal ICU. Hope the hospital your granddaughter is in has good neonatal facilities. We'll continue to keep all of you in our prayers.

Keep us posted, babe. The baby is, developmentally, at a pretty good stage to survive outside the womb but would fare better in a good neonatal ICU. Hope the hospital your granddaughter is in has good neonatal facilities. We'll continue to keep all of you in our prayers.

thanks so much. i am told it is a very big hospital tied to kaiser. she has seen a neo baby doc. and he keeps us on the information loop.

babe

babetoo. My great niece was born at 5 months and only weighed 1 lb and 6 oz. She was so tiny and now, she is a vibrant honery little angel of 8. All will be well. Give your Granddaughter a hug and tell her that she has prayers from all around the world going for her.

up date

they took the baby by c-section late this afternoon.

that is really all i know. my son will call when he has more details.

please pray and think postive thoughts , for us.

was supposed to go to christmas party, just not in the mood, so called and canceled.

they said baby would be 3.06 pounds, and i just don't know at this point.

thanks

babe

Congratulations on your newest great grandchild Babe! What a special gift on Christmas Eve. She'll be all the more precious to you because of this scary start. Please keep us posted on how she and your granddaughter are.

Congratulations, babe. Another generation of your family has entered the world.

A little over 3 pounds is a positive thing. Smaller babies have survived.

Wouldn't it be a nice thing if they called the baby, if it's a girl, Eve, for Christmas Eve? A boy? Evan. Just me thinking.

Best wishes to everyone.

Babe, I know you are worried and will be until you hear more. You and your family are in my prayers tonight. 3 lbs is small but not for 7 1/2 months. All babies do the last 6 weeks is basically put on weight. The high BP may have slowed down development some but it sounds like they did all the right things for both baby and momma. Have a merry christmas and give thanks for this wonderful new life entrusted to your family.

the latest news on suzanne

the baby is breathing on her own, room air at that. so for now everything with the babe is looking up.

my granddaughter had some problems during the c section. epi. did not work so they had to put her out. she had an allergic reaction to it and was unable to move for about five hours. was just coming out of recovery at ten thirty pm.

so for the moment it is good news. thank you all for prayers and keep it up that all will be well

babe

name

Congratulations, babe. Another generation of your family has entered the world.

A little over 3 pounds is a positive thing. Smaller babies have survived.

Wouldn't it be a nice thing if they called the baby, if it's a girl, Eve, for Christmas Eve? A boy? Evan. Just me thinking.

Best wishes to everyone.

the baby's name is georgia abigail. but u had a cute idea.

babe

Congratulations Babe!! Sounds like Suzanne had a rough time of it. Glad she has come thru it and that Georgia Abigail is fighting well. Good news at last.

Congratulations on the the new addition!! What a wonderful Christmas gift!! Of course, she won't like it much when she is older. LOL
I love her name.
My son weighed 3 lbs, 14 oz when he was born 4 weeks early. He stayed in an incubator for 2 weeks just for warmth. He could not retain body temp, but, other than that, he was healthy. Babies are very strong. People don't realize how strong. Can't wait to see a picture.

Last edited:
Congrats..My prayers go to you and your family, especially the baby. One of my friends, she is a NICU nurse and helps with all the premies here at the primary childrens hospital here in utah. She is very good at her job and i know that ALL nurses who work in the NICU are just as good and they know what they are doing. These doctors are truly a gift from god. My cousin was born 4 months early and weighed 1.5 pounds. He is now almost a year and is doing GREAT. I was born two months early and was only 4 pounds. Now im 23 and ahh.. well i weigh alot more than 4 pounds

God bless and never ever give up!

you should send us pictures so we can see her.

Last edited:
Wow, so many stories about tiny, tiny babies. Anytime I happen to be at a pedi hospital, I always take a trip to the nursery and marvel at the tiny little babies that look no bigger than a doll. Isn't it wonderful we live in a time when these little ones aren't lost? Thankfully, none of my babies were preemies - I can't even imagine how frightening that must be for mom and dad. Babe, please let us know how little Georgia is doing and post pictures when you can.

Worked for a number of years in a pretigious children's hospital, and can tell you that a 30 week preemie who is breathing on its own has a very favorable prognosis.

Congrats on the lovely new girl member of your family

yeah modern medicine rocks. I remember once when i was 10, my mom took me to her work (she was a nurse) to see my grandpa after surgery.well i wandered off and i could her a lady screaming so i followed the scream hoping to see something awesome, thats when i found out what child birth and going into labor was all about. scared the HECK out of me.

Back
Top Bottom