Think about my granddaughter today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww, LT, it's not so bad or none of us would have more than one! But you're gonna be an awesome labor coach when you become a dad because you have so much empathy!

news

i talked to the new mom early this afternoon. she sounded tired but is on the mend. baby a little yellow today. par for the course. still breathing on her own. looks like the days and shots were very helpfull.

again thanks for all the good wishs. going down tomorrow so will see babe.

babe:):):)

i talked to the new mom early this afternoon. she sounded tired but is on the mend. baby a little yellow today. par for the course. still breathing on her own. looks like the days and shots were very helpfull.

again thanks for all the good wishs. going down tomorrow so will see babe.

babe:):):)

That is AWESOME. Question. My mom told me along time why little babies are yellow but i dont really remember. i know it has something to do with the liver and billy ruben or something like that. any way the point is, im happy that every thing is status.

Awww, LT, it's not so bad or none of us would have more than one! But you're gonna be an awesome labor coach when you become a dad because you have so much empathy!
LOL, thanx. a labor coach eh. Going to the hospital with my mom was a BIG learning experience for me.

babe and mom

the mom may come home tomorrow. course baby has to stay in hospital. still breathing on her on.

may go tomorrow,. didn't happen today, various reasons.

babe:angel::angel::angel:

hang in there, Grandpa.. kids are resilient or they wouldn't come back to haunt us.....your granddaughter is going to do great.....the DC clan is behind you all the way

i am great grandma, not pa. not much change today, don't know if suzanne came home or not.

baby is just fine. we are so lucky

babe

That is AWESOME. Question. My mom told me along time why little babies are yellow but i dont really remember. i know it has something to do with the liver and billy ruben or something like that. any way the point is, im happy that every thing is status.

I'll try to explain, but I don't know if I can make it in english..

with newborn children the liver has to start working after the birth.. sometimes it takes a bit longer until the liver does, what it should do, e.g. turn non-water-soluble billyrubin into water-soluble billyrubin so the child can excrete it over the kidneys....

hope you understand what I want to say... :wacko:

@babetoo
I'm glad to hear your granddaughter and teh baby are alright now!

The liver works at birth. What happens is that newborns have a high red blood cell count from being in utero. They have their own blood and some of the mother's blood from the placenta. As the red blood cells die, the by product is bilirubin. normally, this is removed from the body by the liver and excreted through the urine and feces. In newborns, their liver functions are normal but unable to handle the large amount of bilirubin being produced by this huge die-off of red blood cells. The bilirubin builds up in the body and produces jaundice. The light therapy helps to break down the bilirubin in the skin to be excreted in the urine. It is not an indicator of poor liver function or prematurity. Not all babies have it but it is a common occurance like baby acne.

The liver works at birth. What happens is that newborns have a high red blood cell count from being in utero. They have their own blood and some of the mother's blood from the placenta. As the red blood cells die, the by product is bilirubin. normally, this is removed from the body by the liver and excreted through the urine and feces. In newborns, their liver functions are normal but unable to handle the large amount of bilirubin being produced by this huge die-off of red blood cells. The bilirubin builds up in the body and produces jaundice. The light therapy helps to break down the bilirubin in the skin to be excreted in the urine. It is not an indicator of poor liver function or prematurity. Not all babies have it but it is a common occurance like baby acne.
This is a great explanation - it is a very common condition in newborns. Babies born at home are generally placed near a window to receive full daylight a few minutes at a time for the first few days as an aid to breaking down the bilirubin.

I'll try to explain, but I don't know if I can make it in english..

with newborn children the liver has to start working after the birth.. sometimes it takes a bit longer until the liver does, what it should do, e.g. turn non-water-soluble billyrubin into water-soluble billyrubin so the child can excrete it over the kidneys....

hope you understand what I want to say... :wacko:

@babetoo
I'm glad to hear your granddaughter and teh baby are alright now!

thanx , i undertood perfectly. Since everything is used to the mother doing it all the liver has to play a game of "catch up" so i guess certain blood cells and other various types of cells havnt been broken down yet. My mom tried explaining it to me last night and i somewhat understood. To many red blood cells and the liver cant keep up. She said they have a tent at the hospitals they put the babies under. a billy ruben tent. very interesting stuff.

Last edited:
I'm praying that everything is perfectly normal for the baby and that you have a nice peaceful night's sleep tonight.

Barbara

I'm praying that everything is perfectly normal for the baby and that you have a nice peaceful night's sleep tonight.

Barbara

thanks you so much barbara, it was one of those bolt up in bed dreams, pulse going fast. you know the kind.

i hardly ever sleep well at any time. maybe your prayer will help.

babe

When I have trouble sleeping I like to take a warm bath right before bed. I don't usually have trouble sleeping, but when I do I have even gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to take a bath. That helps me a lot. I'm trying to rearrange my sleep schedule (I have gotten into the bad habit of going to bed anywhere from 4:00 to as late as sunrise) so a friend told me about an herbal sleep aid, melatonin, and that has helped a lot too. I got it at GNC.

LOL Now I'm in the mood for a nice warm bath! Probably because my feet are freezing!

You are in my prayers.

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom