"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #31
Senior Cook

If any of you decides one of these resorts might be the vacation spot for you & books it - please eventually let us know how it went for you. We'd be most interested.

When we get back from Villa Premiere in P.V. in November, we'll do a follow-up review to give you the lowdown on our stay there & whether it's a keeper or not.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:35 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipes Make Magic View Post
Only about 50 sleeps till we leave on vacation to Villa Premiere in P.V.
Can't wait !
I hope that resort is all you hope it to be, RMM.

We have 71 nights before we check in to our timeshare on Fort Myers Beach. I'm really not a "Florida person" (Himself wanted to retire to FL. I told him to marry someone else since I didn't. He picked me. ). However, I'm actually looking forward to getting to FL this year! (And looking forward to seeing tinlizzie again. ) We skipped last year since the small place (22 units) was undergoing a large renovation. FL during Labor Day week is not my idea of fun.

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:35 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been looking for vrbn rentals in Texas (Nov 1 - Mar 31) that allow pets, are handicap equipped, have a fenced yard, and a pool. Now I just have to convince Dad we could do this. Okay, we'd be hauling a trailer and dealing with Mom's issues, but I really don't want to deal with another MN winter--the snow, the cold...ugh...so far, I am focussing on Austin and San Antonio.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:49 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Over the years, my wife and I have undertaken a lot of different types of vacationing - from month long car tours of European countries - (loved France & Italy for this )- to visits to a number of Asian hot spots like Bali, Singapore & Hong Kong - to renting oceanfront villas cost-shared with friends in several Caribbean islands - some more than once - to building and enjoying our own an oceanfront villa in Provo, in the Turks & Caicos, as a shared investment, rented out for 5 years, before selling when it got to be a lot of work.

But of course as we've aged, we've moved on to easier vacationing approaches, to be closer to home, have less 'getting there' hassles, and of course at less cost - and found that all-inclusive mexican resorts in excellent climate & weather have fit the bill recently.

RMM, thanks for your most interesting reviews of the Mexican resorts. You should have a wonderful time on your next trip south. Places like that were my choice too in my previous life with my late husband. We stayed at several, both in Mexico and Jamaica and although we enjoyed them, they are part of my past. Western Mexico has no magic for me anymore. I much prefer Hawaii.
When I met and then married Steve the "Souschef" known here, my travel experiences expanded beyond my wildest dreams. You may be interested in reading some or all of our extraordinary adventures.
Travels Around the World With Steve & Kathy

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:13 PM   #35
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
RMM, thanks for your most interesting reviews of the Mexican resorts. You should have a wonderful time on your next trip south. Places like that were my choice too in my previous life with my late husband. We stayed at several, both in Mexico and Jamaica and although we enjoyed them, they are part of my past. Western Mexico has no magic for me anymore. I much prefer Hawaii.
When I met and then married Steve the "Souschef" known here, my travel experiences expanded beyond my wildest dreams. You may be interested in reading some or all of our extraordinary adventures.
Travels Around the World With Steve & Kathy

Thanks for your kind words, Kay.

I'll definitely have a peek through your travels....
Old 08-31-2019, 12:23 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words, Kay.

I'll definitely have a peek through your travels....

There's a lot to see there RMM.. 41 countries, 51 trips, 500 travel days, and 17 cruises. I'm grateful for every moment with him.

Old 08-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #37
Senior Cook

Wow - truly enjoyed reading through your travels, Kathy & Steve - many thank for posting.

My wife Linda of near 30 years and I, (2nd marriage following my first wife's passing from cancer at a much too early age), have also undertaken a significant amount of travel, which you've likely already gathered from my various comments, but I'm quite certain we still fall short of the numerous travels you've enjoyed !

Having lived in 18 different cities at various times, some for only a year or two, including stints in Singapore, Hong Kong, Paris, London,
Los Angeles, New York, Grenada Isle, and Provo in the Turks & Caicaos, among many others throughout Canada, have certainly broadened our scope for a great deal of travel accumulation.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:50 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

We go on one big trip every year.

Australia, Bora Bora, Morocco and this year Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Bali and Dubai. Taking an Orient Express-type train from Bangkok to Singapore.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:23 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

That sounds fantastic Jenny!

Old 08-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #40
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
We go on one big trip every year.

Australia, Bora Bora, Morocco and this year Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Bali and Dubai. Taking an Orient Express-type train from Bangkok to Singapore.
I lived in Singapore for a few years -visited all those countries several times and loved it.

If this is your first visit to that part of the world, you'll have a great time- especially the train ride from Bangkok to Singapore. And I know you'll find Bali extremely interesting.
Malaysia may seem a bit quiet compared to the other countries, but it can surprise you with it's beautiful architecture, among other things.

Don't be shy about trying all those countries' best/favored food dishes - unbelievable flavors in many of them !