This bites!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
For a week now, we've had a virus going through my house. I'm the last person standing (or is that, heaving?). Last night, at work, I started feeling really bloated the last two hours. 5 minutes before I would have left, violent forces conspired to purge my stomach. I went home, actually feeling somewhat better. Two hours later, I was wasted. All I could do was lay in bed, trying to keep warm, catch some sleep, etc. PeppA even cooked steaks on the grill, but I couldn't stand the thought of food. No rest for the weary last night. I couldn't get more than an hour or two of sleep at any given stretch. Around 0500, violent forces again conspired to force me to worship the porcelain god. What I'd like to know is, where did all that stuff come from, since I hadn't eaten anything since 1630 the day before, and it reappeared about 1930?

Now that my MIL is awake, I may try to lay back down for a nap. Luckily, I've been able to keep some liquids down, so hopefully I'll actually be able to eat something tonight.

This is a 24-hour bug. Everyone else is OK now. At least this happened on my day off. Of course, I won't be able to really enjoy my day.

I hear you, Allen. It stinks to be sick. Sounds like it's airborne, since all you guys came down with it. It's been years since I've come down with the flu, but I recall what it's like.

It just has to run its' course, unfortunately. A tip - take massive doses of vitamin C. It works! The bf, couldn't move off the couch. I kept feeding him C. In a few hours he was up and about. Don't know which is worse - being sick on your day off, having to drag yourself into work, or losing pay.

Always best to take good care of yourself - keep in good shape, take vitamins, & working in the food industry, & in constant contact with the public, yeah as OCD as it may sound, wash your hands alot.

Here's a get well soon hug.

Last edited:
Well, I just got up from a 3-hour nap. Now I have a headache. That's probably just caffiene withdrawl and/or dehydration. Lunch has stayed down, so far, so I'm going to start drinking a lot of water. Hopefully PeppA will bring home some Gatorade when she gets home soon.

Oh yes, I know all about vitamin C. I'm also probably the healthiest person in the house, as I try to eat a widely-varied diet (easy to do at work). I'm always washing my hands, so much so that I think the soap from work is starting to dry my hands out again.

I hope you are feeling better soon. We had the same thing go through our house twice in eight weeks. The first time lasted a couple days, the second time just one day per person. I feel for you, good thing though, you are only going to feel better from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom