This house seems so empty today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Boy its quiet around here. I had to take my lil Max in to have him fixed....poor lil guy....took the manhood before he even knew he had it. So I'm all alone in this big house and its too cold to go venture out to really do anything..... hmmm. Boy I didn't realize how much I've grown attached to the lil bugger. He truely keeps me on my toes and its strange to not be seeing what mischief he's getting into or having him cuddled up on my lap. Haven't felt this way since our little one started school. :(. Trinket is sleeping so soundly I dare not disturb the queen :)

Sizz he'll be home & curled up in your lap before you know it! Mack had to be fixed before we could even bring him home & I missed him like crazy!!

Now, in the words of my brother when we had our dog fixed, "I've never understood why thay had to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with.":rolleyes:

:) He will be fine neutering is alot less invasive than spaying.
When we had our german sheppard neutered it was a breeze.People would say how awful for him.I would say not really as he lost them before he even knew he had them.
I think it freaks men out alot more when their male dog gets fixed.And thats all Im going to say about that.

Miss Crewsk...Miss Sizz

I have owned many dogs in my life..mostly of the hunting variety.
Never really been attached that much to one...until...about 3 years ago my son brought home this little puppy that was just days away from death. We nursed it back to health. He was supposed to be a full blood Chocolate lab. but as it turned out..a Lab/Border Collie mix..very intelligent with a strong desire to please...Anyways, here I am for the first time in my life "head-over-heels" in love with a dog..;) He is my constant companion and friend ...is asleep at my feet as I type.

Last edited:
:) Im a huge believer in spaying and neutering.Its hard to take them in and get it done but in the long run they are better off and not contributing to the population explosion.At the ranch where I live I dont know how many people get cats and dont fix them,then they move away and whats left is a bunch of feral cats DH catches them in a havahart we all chip in to fix them and then find them good homes.But we really shouldnt hafto do this if people would just spend the lousy $20.00 bucks to do it.Our vets in town have a spay/neuter drive about twice a year when you can do it for only $20.00.

jpmcgrew said:
:) He will be fine neutering is alot less invasive than spaying.
When we had our german sheppard neutered it was a breeze.People would say how awful for him.I would say not really as he lost them before he even knew he had them.
I think it freaks men out alot more when their male dog gets fixed.And thats all Im going to say about that.

I think DH and Max willhave a bonding moment because I had DH neutered almost 7 years ago ;)

Uncle Bob..... what a sweet story. My dad tried to be a hard man towards the animals. I was told that when I was little we had a dog and dad took him way out in the country and dropped him off....I know I know it was wrong..... anyway that dog found his way back home and dad was so shocked and amazed that he let it stay and they bonded. I was also told that when this dog was poisoned by an unknown neighbor dad was crying while trying to save its life giving it mouth to mouth. Hard to believe this macho man cried when it came to a dog but it just goes to show how much an animal can affect a persons life.

My DH doesn't even try to be a hard man, he calls the animals the Smallies or the Babies and he doesn't care who knows he loves them, most of the time he is a lot more soppy than me. I keep telling him he'll have to harden up if we have a human baby!

I hope little Max never realises his loss Sizz. I only wish more animals and people were done....he'll be fine, and making the house feel "full" again in no time. Is Trinket enjoying her day alone?

Your post made me tear up. I am 3 years now since I lost my precious Cockers they went within 6 months of each other - both nearly 16. The little one Lucy, I believe died of a broken heart. We moved where coyotes are a concern so i have not replaced them and I miss the companionship as well. However I do not miss the vet & grooming visits. :)

lulu said:
My DH doesn't even try to be a hard man, he calls the animals the Smallies or the Babies and he doesn't care who knows he loves them, most of the time he is a lot more soppy than me. I keep telling him he'll have to harden up if we have a human baby!

I hope little Max never realises his loss Sizz. I only wish more animals and people were done....he'll be fine, and making the house feel "full" again in no time. Is Trinket enjoying her day alone?

Oh she's cuddled up on the back of the chair behind me sleeping peacefully. I think she's fully enjoying the peace and quite.

I know exactly what it is like because when Jolie was fixed she had to stay overnight at the vet and I couldn't wait to pick her up the next day.

She is such a love that one of my neighbors calls her a Brown Teddy Bear.

Just a word of caution... do not ever tell Max what you really did to him, he may not be so cuddly anymore!!:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

But really, it is always a wise thing to do, in the end for his sake, too. Hope he is home sound soon!!

Barbara said:
Your post made me tear up. I am 3 years now since I lost my precious Cockers they went within 6 months of each other - both nearly 16. The little one Lucy, I believe died of a broken heart. We moved where coyotes are a concern so i have not replaced them and I miss the companionship as well. However I do not miss the vet & grooming visits. :)

So sorry to cause you sadness Barbara.

Well my lil fella is safely home and cuddled up under the blanket on the couch. I was laying with him but had to get dinner fixed. He's sleeping so good. Poor lil guy!
Yes I know I did the right thing but its just so sad....they should invent a pill for this sort of thing :)

It's good to see he's home Sizz. He'll be back to his fine slef in a few days.
In the long run having a pet fixed is actually better for them.

Back
Top Bottom