"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

This is Just Too Bizarre

This Jon Benet Ramsey confession thing. I don't buy it for a minute.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
Master Chef

What do you think happened, Bug?

Old 08-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I don't either. That guy looks so weird! He was a teacher? Looks like another lonney tunes to me. But if he did the horrific thing to that little girl, hang um high!
Old 08-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Connie, I think this guy was obsessed with children and s*x/violence and decided to cop to one of the biggest unsolved mysteries in that line to get his 15 minutes of attention. What a whack job. Notice where they found him - in Thailand, where pretty much any sexual perversion you care to exploit is available. I'm "sure" he was there to be an educator.

I guess the DNA evidence will tell all.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
Master Chef

Actually, I don't want to know. I believe in the cosmic, forever kinda scheme of things, the person who did what was done will get their just punishment. I love kids and detest violence of any kind against them. They are just too prescious. They are gifts to parents, to society, and to humanity. I have many times given up adult company in favor of nephews and nieces who seemed to have been forgotten at the family get-together, or Christmas party. Adults have had their special times. Each child desearves to have someone making their time special, not a horror story.

The perpetrator of the Jon Benet Ramsey crime will be punished, either in this life or the next. At least that's what I believe.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Weed, you are a kind and gentle man whom I admire for many things, but on this one and others like it I like to call a spade a spade. Pedophiles might eventually get their just desserts, but in the meantime someone's children are dead and/or mutilated and/or irrevocably harmed for the rest of their conscious life. I don't mind dealing with evil in the here and now.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
It all does seem kind of kooky, but the guy knows details of the case never revealed to the public in any form (official documents, books written by those involved, etc.). How'd he get that knowledge? Lucky guess? Maybe.

DW tapes a 4+ hour thing on LifeTime TV about the case. Basically it was a movie about the case. If the presentation is accurate at all, this was the most botched case I've ever seen police work on. There are no appropriate words to describe the debauchery to this case, from what I have seen.

It sounds like they (the cops) had eyes on this guy for a while, as Mrs. Ramsey was allegedly told by law enforcement that "soon" there would be an arrest while she was in the hospital. Sadly, she didn't make it to see the event transpire.

The guy certainly looks to be a few fries short of a happy meal, that's for sure. And to think this guy that apparently has a less then presentable past was a second grade teacher? I shudder thinking about it.

It's nailing b@$t@rds like this that makes me want to continue pursuing a career in law enforcement.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:44 PM   #8
Sous Chef

I just feel bad for the family after what the press put them through. It was unfortuante timing though as the case came on the heels of that lady who drove her kids into the river and claimed they had been kidnapped. That caused undue suspicion to be cast on any parent of a missing child and opened the floodgates for conviction by the forth estate.

The sad part now though is that any family that has to go through this can no longer get on television and make empassioned pleas for the safe return of their child. Frankly, after seeing the way the press has treated the Ramseys if I had to endure such h**l I would only make statements through a lawyer.

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:49 PM   #9
Master Chef

I don't know who killed that little girl, but I do have a comment to make:

I've watched the film clips of her from the Beauty Pageant Videos, and I think it's reprehensible that a mother would display her child in the way Mrs. Ramsey did. She was advertising the child in a very adult manner, and the father allowed it.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
Executive Chef

I'm not convinced that the Ramsey's didn't know anything. There is so much troubling evidence that the trial will be very interesting.

I believe I heard that the ransom note could not have been written by him. But we'll get so many tiny pieces of evidence and hearsay mixed together with truth and lies that it'll take a long time to sift through everything.

I don't know how people live through the loss of a child and my heart aches for any of you who have had to experience that tragedy.