This is Just Too Bizarre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't either. That guy looks so weird! He was a teacher? Looks like another lonney tunes to me. But if he did the horrific thing to that little girl, hang um high!

Connie, I think this guy was obsessed with children and s*x/violence and decided to cop to one of the biggest unsolved mysteries in that line to get his 15 minutes of attention. What a whack job. Notice where they found him - in Thailand, where pretty much any sexual perversion you care to exploit is available. I'm "sure" he was there to be an educator.

I guess the DNA evidence will tell all.

Actually, I don't want to know. I believe in the cosmic, forever kinda scheme of things, the person who did what was done will get their just punishment. I love kids and detest violence of any kind against them. They are just too prescious. They are gifts to parents, to society, and to humanity. I have many times given up adult company in favor of nephews and nieces who seemed to have been forgotten at the family get-together, or Christmas party. Adults have had their special times. Each child desearves to have someone making their time special, not a horror story.

The perpetrator of the Jon Benet Ramsey crime will be punished, either in this life or the next. At least that's what I believe.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Weed, you are a kind and gentle man whom I admire for many things, but on this one and others like it I like to call a spade a spade. Pedophiles might eventually get their just desserts, but in the meantime someone's children are dead and/or mutilated and/or irrevocably harmed for the rest of their conscious life. I don't mind dealing with evil in the here and now.

It all does seem kind of kooky, but the guy knows details of the case never revealed to the public in any form (official documents, books written by those involved, etc.). How'd he get that knowledge? Lucky guess? Maybe.

DW tapes a 4+ hour thing on LifeTime TV about the case. Basically it was a movie about the case. If the presentation is accurate at all, this was the most botched case I've ever seen police work on. There are no appropriate words to describe the debauchery to this case, from what I have seen.

It sounds like they (the cops) had eyes on this guy for a while, as Mrs. Ramsey was allegedly told by law enforcement that "soon" there would be an arrest while she was in the hospital. Sadly, she didn't make it to see the event transpire.

The guy certainly looks to be a few fries short of a happy meal, that's for sure. And to think this guy that apparently has a less then presentable past was a second grade teacher? I shudder thinking about it.

It's nailing b@$t@rds like this that makes me want to continue pursuing a career in law enforcement.

I just feel bad for the family after what the press put them through. It was unfortuante timing though as the case came on the heels of that lady who drove her kids into the river and claimed they had been kidnapped. That caused undue suspicion to be cast on any parent of a missing child and opened the floodgates for conviction by the forth estate.

The sad part now though is that any family that has to go through this can no longer get on television and make empassioned pleas for the safe return of their child. Frankly, after seeing the way the press has treated the Ramseys if I had to endure such h**l I would only make statements through a lawyer.

~ Raven ~

I don't know who killed that little girl, but I do have a comment to make:

I've watched the film clips of her from the Beauty Pageant Videos, and I think it's reprehensible that a mother would display her child in the way Mrs. Ramsey did. She was advertising the child in a very adult manner, and the father allowed it. :mad:

I'm not convinced that the Ramsey's didn't know anything. There is so much troubling evidence that the trial will be very interesting.

I believe I heard that the ransom note could not have been written by him. But we'll get so many tiny pieces of evidence and hearsay mixed together with truth and lies that it'll take a long time to sift through everything.

I don't know how people live through the loss of a child and my heart aches for any of you who have had to experience that tragedy.

It's the worst thing there is, Jan.

You think because you pray for them, that they will be safe. His eye is on the sparrow, after all.
But sometimes, despite all your prayers and protection, the unspeakable happens.
The first thing you think is, "Why couldn't it have been me, instead?!"

You go on because you have no choice. I ended up with a very traumatized little 3 year old boy to raise, and his psychotic, junky father to deal with. But my husband was by my side evry step of the way, and I'm pretty tough old dame myself, so we did what we had to do.
My preacher and the chief of police sat here in my kitchen, and told me that if the guy came through my door, to shoot, and and keep shooting until he quit moving.
They said sometimes these people don't even they've been shot.

It never stops hurting, but after a time, you learn to live with the pain.

By the way, this spring, I lost a young woman who was like a daughter to me, my youngest daughter's best friend. I'd known her since she was 8 years old. She even worked for me in the greenhouse for several years.
She was only 33 years old.
Some loony she got mixed up with beat her to death with a hammer.

:(

mudbug said:
Weed, you are a kind and gentle man whom I admire for many things, but on this one and others like it I like to call a spade a spade. Pedophiles might eventually get their just desserts, but in the meantime someone's children are dead and/or mutilated and/or irrevocably harmed for the rest of their conscious life. I don't mind dealing with evil in the here and now.

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. I am all for punishment of the person who did the dispicable things to that little girl. And if he/she is caught, and guilt is proven, then that individual needs to pay for the crime, in the extreme. And as for prisons, except that criminals are placed in locked cells, life aboard an aircraft carrier can be more demanding and less comfortable, with 12 hour workdays, seven days a week. Bunks consist of a steel slab with a 2 inch thick cotton matress on top of it, and cotton sheets with a scratchy wool blanket. And the bunks are stacked four high, with just enough room to roll over without touching the bunk above you with your shoulders.

I think prisons are way to concerned with the comfort of the prisoners. Anyone who does a crime desearving of prison should not get a comfortable place to live, with basketball courts, weight-lifting equipment, etc.

And if they are pedophiles, I think life in prison with hard-case men who hate pedophiles would be more punishment than death.

I son't know where I stand on the death penalty simply because innocent people have been put down only to have the real killer found after the execution.

I do believe in life after death and a judgement, but I also believe in the justice system, to a point. I believe that it is one of the greatest systems on the planet, in spite of its shortcommings.

And I too hope that if this man is the real pedophile, that he is punished with whatever maximum sentence is the hardest for him to bear.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Constance said:
I don't know who killed that little girl, but I do have a comment to make:

I've watched the film clips of her from the Beauty Pageant Videos, and I think it's reprehensible that a mother would display her child in the way Mrs. Ramsey did. She was advertising the child in a very adult manner, and the father allowed it. :mad:

Amen, Connie. I'm sorry their child was murdered, but the way they (and any other parents like them) were pimping her at such a young age is appalling. And even more shame on the people who promote, support, and watch such events.

Weed - understood. Sorry if I came down too hard on you in particular. The whole issue of pedophilia makes my skin crawl and unfortunately I took it out on you a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom